Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,May 10, 2024, 15:32:58

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Members
  • Total Members: 8,197
  • Latest: bluebat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,428
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 21
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 17
Total: 17

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Black Vortex Bootloader Update

Started by Gaza07, Sunday,July 15, 2012, 23:45:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaza07

The boot loader supplied on the Black Vortex board is wrong and will only allow you to upload a sketch to a max size of 1280 when it should be 2560, you can fix this by uploading the correct boot loader using the Arduino Isp program,
The first thing you will need to do is add the 6 pin Isp header to the board as this is also missing and should really be fitted by the manafacturer, below is a picture of the the position and pin out order of the header

[attachimg=6]

once you have carefully soldered the header pins in place follow the instructions below on how to upload the new boot loader
Make sure you connect your programmer the correct way around, If your programmer supports supplying the target (your BV) with 5v use this option as it will power your board during the upload, It would be a good idea to have every thing else disconnected  ~~

I have done this process 3 times with my own BV and it has worked 100% all 3 times, I remember speaking with Paul (Flyduino maker) about boot loaders some time ago and he told me he just uses the arduino program with a compatible programmer, he also confirmed that you do get a single mismatch error at the end but it is not a problem,

Select your programmer as shown below from the list of compatible programmers, if your programmer is not in the list you can not use it, some of the Usbasp programmers work some don,t As can be seen I used the UsnTiny Programmer

[attachimg=1]

Next select the board type as shown below Arduinio mega 2560 or mega ADK setting this also set the correct boot loader file in the arduino program the STK V2 boot loader

[attachimg=2]

Next select burn boot loader to start the upload

[attachimg=3]

You should see the message displayed Burning boot loader to I/O (this may take a minute)
It can in fact take a lot longer you have to be very patient even if you think its doing nothing wait untill it is finished

[attachimg=4]

Although there is an error show here the boot loader was working fine even Paul from flyduino gets this error :D

[attachimg=5]

You should now have the correct boot loader on your BV and should never have to use the altered boards.txt again  ~~

(Please only follow these instructions at your own risk it has worked 100% for me and several others)
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]