Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,March 29, 2024, 11:10:12

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 23
Total: 23

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

What do you suffer with that interferes with your life?

Started by guest325, Sunday,July 12, 2015, 18:38:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Calomile

I reverse polarities for fun.

annikk.exe

I';ve had depression for about 16 years.
It comes and goes, recently (past 12 months) has seen a particularly nasty resurgence.  Some days I cannot leave the house.  I actually had a 6 month sabbatical from work earlier this year because I just wasn';t coping.

Flying makes me feel like I have a purpose.  It really wasn';t that long ago that I knew nothing, and had never flown...  4 months ago.  I threw myself into this hobby completely and totally.  I will become a skilled pilot, or die trying.

DarkButterfly

Depression sucks, I went through it around 2009 and had suicidal thoughts, almost got sectioned. However those dark days are behind me.
I have transgender issues too, but I';m working through that to find the right path for me ~~

In terms of physical ailments, I have Cerebral Palsy, both my knees are wrecked and I don';t have binocular vision.
To put that into a positive, I have extremely wide vision and very directional hearing :smiley:

Flying, as well as building stuff is a major outlet for me, I put energy into everything I make, couple that with some good trance music and I feel awesome ~~
Why use 4 motors when you can use 6?

YouTube channel
[url="https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386"]https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386[/url]

slurm

Quote from: Calomile on Monday,July 13, 2015, 12:28:06
I watch this every day for motivation and inspiration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuHfVn_cfHU

If you want another motivating speaker, try this dude, I don';t think I have ever had more respect for someone:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJvEoLPLIg8

ZMR 250 carbon frame, emax mt1806 motors, mystery 12a ESC, Flip32+, 5040 props
9x transmitter

Revs

Just wanted to say that while it';s not nice reading about people having issues, it';s good that we';re all able to be open about it. It';s not healthy keeping this stuff to ourselves which is why having an understanding ear is very important. Thanks Darrell for starting the thread ;)

I';m pleased to say I';m just about feeling myself again after yesterdays anxiety attack. Partly due to this thread, so thanks to you all :smiley: Keep your chin up and happy flying!

guest325

That was part of the reason for me starting it, I know that if you know that you';re not alone it';s so much easier to cope. I';ve been on quite a few NHS trials to try to find out what helps most - and here you have it, being able to talk about it  - it';s very hard to speak to friends or family the same way as someone who is a bit anonymous  - so much easier!!!
Keep them coming and let';s all see how much we can help each other!

Marty McFly

Yes what you have said is true,I have had about 3hrs sleep in thie last 24hrs but im just watching the world go by,but seeing this thread makes you realise there are people wore off than your self,thank you for starting this thread,Marty and the borrowed doggie, :scotland:

Chippercheese

I';ve suffered from depression of varying severity since the age of around 10-11 (family history of mental issues, most notably a s**t-load of bi-polar disorder on the maternal side). Sometimes I can fight it off by force of will (y';know, forcing myself to take those baby-steps towards functioning, one small victory at a time to overcome that weird sense of terror - giving yourself a slap in the face to say "SNAP OUT OF IT, DON';T YOU KNOW HOW LUCKY YOU ARE?"), but sometimes it';s a bit harder.

At present I';m on a bit of a cliff edge, having been made redundant in April - and now my fiance has essentially become disabled (thanks to a hereditary degenerative spinal condition) and in need of near-constant care, I';m watching a wonderful, lively 27 year old woman turn into a frail old lady right before my eyes and there';s nothing I can do... This was supposed to be that "one good year", we were making wedding plans, I';d finally achieved real financial stability for the first time, it was all about taking those first steps toward the rest of our lives. Now I';m out of work, it';s occurred to me that I never really made time to meet people in this area or make friends outside of the office. Aside from the occasional 6am trip to the local hills to fly or job interviews, I basically don';t leave the house anymore.

Meh.
TBS Discovery + ghetto printed gimbal, HovershipMHQ 1 & 2, QAV250, Turnigy Talon V2, chinese Alien500 thingie, 3d Printed Tricopter, Bix 3, [url="//flyingwings.co.uk"]Flyingwings.co.uk[/url] FalconEVO, Venturi EVO 1+2, Hornet Racing Wing, Radjet800 (by the dozen)... Permanent sucker for FPV, and lots and lots of OpenLR

Ynot6

i';ve had marriage problems, (we separated for 6 months), and it';s nearly 11 years since a mild stroke.  but i consider my self f&%$ing lucky, and healthy, compared with with some of you. hang on in there and happy flying. :beer2: :beer2:
440 Y6 with vector, F330 quad with naza, hammer 240 with flip32, and watch this space.

Marty McFly

Hi Chippercheese,ive been thinking about you all day,and im really stuck for words,im suffering bad at the moment but my probs are nothing compared to yours.
All I can say and I no it is hard please just try and stick in and give your girl all your love,as she deserves it and it will make you content as well in a funny sort of way.
I will be saying a we prayer for the both of you tonight and please take it easy.

Marty and the borrowed doggie, :scotland:

kilby

My grumbles pail into insignificance compared with other people';s real problems (though when the black dog is stalking it doesn';t feel like that)

Can';t help feeling it may be part of the reason that there aren';t too many arguments on this site (compared with others.)

Yes sometimes there are grumpy words but too many people have real stuff going on and realise that what is said isn';t that important in the scheme of things
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

kilby

CC keep up with the 6am flights, interviews and everyday stuff it really does help keep things together
Taranis+

guest325

Bad news from me I';m afraid, with the company deciding to regroup on one site I shall now have to commute  90 miles a day instead of  28, I found out about this a week ago, i';ve become anxious  and worried about the effects on my health and had to go see my doctor  - she';s put me on anti depressants and told me to take at least a week off - I feel gutted because I was doing so well!
On the positive side I hope to be able (if my mind let';s me) get some of my long term projects moving.
I still feel positive that I will get better and shake this affliction off but it';s not so easy as I hoped it would be, I hope in sharing my experiences some of the others of us who feel similarly can draw from this - DON';T GIVE UP ON YOURSELF!!!
(Sorry for shouting).

Marty McFly

Hi Darren I hope you are feeling better soon,I no how you are feeling,im going through good and bad at the moment,just try and think positive though it is very hard at times,the only thing that keeps me going is borrowed,take care my friend, marty and the borrowed doggie, :scotland:

ched

Quote from: DarrellW on Saturday,July 18, 2015, 00:23:42
Bad news from me I';m afraid, with the company deciding to regroup on one site I shall now have to commute  90 miles a day instead of  28
Darrell, don';t worry about the drive you will get used to it quite quickly. I went from 10miles/30mins each way to 45miles/45mins each way. Then to 65miles/70mins each way and did that for over 5 years. The 65 miles was mostly on the M25!!!
There were a few things that helped me. 1. try and be on flexi time, then you don';t worry if you get stuck in traffic, 2. get a slow economical diesel, may sound silly but if you don';t have much power you don';t worry about getting where you are going fast. 3. Good music, try and find music you enjoy to play on the journey. 4. Use the travelling time to plan your day at work or what you are ging to do in the evening when you get home.

After a few months I actually found my heart rate was lowest when driving on M25!

So try and relax and keep calm, after a few weeks it will just be normal to get to work and back.

Good Luck.
I try :-)

Revs

I';m lucky in that I have an extremely short commute, but if I did have a trek to work I';d have something like a RC related podcast or something to listen to on the way.

On a Sunday when I';m working and don';t want to be, I tend to have YouTube vids playing on the laptop. I do like a good science documentary, but mostly I watch FliteTest or similar, which keeps my head in a good place while I crack on.

quadfather

I can';t recommend Audible highly enough.  Takes a lot of stress off your mind when commuting.  ~~

Autocorrupt provided by Tapatalk

-rw-rw-rw-  –  The Number of the Beast

kilby

Another +1 for audio books, unless there is something interesting on radio4 or 4extra as the state of radio annoys me
Taranis+

guest325

It';s usually Planet Rock or Smooth for me, but I do get bored after a while - fortunately that';s a couple of hours!

guest325

Well, I';ve had my first few weeks of the long commute and apart from a couple of blips (M6 in carpark mode) it';s not been too bad.
But my trusty  3 year old Vauxhall  Adam has to step aside for  this:
A 320D efficient dynamics, 2010 reg but only 40k on the clock, it';s like new!

Tim2100

I have a few issues.  The main thing is that I have cystic fibrosis.  Plus various other connected ailments such as huge stomach acid, depression, osteo etc etc.

Medications suck

DVM

Quote from: quadfather on Saturday,July 18, 2015, 15:03:11
I can';t recommend Audible highly enough.  Takes a lot of stress off your mind when commuting.  ~~

Autocorrupt provided by Tapatalk

Agreed. Not that I recommend this sort of thing....

http://tinyurl.com/q4t28yb

XH558

At the age of 62 I am just going through all the tests after having an enlarged prostate discovered ...and of all of them such as CT - MRI - Ultrasound the worst was the camera up the willy  :o :o :o
It was only really small but it felt like a digital SLR with one touch zoom  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I don';t recommend it  :-/
But one way or the other it';ll be ok ...

Then over my life I';ve had 3 separate really bad prolapsed disc incidents in my lower back which has left me with a severed sciatic nerve in my left leg - this effectively means my left buttock - groin - thigh - calf - heel - achilles tendon - and 3 small toes are all completely numb ... to some extent this can be a blessing in that I no longer get sciatica .. but also a bit of a bummer when you stand on a 10mm roofing tack and its right in your heel but you don';t know till you see your sock covered in blood and wonder why ...  ;) I have to be really careful with injuries on the numb bits  ;)

I get really bad muscle spasms still and they pull my pelvis down to a 45 degree angle so I just go to the chiropractor and get it manipulated straight (the NHS is a waste of space for back problems  :tongue:) I live on co-dydramol and would prefer to take Ibuprofen but can';t because of high blood pressure  :rolleyes:

But compared to my son who has Asperger';s Syndrome - and some of you out there my life';s a breeze  :azn

By the way they tried him on Efexor and I wouldn';t wish that drug on my worst enemy - the side effects nearly drove him mad - and getting off it was a nightmare in itself and he still suffers the after effects now some 6 years later  ... just sayin'; - but if it helps you then all well and good ..

Also with commuting to work - I drove from South West Cornwall to Bristol Monday and Friday every week for 3 years and lived in a 2 berth caravan during the week in Bristol not seeing my kids or wife - a very lonely existence ... its amazing what you can get used to when you have to  :cool:  Stick with it - things do get better ... I find most things have a reason ... :smiley:

And talking of things getting better and having reasons ... on Tuesday next week I get to go to Falmouth University and see Dawn French hand my 30 year old autistic son a 2:1 Degree certificate ... life gets no better I can tell you ... 10 years ago when we were going through the deepest darkest hours of depair and depression day after day week after week with him we would have openly laughed in your face if you';d said he would get a degree at 30 ... having NO GCSEs and NO A Levels ... yet here we are  :cool: :cool:

My back has never felt better ... prostate ... what prostate   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
David :)
[url="//www.mh434.com"]www.mh434.com[/url]
[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]

guest325

Quote from: Tim2100 on Saturday,September 05, 2015, 22:44:58
Medications suck
Absolutely, most of them only help the symptoms not the cause!
I';m in the process of getting off mine, since coming to terms with my commute and a few other things getting sorted out I feel a different person, with deep relaxation and hypnotherapy i';m on the mend!

Tim2100

Quote from: DarrellW on Saturday,September 05, 2015, 23:55:34
Absolutely, most of them only help the symptoms not the cause!
Very true.  I have been on a trial for a medication that does help treat the genetic defect that is the cause of my cystic fibrosis.  It has done some amazing things and has been life changing.  Unfortunately I will lose the drug at the end of the year after being on it for 2.5 years as the cost is astronomical.

shoei

MS and it';s added problems, mainly fatigue & neuropathic pain is my Nemesis. With the added bonus of all the side effects from the medications.

rob12770

I have Crohn';s  disease, a truly awful disease of the intestines, causes me  a LOT of pain and other issues making it hard to get out and about..i couldn';t get out for about a year and a half, so put on weight and  became diabetic.. bit of a nightmare.  :(

but im a bit better at the moment so get out now and then.

LUCKY WHITE HEATHER !... :cool:
DJI F450
Tarot 250
MCPX
T-rex 450
sports Cub Plane

rob12770

Quote from: davethepitch on Sunday,July 12, 2015, 19:36:32
Severe Anxiety and depression currently taking Venlafaxine (large dose once a day) and Lorazepam (twice a day) still not having much effect although i have just completed a CBT program with my case worker (NHS)
I hear That Dave, Anxiety is a bitch, i developed it due to my other illnesses..  :-/
DJI F450
Tarot 250
MCPX
T-rex 450
sports Cub Plane

davethepitch

Hi Rob

I have worked at the same place for nearly 27 years and I am a mong the longest serving officers but I am having problems going in and facing it.

Dave

Friskle

I got news this week, Surgery in December  ::) 

At last, i lose my Prostate  ~~
Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
DJI 450 frame + Naza M V2 = GPS
ZMR 250
250 Pro - Dys 2300kv motors , Naze32 Acro
300 Folding Frame sporting a Naza Lite + GPS