Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 23:05:42

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 26
Total: 26

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

What did the postman bring today?

Started by PaulJC, Wednesday,May 27, 2015, 16:08:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Raven

Quote from: Reman on Monday,December 31, 2018, 14:25:39
.. And another parcel containing the 3x 2S 450mAh batteries from BangGood that I'd assumed had been lost in the post because the tracking on them had stopped over 20 days back while still in Hong Kong......  What would you have thought?

Honestly?  I'd have known from many previous times that LiPo take ages and ages and aaaaggggggeeeeessss to come from Banggood, far longer than other stuff from them, as do (weirdly) micro SD cards.  Their tracking is not worth anything, proven so many times to be rubbish that I totally ignore it.

You might form the opinion that they wait till they have a BIG sack of stuff, then bury the LiPo in the bottom so as to evade anyone noticing. I could not possibly comment.

hoverfly

Six adjustable voltage regulators ,  Amazon really went O.T.T.
on the packaging.....

Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Reman

Today I received the Balance plug crimp set I've wanting for ages (And no one thought to get me for Christmas..... It's like my friends don't even know me !!!!  :angry:) and a cheap little Eachine 6x 1S "Tiny whoop" battery charger.

The crimper seems pretty good, And it comes with a shed load of the plugs, Sockets and pins, So it should keep me going for a while. The charger on the other hand is slightly concerning. I plugged it into a 12V supply and the display was scrolling through the channels saying stuff like "CH1 4.19V, CH2 3.80v, CH3 3.96v......". That would have been OK, Except I hadn't connected any batteries to it at that point !?!?!

With cells plugged in it seems to be reading roughly the storage charge they should have in them, But it's a bit strange it seems to be making info up if there's no cells attached.  :hmm:
I need a pay rise........ Though I'd settle for a reduction in the amount of hours I need to work to get the same money.

Bad Raven

Quote from: Reman on Tuesday,January 08, 2019, 23:10:07
The charger on the other hand is slightly concerning. I plugged it into a 12V supply and the display was scrolling through the channels saying stuff like "CH1 4.19V, CH2 3.80v, CH3 3.96v......". That would have been OK, Except I hadn't connected any batteries to it at that point !?!?!

With cells plugged in it seems to be reading roughly the storage charge they should have in them, But it's a bit strange it seems to be making info up if there's no cells attached.  :hmm:

Yes, they do that, it holds the last result or just comes up random, corrects as soon as a battery on that port.

If we are talking the unit that has switches to go between 4.35v and 4.20v take very careful note of the differing flash rates for each type.  I also used liquid paper on the switches to show their state better.

AND.................. try this.  With power on, insert 6x4.20 std batteries needing charge and charge, then measure their voltage.  Then on same batteries and a second time on another 6 more with power OFF connect the batteries, and THEN connect the power. Then measure the results.

You may find the results interesting (and useful).

I started out using a 4S LiPo supply but there is no cut off for under voltage check/warning/shutdown on supply XT60 input, so am now using a PSU from the "Black Pearl" screen which pairs with it really well.

Bad Raven

hoverfly

A new jumper supposedly, all i got was a T/X,NO ARM HOLES... :banghead:
Review to follow.. :smiley: Not a valid attachment ID.
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...

ched

Quote from: hoverfly on Friday,June 07, 2019, 13:31:12 A new jumper supposedly, all i got was a T/X,NO ARM HOLES... :banghead:
Review to follow.. :smiley: Not a valid attachment ID.
I would be interested to read your review. What tx are you used to?
I try :-)

hoverfly

Using  FrSky Taranis X9D , and a Spektrum tx9. The Jumper will be used for sailplanes with lots of extras and might get a long range conversion.   :hmm:

hoverfly

Well such a disappointment, ok i wasn't expecting a Horus build quality but it's running OpenT/X  and early reviews have been mostly positive. Firstly it's a mk1 with standard gimbals I was expecting the hall effect ones, but the main reason it's going back is the interface is so ott, and the instructions are not comprehensible..and illustration in chinese.. Brucey has one that has gone rogue and reboots and throws spurious screens up, the card reader also failed..
Going to have to save up for a Horus.. :rolleyes: 

ched

Quote from: hoverfly on Friday,June 07, 2019, 19:09:34 Well such a disappointment, ok i wasn't expecting a Horus build quality but it's running OpenT/X  and early reviews have been mostly positive. Firstly it's a mk1 with standard gimbals I was expecting the hall effect ones, but the main reason it's going back is the interface is so ott, and the instructions are not comprehensible..and illustration in chinese.. Brucey has one that has gone rogue and reboots and throws spurious screens up, the card reader also failed..
Going to have to save up for a Horus.. :rolleyes: 
That doesn't sound good. I assumed that the Jumper version of OpenTX would be almost identical to standard OpenTX with just a couple of tweeks to make it compatible. Not that I have used OpenTX at all.
Pity really as I quite fancy the Jumper T12.

