Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 05:43:45

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 29
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Hurry up Customs!

Started by dp106, Thursday,February 21, 2013, 13:36:35

Previous topic - Next topic

dp106

How long does it normally take for a parcel to clear Customs? Mines been waiting for three days now and I want to start building my quad! :-(

Ross

Depends where its coming from.  Some countries they take a very close interest in parcels..others..sail through.
IF its ex China or Honkers then do not forget..they have had their New Year festival recently.
Let's be careful out there.
SAFETY is.. NO accident.

dp106

Quote from: Ross on Thursday,February 21, 2013, 13:42:05
Depends where its coming from.  Some countries they take a very close interest in parcels..others..sail through.
IF its ex China or Honkers then do not forget..they have had their New Year festival recently.
It';s come from hobby king but my parcel has got to the UK so it';s not affected by the new year festival. Just been sat at customs for three days. Hmph :-(

Biffa

What you don';t want the tracking information to say is "Awaiting payment" :crossfingers:

The customs depot will no doubt be your nearest Parcel Force Hub, you could give them a ring and enquire to find out what';s going on while waiting for the online info to update.
Steve

eyeflying

Items going through Parcelforce are notoriously slow when clearing Customs.  Typically my stuff takes up to 5 days to clear, then it when it gets to Parcelforce,  they send you a letter telling how much you have to pay and once you';ve paid, you';ll get delivery the next day.

If ever you have the option - chose DHL every time if you want stuff quick. From ordering to delivery usually takes less than a week - but you pay more!

dp106

Ok thanks another 2 days possibly before they';ll even send a letter out then :-(

eyeflying

You may be lucky and they clear your parcel quicker but I';ve found them to be really slow since Christmas and I bet they';ve got a backlog since Chinese New Year - so don';t hold your breath!

I';m keeping my fingers crossed waiting for a big RC Timer order - I';ve paid $227 in DHL delivery fees alone so I';m hoping its going to get a ';speedy service';!!

guest325

We';ve just had a consignment of parts released by customs after a 2 week wait because of "suspected radioactivity" issues - nothing to do with our led';s and drivers but that';s how the cookie crumbles unfortunately!

dp106

Thanks chaps, you really know how to cheer a guy up :-)

dp106

Bum. Status has now gone to awaiting payment so I now have to wait for the letter to come. Nearly there I suppose :-

Ross

If u have a package number...pay by internet...quicker.

Sorry...should have added...sign for number....Anyway, you can always ring ParceLfarce and state name and address and they can look it up in Customs.  Worked for me from the Coventry International Hub. 
Let's be careful out there.
SAFETY is.. NO accident.

dp106

Quote from: Ross on Friday,February 22, 2013, 17:32:42
If u have a package number...pay by internet...quicker.

You need the reference number from the letter they send you, parcel reference doesn';t fit.