Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 19, 2024, 11:32:00

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 23
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 23
Total: 23

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

OP Revolution Nano FC - Full 10DoF

Started by Hands0n, Friday,July 17, 2015, 22:48:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Hands0n

These things are just about as available as Unicorn poop right now, but I swear that I am not going to build another 250 before I do so using one of these.

If the videos from the OP crowd are to be trusted then they are the first out of the gate with a 32bit nano FC with a working full 10DoF that includes GPS functions such as Loiter, RTL and "full GPS navigation" (I';m assuming Waypoints). 

Of course, the trick is to actually lay hands on one of these mythical beasties in the first place ...

At $49.95 thats not a bad price at all ...

See  here --> http://newstore.openpilot.org/usa/official-openpilot-hardware/26-openpilot-revolution-nano.html

--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

bazzerh

nice but i dont like those funny shaped cases. whats wrong with good old fashioned right angles? it is hard to get a perfect orientation on those when you';re sticking it down with double sided.
Round By Round Qualifying and Finals For All.

it just makes sense

xxpitt

No need for all those functions in a mini quad. Guessing that';s what it';s been designed for

atomiclama

Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

Hands0n

Quote from: atomiclama on Friday,July 17, 2015, 23:52:56
Can we have CF on it???

You probably could - but that would then make it no better than a Naze32 for GPS functions.

@xxpitt - I want a mini with full on GPS capabilities to carry around as a mini FPV & Camera ship.  As such, it may get some distance, orientation can be a challenge and Loiter/RTH are on my list of wants.

I won';t ever buy another 10DoF (such as the Naze/Flip) FC as it is completely pointless  given the crippled GPS and Baro functionality. No point paying out for components that can';t be used.  So CC3D or Naze/Flip Acro only in those cases ~~
--
Danny

Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

arturios

I have a 330 frame this would be really nice to fit in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kilby

I take it the full sized Revo doesn';t exist any more

Come to think of it I have never actually seen it available for purchase
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

DRKX

Quote from: kilby on Monday,July 20, 2015, 10:21:32
I take it the full sized Revo doesn';t exist any more

Come to think of it I have never actually seen it available for purchase

I heard, somewhere in the ';rumour mill';, that the Revo (full size) is still the better FC out of ';Revo'; and ';Nano';!

One day I intend to put this theory to the test personally.

Hands0n

I also think that the Revo was only ever produced in limited quantities and that was it.  The Revo Nano appears to be the way forward, and why not, smaller is fine.  But again, availability at this time is challenging, probably easier to purchase Unicorn poop for the garden. ::) 

I';m kind of hoping that the Chinese cloners get their mitts on the FC which I believe is open source hardware (someone correct me if I';m wrong).  That would drive up the popularity of this FC and create a real and functioning alternative to the Naze32 class. 

Something has to give ....
--
Danny

DRKX

Quote from: Hands0n on Monday,July 20, 2015, 16:04:28
I also think that the Revo was only ever produced in limited quantities and that was it.  The Revo Nano appears to be the way forward, and why not, smaller is fine.  But again, availability at this time is challenging, probably easier to purchase Unicorn poop for the garden. ::) 

I';m kind of hoping that the Chinese cloners get their mitts on the FC which I believe is open source hardware (someone correct me if I';m wrong).  That would drive up the popularity of this FC and create a real and functioning alternative to the Naze32 class. 

Something has to give ....

The hardware and software are open source but they can';t be replicated for financial gain! anyone can make their own, all the info is available. 
There is a slight problem with the ole chinese clones.
In an effort to mass produce and for financial gain, corners tend to get cut when it come to QC and eventually (like what has happened to the CC3D) you can never be sure that you have got one that is going to work as it was intended.
This then leaves a black mark in peoples mind (wrongly) when they think of OpenPilot.
Tis a shame.

Hands0n

Quote from: DRKX on Monday,July 20, 2015, 16:15:35
The hardware and software are open source but they can';t be replicated for financial gain! anyone can make their own, all the info is available. 
There is a slight problem with the ole chinese clones.
In an effort to mass produce and for financial gain, corners tend to get cut when it come to QC and eventually (like what has happened to the CC3D) you can never be sure that you have got one that is going to work as it was intended.
This then leaves a black mark in peoples mind (wrongly) when they think of OpenPilot.
Tis a shame.

Hmm, I wouldn';t be too hard on the Chinese "cloners"  ;)  They did a fair job with 3DR';s APM and latterly the PX4 Pixhawk (in all of its current guises).  Some of their improvements never made it back round the loop into 3DR';s OEM.  Admittedly, some of the early attempts were rather dire - HobbyKing and RC Timer I';m looking at you!

I think that of late they';ve got a lot better than say a year ago ...  :crossfingers:
--
Danny

DRKX

Quote from: Hands0n on Monday,July 20, 2015, 17:21:29
Hmm, I wouldn';t be too hard on the Chinese "cloners"  ;)

yeah, I did tar them all with the same brush... my bad!  (I';ve had some perfectly good cloned CC3D myself)  :embarrassed

mpd79

These seem to be hard to get hold of, anyone know when they will be shipping again?  :beer2:
TAROT 680Pro - Pixhawk
330 LF v2 - APMMini
Taranis
[url=http://postimage.org/][/url]

kilby

Having watched the Revo Nano thread over at RCG I don';t think that they have learnt their lesson after the full size Revo.

Their developers seem to be complaining about clone boards but saying that they are not going to improve the supply situation themselves <sigh>

Also much time seems to be spent complaining about 3DR and TauLabs not complying with what they think the CC licensed means.

All in all its embarrassing
Taranis+

mpd79

TAROT 680Pro - Pixhawk
330 LF v2 - APMMini
Taranis

quadfather

I got one, but haven';t played with it yet.

The problem is that they sell out very quickly.  I got an email to say they were in stock and by the time I completed the checkout it was on backorder again.  It took me five minutes to place the order from receipt of the stock notification.

There has been a fair amount of grumbling about the lack of stock and communication.
-rw-rw-rw-  –  The Number of the Beast

davethepitch

I have just watched a few videos and it looks a very good flight controller and I am impressed with the GPS abilities.

mpd79

I';ve got notifications on the official store and the recommend other sellers - surely it cant be to much longer! I have a trip coming up in 3 weeks and was hoping to take my small quad along :-(

Were they quick at dispatching?
TAROT 680Pro - Pixhawk
330 LF v2 - APMMini
Taranis

quadfather

Quote from: mpd79 on Friday,August 21, 2015, 21:11:24
I';ve got notifications on the official store and the recommend other sellers - surely it cant be to much longer! I have a trip coming up in 3 weeks and was hoping to take my small quad along :-(

Were they quick at dispatching?

Pray you don';t get stock notification at 3am, which is what happened to some people outside of the US.

I ordered on a Sunday, they dispatched it on Monday and it arrived the following Monday at my doorstep.  No import tax either, despite the full declared value. ~~
-rw-rw-rw-  –  The Number of the Beast

kilby

You sometimes see some full size Revo flight controllers here if you fancy tring the current Openpilot firmware http://www.foxtechfpv.com/cc3d-revolution-combo-p-2060.html

There are currently 6 listed as being in stock.

I';m considering the OP for my next flight controller (or rather next but one)
Taranis+