Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 20, 2024, 04:30:26

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 22
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 15
Total: 15

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Setting up the NAZA with GPS on a Spektrum DX7

Started by XH558, Wednesday,February 13, 2013, 19:36:28

Previous topic - Next topic

XH558

So ..from my other thread here is the magic solution which may help someone somewhere sometime   :cool:

With grateful thanks to 2 chaps in Canada who were put on to me by another forum this is what you do.

1 - Press the scroll down and select buttons together and turn on the radio.
2 - Select the model you want and scroll to the data reset and push clear.
3 - Scroll to Type Select and select Heli.
4 - Scroll to to Swash type and select 1 Servo.
5 - Turn off the radio and then turn it back on.
6 - Push Scroll up and clear together to enter the menu.
7 - Scroll to PI Curve Nor and press Scroll Down and Select to enter the menu.
8 - The pitch curve has 5 points. Push Select to go to each point and use the Adjust button to set them at 10% [This is Acro (Manual]
9 - Push the Scroll UP button. It should now say ST-1. Set the 5 points to 52% {This is ATTI]
10 - Push the Scroll Up button again. It should now say ST-2. Set the 5 points to 95%. [This is GPS]
11 - Push the Scroll Up button and it should now say Hold.  Set the 5 points to 29%   [This is Failsafe]
12 - Push Scroll Up & clear to go back to the menu and go to THRO HOLD. Set this to 40% [This is just to be sure the Throttle doesn't go to zero.]

Channel 6 [AUX1] on the RX should be connected to U on the Naza.

On the 3 position mode switch ....
Down will be MANUAL (ACRO)
Center will be ATTI
Top will GPS.

The switch on the right top will activate Failsafe (RTH - Return to home) regardless of where the mode switch is.

It works a treat .....

One more thing to add....and something I';ve learned by bitter experience ...once Failsafe is activated....to get out of this...and get full control of the quad back...Take Failsafe off...and put the quad back into ATTI mode. You now have control again.

Hope this helps someone ... it certainly sorted my problems out in one email from across the pond.
:beer2:

PS I need to add that - although I have posted this with regard to DX7 - it will work for any radio that has normal and 2 stunt modes in the Heli program :)
David :)
[url="//www.mh434.com"]www.mh434.com[/url]
[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]

XH558

Could someone consider making this a ';sticky'; - I';d hate for it to be lost as I think it';s a real life saver for those needing this sort of set up info.
[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]

Jedmeston

Hi sorry to bother you I';m trying to do the same thing (I think) I have a f550 that I';m setting up with naza m v2/gps and I have an original dx7 with AR6115e rx
I just had a couple of questions, you mention the fail safe RTH switch in the top right, there are three on my dx7 (4 including the corner switch: hold, rudder d/r) the hover throttle, aux2, and aileron d/r switches. Which one is RTH?
I have aux1 from the rx to the U of the naza. So the gear pins on the ex are unused.
Thanks,
John
:beer2:

mikim

Hi,
I discovered that it is possible to choose which switch you want to use by entering the mix section in the menu, then add the switch you want to the same function as the three mode (in my case GEAR/GEAR) then tweak the %';s to match in the naza GUI so when fail is on it falls on fail safe regardless of the mode you have selected (GPS/Atti/man).
Not really sure if this is the simplest method but I too am new to this so it is the way I have managed so far.
Oh, and XH558... I too didn';t realise you need to exit GPS to regain control on my first RTH fail safe test... Quad came in too hot, fortunately didn';t damage anything!

Mikim
Quad: All black DJI 550 - E300 - NazaV2 GPS - DJI H4-3D - Gopro 4 - Spektrum Ar8000 - DX8- Fatsharks - 7" Black Pearl monitor - ImmersionRC video tx/rx and TBS-OSD + Gav's antennas :-)

seacaptainchris

:banghead:please tell me this works for the dx7s i cant for the life get this thing setup for my naza m v2 and it is driving me crasie.lol ive been working on it for 3 days straight and i  aint new at it .i was fixing to throw the radio overoard to cool it off.i need help. :o i bought 2 radios this week a new 6 and a 7s the 6 wouldnt bind to any thing not any of the 40 recievers in the sto.so i sent it back to ill.factory for a fix and bought the 7s now im havin a time setting it up.

seacaptainchris

does anyone know if the devo 12 works well for quads?????im giving up on spectrum. ive had the tactic ttx650 and it has been a great easy to program radio and i just thought i wanted spectrum well i got 2 and im getting somthing else .if theres 1 thing ive learned naza does not like a spectrum. :blink

fruitsalad

pm me your email address..
ill send you a file for dx7s naza..
dont grow up,just buy bigger toys!!!!

mrmurder1975

Quote from: seacaptainchris on Tuesday,July 01, 2014, 04:53:03
does anyone know if the devo 12 works well for quads?????im giving up on spectrum. ive had the tactic ttx650 and it has been a great easy to program radio and i just thought i wanted spectrum well i got 2 and im getting somthing else .if theres 1 thing ive learned naza does not like a spectrum. :blink

I (when i had a naza) used it with a dx7s. works absolutely fine mate. There are set up videos on the tube for it. Or the easier option, take FS up on his offer and get him to send you the file, stick it on your SD card, and load it into your tx, job';s a good ';un!
How high can it go?    High!
How far can it go?      Far!
How fast can it go?     Fast!
Can i have a go?        NO!!

michaeljohng

Quote from: fruitsalad on Tuesday,July 01, 2014, 14:08:53
pm me your email address..
ill send you a file for dx7s naza..

