Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 18:04:22

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 16
Total: 16

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Early days FPV - TBS

Started by Jumpy07, Sunday,February 17, 2013, 21:45:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumpy07

Kinda boring video...    This was my first FPV flight of the new TBS Discovery..    I am still learning to FPV..  had been flying FPV on a flat field to date learning to fly transitioning from LOS. 

Decided to try somewhere a bit more challenging.. flying up a steep hill FPV takes a bit of getting used to.... overall just building my confidence up

Naza has a wobble on fast descent.. that you can see.. and some wobble.. evident..  hadn';t balanced props..  I know.. naughty boy lol

Quite a bit of jellow.. but some nice views over Loch Lomond.

Watch out for the tree..    other problem I had was Flight View cam was out of focus as I changed the lens.. and forgot to take a screwdriver to adjust it ..argh..

Was my first FPV landing.. as normally flip the goggles off before I land..

Learning FPV
BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

HighSpy

It looks like you';ve got it running sweet and looked like a good flight...
What camera have you got on the Discovery....

Jumpy07

Quote from: HighSpy on Sunday,February 17, 2013, 22:28:53
It looks like you';ve got it running sweet and looked like a good flight...
What camera have you got on the Discovery....

Didnt think it was that great.. its not that stable yet... compared to my other frame with APM..   
Camera is GoPro 3 Black.. it was in the protective housing so need to think about better isolation for it... as a lot of jellow.
Best Regards

Craig

HighSpy

Ive just found your build thread...Do you use the wdr 700 much....

Gaza07

[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

mickyt

You did well Craig i was a little nervous when i did my first flight but after a few it all starts to come together, I guess the big thing is having some faith in the equipment  you built and are using so its just time to take the bull by the horns and go for it mate trust in yourself your ability and your gear ~~.
If someone throw's a stone at you throw a flower at them just remember to throw the pot with it.

Rappy Freak

The first few flights are always the most nervous ones.  Soon you flying round like a pro  ~~
SkyNet shall rise!!!!!!

teslahed

I';ve just started learning to FPV as well - flying slowly around obstacles like that is much harder than flying fast around an empty field. Getting the thing to hover on the spot is particularly difficult - were you using position hold at all in those videos?
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

Jumpy07

Cheers Chris.. yes very different from flat field..  still have any issue with depth of field...  which is non existant lol  .. also flying up hill FPV is harder than you think..
No Position Hold as such  on Naza.. you just take ur hands off the sticks and it sits there..

teslahed

Quote from: Jumpy07 on Monday,February 18, 2013, 20:33:19 No Position Hold as such  on Naza.. you just take ur hands off the sticks and it sits there..

I don';t think my multiwii FPV quadcopter would manage that - it starts drifting sideways when you think you are in a stationary hover if you aren';t careful.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.