apollo7

Not a lot in the post lately other than bills, but stuff on its way, the Skylark f3a 950 plane kit is nearly here after doing its "round the world in 80 days" got another Batwing 680 kit on order to put a certain F411 inav board in (thanks again John) a new 50amp optio esc heading my way to go in the inav AR900, this will give room to run a pair of 2200mah 3s lipo`s
Volantex Ranger 1600/2000, Ranger 1200 G2, Phoenix S 1600 AR900 Miniskyhunter, ZOHD Dart 635 and a few 680 batwings plus old faithful C1 chaser and a lot of eagletree guardians

Bad Raven

Quote from: hoverfly on Friday,June 07, 2019, 19:09:34 Well such a disappointment  -:- it's running OpenT/X -:- and the interface is so ott, and the instructions are not comprehensible..and illustration in chinese..

I have clipped your post to highlight your issue, hope that still makes your intent correct, but if so I am struggling to get my head around this!

OpenTX is a std OS across all makes AFAIK?  I use OTX on a Horus X12S and a Taranis (Early batch two in UK and never upgraded so "FAA"). Yes, the TX hardware, buttons, etc are completely different but the base OS is the same. A lot of the screens can initially be ignored, it is quite practical to program in simple models using maybe three screens, and the rest will come in time as you realise just how flexible OTX is.

How much use of OTX have you had before the Jumper?

I would have expected that the std OTX documentation from the OpenTX project website(s) like the OTX University, etc, would be the source for you, and that you would only have to familiarise with which button did what, not too arduous.  Tx sellers do not put a load of OS data/information into manual as they (rightly!) leave it to the OS generator, and anyway the OS is subject to constant development that makes their manual obsolete quickly if they do.

My only experience of Jumper is over watching someone I fly with regularly who has the first TX, the "mini Futaba alike", and that looked no more difficult than familiarising with any Tx make.

Tell us more succinctly what your problem with the OS and Jumper GUI interface is? I suggest you start a thread off elsewhere to avoid dilution here by other matters. I feel you are in danger of the shock of the new adversely affecting your future!

(I came to Frsky from many years on Futaba, and still operate Futaba in several forms, Spektrum in several forms, FlySky, and a host of dedicated to model types, so maybe more used to cross TX GUI than most, I even operate two X12S on differing OS, one with the most comprehensive multi-module).

hoverfly

B.R. err what.. :shrug:  I have been using OTX  for around 2 years now and love  it, I still use the Spektrum  occasionally as i haven't migrated some models over as i'm trying to keep IC and electric separate.
The Jumper  GUI in MY opinion is crap, i don't like it so wont be using it. The sliders have no detente on them and are in a poor position.
With regard to--
" I feel you are in danger of the shock of the new adversely affecting your future! "
I have no problem with the new, i got my head around the Taranis  in a few days.
I need to have confidence in the kit i use and the Jumper doesn't hit the spot.
If you like the Jumper so much please feel free to purchase one. :laugh:

atomiclama

I know people will quickly post negative comments but there seam to be lots of problems with this TX, on the Jumper FB group there are lots of posts about broken wheel, screen, sliders, the TX not booting up or shutting down after a few minutes :o

Personally I wouldn't touch it until things have settled down and the problems have been fixed.

But then I'm still running a no frills beat up old FlySky   :D
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

apollo7

Quote from: atomiclama on Saturday,June 08, 2019, 11:04:59 I know people will quickly post negative comments but there seam to be lots of problems with this TX, on the Jumper FB group there are lots of posts about broken wheel, screen, sliders, the TX not booting up or shutting down after a few minutes :o

Personally I wouldn't touch it until things have settled down and the problems have been fixed.

But then I'm still running a no frills beat up old FlySky   :D

Nothing at all wrong with flysky....i have 3 ai6 TX`s, one set up for ibus other 2 are on old school, love them such a good radio for the humble price and easy to work with, never have to update any thing just fly
Volantex Ranger 1600/2000, Ranger 1200 G2, Phoenix S 1600 AR900 Miniskyhunter, ZOHD Dart 635 and a few 680 batwings plus old faithful C1 chaser and a lot of eagletree guardians

Bad Raven

Quote from: hoverfly on Saturday,June 08, 2019, 10:59:05 The Jumper  GUI in MY opinion is crap, i don't like it so wont be using it. The sliders have no detente on them and are in a poor position.