Hi fruit salad,

sorry to be a burden, would it also be possible to get a copy of your config for the naza lite on a dx7s

id be mega appreciative!

fruitsalad

drop a pm with your email.
will send you  a copy in ya mail box..

demma

Hi All
       Could someone please send me a copy of this file, i have the DX7S but i can';t find ST 1 or ST-2 in the menu, im very new to all this.
                                         Cheers
                                            Des  desheardmbe@hotmail.co.uk

flybywire

Quote from: seacaptainchris on Tuesday,July 01, 2014, 04:53:03

Chris, not sure what';s going on with your setup, but i';ve been using naza v2 and spektrum dx8/6 for years, and have had no issues.
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

mattj64

HI

Any chance you could send me the file for the DX7s / Naza GPS.

many thanks

Mattj64

XH558

Just as a follow up to my original post it seems that set up on a DX7S is a totally different proposition as it has the facility to add files from an SD card which the DX7 doesn';t ... and the menus appear to be different ...

BUT - it seems there is this ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-1kEl8NWMc

Which has a link to what appears to be the relevant file in its note section ... http://www.mediafire.com/download/n1ifx8b9hfcx9rc/02DJIF55.SPM

Hope that helps  :smiley:

Rustydiver

Quote from: flybywire on Sunday,November 16, 2014, 10:31:22
Chris, not sure what';s going on with your setup, but i';ve been using naza v2 and spektrum dx8/6 for years, and have had no issues.

Mr Flybywire after Christmas I';ll be looking for pointers to set up my vaza v2  on my dx6. When I built my f550.

flybywire

Quote from: Rustydiver on Wednesday,December 17, 2014, 21:02:48
Mr Flybywire after Christmas I';ll be looking for pointers to set up my vaza v2  on my dx6. When I built my f550.

No worries, be in the air before you can say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

Yo  :crossfingers:

Nah, it';s a doddle
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
Keep it emax, capiche?

fluffyhead69

Hi all
I am new to the forum so my apologies for resurrecting an old post. I followed this setup to the letter only i am still not able to switch between manual - gps and atti.

when flicking the switch on naza it shows no change and just stays in atti mode.

any ideas?

f550, dx7, naza m lite.

thanks

flybywire

Quote from: fluffyhead69 on Thursday,May 21, 2015, 10:23:19
Hi all
I am new to the forum so my apologies for resurrecting an old post. I followed this setup to the letter only i am still not able to switch between manual - gps and atti.

when flicking the switch on naza it shows no change and just stays in atti mode.

any ideas?

f550, dx7, naza m lite.

thanks

Do the switches do what you expect in the Tx stick monitor/calibration tab?  Is the GPS puck connected properly?
Keep it emax, capiche?

fluffyhead69

Yeah the GPS puck is all connected and working fine (as far as I know) but on the Naza screen when I flick the switch between different modes on the radio it makes no difference and stays in atti

flybywire

Quote from: fluffyhead69 on Friday,May 22, 2015, 11:42:28
Yeah the GPS puck is all connected and working fine (as far as I know) but on the Naza screen when I flick the switch between different modes on the radio it makes no difference and stays in atti

Obvious question, but you have set up the endpoints for the 3 pos switch? 
Keep it emax, capiche?

Friskle

As above, the switch wont do anything on the assistant, unless you have altered the switches end points first.
Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
DJI 450 frame + Naza M V2 = GPS
ZMR 250
250 Pro - Dys 2300kv motors , Naze32 Acro
300 Folding Frame sporting a Naza Lite + GPS

fluffyhead69

flybywire

Quote from: fluffyhead69 on Friday,May 22, 2015, 12:30:25
Is there a guide on how to do that?

About 500 last time I looked!

Seriously, it';s easy on a 7, just go into the endpoint setup, select the switch of your choice (depending on how you';ve hooked up your NAza channels), then select each position, and scroll until the indicator highlights the correct position in assistant.
I have it set two ways on different craft: switch up= RTH middle= Atti down= GPS atti.  Then on my taranis I have: up=manual middle=atti down=GPS.  Then I have a ';mix'; set up for RTH on a two pos switch.  Again, plenty of vids out there to show you how, but my favourite is Dennis Baldwin.
Keep it emax, capiche?

fluffyhead69

I can';t figure this out :( looked for videos, Google and have no idea how to set up this 3 position switch for GPS manual and atti and set up failsafe. I give up.

fruitsalad

Friskle

Quote from: fluffyhead69 on Thursday,May 28, 2015, 21:53:10
I can';t figure this out :( looked for videos, Google and have no idea how to set up this 3 position switch for GPS manual and atti and set up failsafe. I give up.

You need to alter the switch end points, eg, i start off with the switch in the middle, so, you alter the switch end points up or down until the Blue bar is on the mode you want, repeat this for each switch position.
Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
ZMR 250

fluffyhead69

I ended up taking it to a local shop that set it all up with the failsafe etc and all working great now.

Thanks anyway!

Friskle

Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
ZMR 250