Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 01:49:16

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 22
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 22
Total: 22

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Help!!!!!

Started by Plums00, Sunday,June 28, 2015, 15:39:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Plums00

Complete noob looking for help, all advice and suggestions appreciated.  :smiley:

I have a cheap 250 chinese clone with CC3D and a Turnigy i6 TX / iA6 receiver. I can';t get power to the receiver and it';s doing my head in.

Can anyone advise on what colour leads go to what pins on the receiver. I know the receiver is working as I';ve connected power direct to pin 3 and bound the receiver but I don';t seem to get any power through the lead from the CC3D.

HELP lol

ched

I try :-)

Mr Finch

I have just done this with a CC3D and FlySky FS-i6 tx/rx. It is the same as the Turnigy I believe.  I am not at home at the mo but took a couple of photos and made some notes. If you aren';t sorted by the time I get home, I will look and post the details for you.

Digit

Isn';t it the case that it doesn';t matter which way round you plug the pins in as long as the 3 cable pin goes into channel 1?

Mr Finch

No, on the receiver there';s + - and signal. I think the three cable pin is the throttle and I have that plugged into channel 3.

Plums00

Thanks for all your help, I have my receiver plugged up exactly the same as in the pictures on the guide and still no power to the receiver.

I';m starting to think there';s no power either coming from the CC3D or the cable is faulty. Is there anything else it could be?

Mr Finch

Which way round do you have the cable plugged into the receiver? It has a specific orientation.

Can you provide a clear close up photo?

I am sorry I wasn';t able to post late night, didn';t get home until 1 am.

atomiclama

Quote from: Plums00 on Monday,June 29, 2015, 09:23:22 no power either coming from the CC3D or the cable is faulty.

How are you powering the CC3D?
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

Plums00

I don';t have any power direct to the CC3D, every video I';ve watched has only the ESC';s feeding power to the board. Is this not right?

Thanks again for all the help

ched

Probably stupid question but you are not using opto esc are you, as they don';t give out voltage via servo leads.
I assume you don';t have a multi meter? If you do you can check the voltage out of esc and then follow it through the cc3d to the receiver?
Does the cc3d show and lights indicating it has power?

Plums00

I';m assuming they';re not opto ESC';s, but it was one of the cheap chinese clone kits from goodluckbuy and the only label on the ESC';s is 12A. The CC3D powers up,I get the power and status lights coming on.

atomiclama

I';m assuming that the CC3D is powering up, correct?

Are you powering on the bench from USB by any chance. If you are then this is the problem, the USB Power does not go through to the receiver, it only powers the CC3D.

Oh yeah can';t see postimg pictures at work so not sure what you posted before.
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

Plums00

CC3D appears to power up fine and I';m powering via lipo

Mr Finch

The IA6 looks exactly the same as my FS-iA6. I am not certain that the three lead wire on mine is in that order, or in channel 1 where it looks like you have it right now.

In the receiver at the top of the pin set there should be a printed + and - sign above the pins. Is the red one on a + pin? It shouldn';t matter which one. The other thing I found is that if you don';t have all six channels connected (doesn';t matter what is plugged into where) the receiver won';t power up, even when power by a LiPo.

I have made a reminder for myself to look when I get home and will post a couple of pictures.

Coll

Mr Finch

Quote from: Plums00 on Monday,June 29, 2015, 13:46:21
CC3D appears to power up fine and I';m powering via lipo

you';re getting a green steady light and a pulsing blue one?

Have you tried connecting the CC3D to the computer and run through the ESC and motor setup?  Was everything OK?

You can interrupt the process before getting to the receiver/transmitter bit.

Plums00

Yep solid green light and flashing blue on the CC3D, there is a pin guide printed on the receiver and if you';re looking down at the receiver the LH pin is signal, centre is pos and RH neg.

Mr Finch

Hmm. In theory no reason why it shouldn';t power up, as long as you have all six channels connected then. :(

Do you have a multimeter? Can you test the connections on the FC to Rx cable?

Plums00

I don';t have a meter but I';ll go and get one I think. Got to be cheaper and easier than trying to send the thing back to HK lol

quadfather

There have been reports of the cheap Chinese CC3D wires (and boards for that matter) having quality issues.  You can test your RX by plugging it directly into the ESC';s servo wire and it should power up that way.  If it still doesn';t work the RX is duff.  If it does work it';s probably the supplied cable, but could be the CC3D.

Autocorrupt provided by Tapatalk

-rw-rw-rw-  –  The Number of the Beast

Plums00

I';ve already tried that and used that method to power the receiver to bind it to the tx so i know the receiver powers up. I think its looking more and more like its the board or the cable.

Thanks for all the pointers and suggestions though

Mr Finch

I have remembered!

This is the connections that I used for the receiver (FlySky FS-i6 which is I believe the same as the Turing unit), the CC3D connector is in my hand.  Channel one (on the receiver) is at the bottom on the receiver.  All connectors are on CH 1 - 6 and nothing is on the VCC channel above the channel 6 connectors.

If the receiver powers up when directly from the ESC then you have to assume that either the connecting wire is dodgy or the output from the CC3D is dodgy.

Hope this helps!

Coll

quadfather

Quote from: Plums00 on Monday,June 29, 2015, 17:24:04
I';ve already tried that and used that method to power the receiver to bind it to the tx so i know the receiver powers up. I think its looking more and more like its the board or the cable.

Thanks for all the pointers and suggestions though

Now that I';m sitting at a proper screen I can see that you tried that already, indeed.  Apologies.

If you';re in the market for a DMM consider this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/diy/dp/B008U96UQQ

It';s not a precision meter of course, but it will tell you if you have 12V, 5V, continuity (with audio), resistance, etc with reasonable accuracy.  Not a bad little meter for £6.

As with most gadgets there is no upper limit as to what you can pay.
-rw-rw-rw-  –  The Number of the Beast

bazzerh

If its a fault on the cc3d 5v and ground out you could try removing the red and black from one of the ecs servo plugs and putting those directly on to the receiver, if they';ll stretch of course.

I had a cc3d atom recently with a dead motor output pin on it. There';s little to none QC on these clones I';d imagine
Round By Round Qualifying and Finals For All.

it just makes sense

ched

I think a multimeter would be a good idea as it might come in handy in future after crashes  ::)
If you can wait then this is basic and cheap at £2.49 delivered!!! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Professional-LCD-Digital-Multimeter-VoltMeter-Ammeter-AC-DC-OHM-Tester-Checker-/330919946996?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4d0c5daaf4
It might not be that accurate but it should be OK for general low voltage stuff.
Alternatively if you have a Maplins close their multimeters start at £10.

Good Luck.

Plums00

Well I';ve tried plugging it up the same as yours Mr Finch and still nothing. I';ll go pick up a meter tomorrow hopefully but I think I';ll just bite the bullet and order a new FC.

Thanks for all your help guys

Plums00

Well after being ready to launch the thing across the room without the use of any power, props or mechanical aid just a good old fashioned size 14 boot it turns out the cable from the CC3D to the rx was the problem.

Big thanks to everyone who offered help and suggestions and big thanks to Phil and makeitbuildit for getting a shiny new CC3D on to my doorstep within a couple of days of ordering.

Mr Finch

Glad you';re sorted, have you maidened it yet?

Plums00

Quote from: Mr Finch on Friday,July 03, 2015, 08:18:34
Glad you';re sorted, have you maidened it yet?

Not yet just getting the thing set up now. Typical though I get it sorted just as i';m due to start a set of weekend nights lol