OK, this is a genuine question, what don't you like about the GUI?

With regard the lack of finesse in documentation, maybe "Jumper" did not have the resource or funding to hold issue back for such extensive user testing, especially given its price point, there is an unfortunate trend to issue and be damned, led by marketing need for cash flow.

When Spektrum launched the first DSM (yes, DSM, hence later DSM2) it didn't last long for good reason, but launched it was. Then the change to frequency hopping after years of denial it was needed.

Quote from: hoverfly on Saturday,June 08, 2019, 10:59:05 If you like the Jumper so much please feel free to purchase one. :laugh:

How did we get to sarcasm? At no point did I say I liked or try to promote the Jumper, I explained that my only experience was the mini-Futaba lookalike first design, and that only by observation of a flying buddy.

It would help others if you explained a little more why you are so upset by it that its going back, it must go further than bad reports elsewhere, presumably at least some if not many being available prior to your purchase, so that GUI must be truly awful.  But how?

Incidentally, the first design issued of rear "rotary sliders" on the Taranis were so bad FrSky had to change them!

The Horus X12S gained hugely from a major 6 month plus long worldwide selected user Beta program, which resulted in a very different end result than otherwise, and that was not FrSky's first Tx either.

hoverfly

Bad Raven

Quote from: apollo7 on Saturday,June 08, 2019, 13:31:03 Nothing at all wrong with flysky....i have 3 ai6 TX`s, one set up for ibus other 2 are on old school, love them such a good radio for the humble price and easy to work with, never have to update any thing just fly

I totally agree, I gained one by being sent a FS-i6 and telemetry Rx when I actually ordered a FrSky Rx!  Still have it, still used regularly. No issues so far and that is several years several times a week use, lots of hard use with also schoolboys using it. And it is still used despite owning several "better" on paper much more capable Tx before and since.

hoverfly

Another mouth to feed... :D I might put a Vector F/C  in it just to see how it performs, stacks of room in the fuse. Nose surgery tomorrow.    Can't fit the winglets yet as the holes are full of epoxy..
It's going to be a trolley launch unless i slope it...

apollo7

sorry no pics yet but the skylark f3a arrived, and shock horror zero damage, and err, umm how do i put this.....i think i am going to love it, motor mount is so over engineered from sheet steel, foam hinges are glue reinforced, it looks great, and plenty of room for a 2200 or even 2700mah 3s and eagle tree guardian, to say im pleased with it is a proper understatement

hoverfly

Nice, lots of vids of it and it's very agile, going to be "fun" :laugh:

atomiclama

Bump
Found it, this is what I was thinking of. Sort of what's in the box.

Now where is my latest box gone  :hmm:
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

ched

Wow I had forgotten this thread. Used to be interesting to see what people were buying..

atomiclama

Quote from: ched on Thursday,May 28, 2020, 12:34:40 Used to be interesting to see what people were buying..

Yep that's what I'm thinking.
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

LuMan

Well, not so much what the postman brought, but Lidl have got the 8 quid chuck gliders in from today. I just picked 2 up..er... for the kids??  :laugh:
Potensic F181DH  -  Ghost 250 (blue)  -  Cheerson CX-10/A  -  Syma X11C  -  FQ777-FQ17W  -  Eachine E57  -  BetaFPV 65S  -  Robocat 280 (in build)  -  Ghost 250 LED (in build) - And lots of broken stuff!

garbfink

Not today but these have arrived over the last 3 days.

badger1

badger1

LuMan

Well, I wasn't expecting this until Sunday..

I wonder if the missus will let me build it tomorrow...  ;)
Potensic F181DH  -  Ghost 250 (blue)  -  Cheerson CX-10/A  -  Syma X11C  -  FQ777-FQ17W  -  Eachine E57  -  BetaFPV 65S  -  Robocat 280 (in build)  -  Ghost 250 LED (in build) - And lots of broken stuff!

ched

Quote from: LuMan on Friday,May 29, 2020, 21:18:26 Well, I wasn't expecting this until Sunday..

I wonder if the missus will let me build it tomorrow...  ;)
TOMORROW????? What's wrong with now?  :laugh:  :laugh: