Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 18, 2024, 07:02:14

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

cc3d - Android - CleanFlight?

Started by ched, Saturday,July 11, 2015, 16:21:29

Previous topic - Next topic

ched

Trying to find a way to tune PID';s in the field well on the beach actually  :smiley: I have bluetooth working but the OpenPilot apps don';t work with current versions on Android apps!

So I was searching for answers. Found out that you can flash CleanFlight to cc3d and then that will talk to the EZ-GUI Ground station app.

So question is has anyone tried CleanFlight on a cc3d and if so any problems, issues or gotchas that I should be aware off? Is it easy to setup?

Thanks for any help.
I try :-)

quadfather

Did you have a look at the TxPID module in OpenPilot?  It allows PID adjustments from your radio.

https://wiki.openpilot.org/display/WIKI/TxPID

Video Tutorial.  It';s a bit dated, but I don';t think the interface has changed much.
OpenPilot TxPID tutorial on Vimeo

Not done it myself, but it sounds like something that could be useful to you.
-rw-rw-rw-  –  The Number of the Beast

ched

Cheers quadfather. I had read the wiki on txpid but not seen the videos so thanks.
The problem is that when in the field you can';t save the PID values unless you connect to the gcs. So while the theory is great in practice it still needs a laptop type device on hand.

I might have to do this or it will take me forever to get the pids setup.

quadfather

Quote from: ched999uk on Saturday,July 11, 2015, 23:42:41
Cheers quadfather. I had read the wiki on txpid but not seen the videos so thanks.
The problem is that when in the field you can';t save the PID values unless you connect to the gcs. So while the theory is great in practice it still needs a laptop type device on hand.

I might have to do this or it will take me forever to get the pids setup.

My understanding is that you only need the GCS to configure TxPID initially.  Here';s a guy adjusting PIDs in the field with three pots.
http://youtu.be/fw7bxYJ7ves

You should be able to do all this in the field once you did the initial setup at home.  Depending on your radio you may not have the option of three pots and/or sliders, so you can only adjust one or two PIDs at a time.  It looks a bit convoluted (due to the sheer amount of trim options available), but perhaps worth investigating.
-rw-rw-rw-  –  The Number of the Beast

ched

Cheers for the vid quadfather. I hadn';t seen that one. It is good at showing the oscillations and the sound of the props (which I have noticed on mine but as a noob didn';t know if that was normal).
The one thing he fails to mention is actually saving the results.
I have watched all 31mins of the OpenPilot vid on Vimeo re txpid and they do was connect to gcs to save settings.
Cheers for the vid. I will post how I get on.

bazzerh

if you were careful with your tx knobs on the way home then when you get in power up your frame and radio, arm and the settings will be what you left the field with, save on GCS and done.

after you';ve got a basic tune that flies you could use the 3 available PID profiles to experiment with. set it up before you go out with a couple of different values and see if the changes are better or worse. obviously you';d only be wanting to change one thing at a time or it';s too baffling figuring out what was good and bad.

I know its probably occurred to you already but a small cheap notebook is great to chuck in your car for tuning. really speeds things along when you';ve got a new build to tune.

another option is the cleanflight firmware, you can set up in flight adjustments for any of the PIDS and change them using switches. i experimented with have 3 PID types selectable with a 3 pos switch, then another 3 pos switch to move them up or down. then using a stick command you can save them to the board. the possibilities are endless as you could use a combo of two switches to give 6 different PID variables to adjust for instance. must say its not as nice as using a slider or knob like in the cc3d txpid function though.
Round By Round Qualifying and Finals For All.

it just makes sense

ched

Cheers bazzerh. I think I need to find a better flying site as I don';t want to take a netbook (thanks for reminding me, I forgot I still have one :) ) on the beach.
After a good ';chat'; with Roland Sausage who has a very very similar quad I have a baseline for PID tuning.

Think you are right that best option is some sort of computer for field use.

Thanks very much for all your help.