Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,March 29, 2024, 06:19:22

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 13
Total: 13

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

DJI Motor Props

Started by Ash, Wednesday,February 20, 2013, 14:08:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

Hi All,

Just a quick and probably silly question. My DJI motors (stock with the F450 kit) have  two flat sides on the shaft, which match the stock props as they also have two flat bits on the inside collar. I just got some props from GiantShark and they are missing the flat pieces. Is there some sort of insert into the prop that will give me these, so they match on the motor shaft? Or am i restricted to DJI props?

Thanks,

Ash

shaktar

Only the DJI props have the and motors have the flat parts so yeh your stuck with them with them motors.
[url="http://www.facebook.com/TMadeImages"]http://www.facebook.com/TMadeImages[/url].

ChrisH

There are a number of props that will fit the DJI motors without the flats. Depends how much you want to spend! The flats add a degree of slipping protection but a lot of flyers seem to be OK without!

Quadcopters.uk have an assortment that will fit, main thing is an 8mm bore. You can ream out smaller bores to 8mm but I have heard of problems if you can';t get this perfect!

I use the Graupners but they are not the cheapest option! The new DJI 1038 props are reasonable in price and seem to be performing well.

Good luck!  :smiley:
Chris
Hubsan X4
DJI F450, Naza, GPS, DX8,
Tarot FY680 Naza, GPS, Hero3 Silver, 5.8 FPV with screen
 :england:

pete-c

Try the new props for DJI 1038 are supposed to be very good. I fitted graupner to mine without the flats and they seem ok.

Regards
Pete
DIY H Quadcopter with mobius camera  DJI F550 hexacopterwith naza V2 and Firefly camera
DIY Tricopter with kk2.1.5 board
DJI 450 with APM 2.8 and Mobius camera

macspite

If you fit Graupners they should be 8mm bore but obviously without flats they are free to move on the shaft. If you put a flat serrated washer under the prop, another on top and tighten an M6 nyloc nut down onto this - not massively tight, just enough for the washers to bite - then you will have secure props without any worry of them coming off in flight

phn

Just a word of warning, I have carbon fibre props (without flats) on my DJI 450.

On one particular flight the Quad just would not respond and crashed ( luckily not too far from the ground). 

At first I didnt know what the issue was but when I changed to plastic props (with flats) no more problem.

So I can only assume the carbon ones were slipping.

Weird thing is, although the plastic ones work well (and honestly the quad seems a bit more stable with them) they are LOUD!  I mean they make a racket as compared to carbon ones!
DJI 450 with Naza V2, GPS, GoPro Silver, 5.8GHz video Downlink, Carbon Fibre Props.
Hubsan X4.

n506

I buy these for my DJI motors. They come at 8", 9" and 10" sizes. I really like the 8" ones. I have really knocked the stuffing out of them here and there and had to have some really hard impacts to break them. They also have the correct flats on the sides to fit without issue.  Luke at SparesRC has always delivered them very quickly to me, and they seem a pretty decent price. The only challenge can be getting a hold of the popular 8" ones... he seems to sell them nearly as quickly as he gets them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221249832451

fruitsalad

dont grow up,just buy bigger toys!!!!

phn

Any idea if the Gemfan ones fit an F450 - on the advert I saw it said for Phantom?

Thanks!
DJI 450 with Naza V2, GPS, GoPro Silver, 5.8GHz video Downlink, Carbon Fibre Props.
Hubsan X4.

fruitsalad

yes they fit dji motors..
must change the listing abit to state that...

corrected to state dji & phantom..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121228508172
dont grow up,just buy bigger toys!!!!

ChrisH

Quote from: phn on Monday,December 02, 2013, 17:24:01
Just a word of warning, I have carbon fibre props (without flats) on my DJI 450.

On one particular flight the Quad just would not respond and crashed ( luckily not too far from the ground). 

At first I didnt know what the issue was but when I changed to plastic props (with flats) no more problem.

So I can only assume the carbon ones were slipping.
Thing is everyone else manages pretty well without the flats including a lot of DJI flyers. If you check tighten props as part of your pre-flight checks you shouldn';t have a problem. M6 nylock and a second locknut TBS makes for a secure mounting! The standard DJI prop nuts do have a habit of undoing and flying off if you are using props without flats, hence the locknuts!  ~~
Chris
Hubsan X4
DJI F450, Naza, GPS, DX8,
Tarot FY680 Naza, GPS, Hero3 Silver, 5.8 FPV with screen
 :england: