Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,March 29, 2024, 14:14:10

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 31
Total: 31

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

What did the postman bring today?

Started by PaulJC, Wednesday,May 27, 2015, 16:08:51

Previous topic - Next topic

shawdreamer

a sh*tload of addressable Led's (strips and singles) and a bag of Arduino Nano's......

the missus wanted some better Xmas lights this year..... she so shudda kept her mush shut.

The trees gonna have multiple programmed strips, the windows are gonna be framed in various sparkling coloured lights and even the dogs now got a Rainbow chasing Led collar now ::)
550 custom H-copter (redesigned)
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie
[url="https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs"]https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs[/url]

ched

Quote from: shawdreamer on Thursday,December 06, 2018, 23:43:33
a sh*tload of addressable Led's (strips and singles) and a bag of Arduino Nano's......

the missus wanted some better Xmas lights this year..... she so shudda kept her mush shut.

The trees gonna have multiple programmed strips, the windows are gonna be framed in various sparkling coloured lights and even the dogs now got a Rainbow chasing Led collar now ::)

Now that is something I fancy having a play with. I think we need some photos or a little video clip. :smiley:
I try :-)

Bad Raven

Quote from: ched999uk on Thursday,December 06, 2018, 23:52:29
Now that is something I fancy having a play with. I think we need some photos or a little video clip. :smiley:

Or even a full on build thread!  ;)

ched

Quote from: Bad Raven on Friday,December 07, 2018, 09:36:49
Or even a full on build thread!  ;)
That's even better as I have yet to delve in to the world of Arduino.

atomiclama

Quote from: ched999uk on Friday,December 07, 2018, 14:09:53
That's even better as I have yet to delve in to the world of Arduino.

You dirty boy  :o
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

shawdreamer

Build?... Its literally three wires and a bit of coding and your done setting the lights, wouldn't be worth a thread, honestly, its just not that hard to do.... Infact a quad build is probably more demanding.
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie
[url="https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs"]https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs[/url]

ched

Quote from: shawdreamer on Friday,December 07, 2018, 18:41:37
Build?... Its literally three wires and a bit of coding and your done setting the lights, wouldn't be worth a thread, honestly, its just not that hard to do.... Infact a quad build is probably more demanding.
You make it sound so easy  :smiley: How many LEDs can 1 Arduino run? Thinking it would be good to have them under the eves of our bungalow and them shine on the white exterior of bungalow. Probably need 40m worth of strip and one heck of a 5V psu!

I assume there is some sort of program to transfer code to the Arduino and some LED controlling libraries?

shawdreamer

a single arduino nano V3 will run upto 300Leds at a push (thats if your supplying the 5v power through the nano aswell as the data), thats 2 strips of 150 or 1 strip of 300 (both types are 5m long)... Im running 2x 150's off one nano right now and its not even struggling or heating up so Im confident it'll keep up.

If you wanna run 40m you'll have to give it additional 5v feeds every 10m but aslong as your only using the nano to supply the data feed then it'll be fine controlling the whole run by itself.

the Arduino program does all the flashing, there's no additional software required and given how many people have worked on the addressable leds you'll probably find that any sequence you could possibly want has already been coded and all you'll have to do is flash it straigh to the nano and your done.

https://youtu.be/p76WQ7eYcac

The rainbow chasing reel is running of a old 2560 board that fried its volt regulator an age ago (works fine still if you only use a 5v feed)

the dog collar with cyan colour and strobe sparkles is running off one of the nano's (both this and the rainbow reel are powered by ONLY one 18650 and will rainbow will go for upto 2hrs while the collar will last nearly all day.

the other two golden chasing reels are going on the tree and are running off one single nano and powered by a 5v rail on a spare PC PSu I had knocking about but I intend to change that for a simple 5v 2amp phone charger Ive got on order

ps....if I make it sound easy, its cos..... its easy....

I aint no Arduino genius, I get a headache just thinking about "coding" and as I have a fecked up thyroid that sometimes makes my hands shake like a smackrat gasping for a fix my soldering skills can often be patchy at best :shrug:
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie

Reman

Today the Yodel postie brought a very expensive 20x20mm F4 FC. The FC was actually only 15 notes posted, But Yodel put "Possible delay, incomplete address" on the tracking status and insisted I contact them. I scoured their website for an email address, but found none, So I called the number and was on hold for just over 25 minutes before I gave up. That call turned out to be costing me 56p a minute!!! So that was over £14 to listen to some sh*ty short loop of classical music that was occasionally being interrupted by a recording of a scottish woman's voice telling me that the info I want can probabbly be found on the website (If the website was worth a sh*t I wouldn't have been wasting my time on the phone would I !!!) !!!!

I eventually got hold of some rude tit on the webchat thing after being in a cue for 1:30 hours and gave them the tracking number and my address, After which they promptly terminated the chat without telling me that they'd update the info or even saying "Good bye".

The parcel turned up bright and early today though....... I'd post a picture of the mangled/unreadable label, But unfortunately it would give everyone here a perfectly legible unrestricted view of my full address, Full name, And full bloody phone number !!!!

From this experience (And from reading about Yodel online), I can now understand why they don't seem to publish an email address or a direct phone number anywhere. If they did they would just be wasting time trying to find any customer queries amongst hundreds of messages containing death threats and random strings of obscenities.

I wish BangGood gave us a choice of carriers rather than just a choice of tracked by air, Untracked by air, Sort of tracked by sea, Or ridiculously expensive yet unspecified "Expedited shipping".
I need a pay rise........ Though I'd settle for a reduction in the amount of hours I need to work to get the same money.

Bad Raven

There are two UK sellers that I now specify NOT via Yodel. (They use Yodel and R Mail)

I'm greatly surprised that our local Mr Yodel is able to stand unassisted and without instruction.

The final straw some time ago now was when he lobbed a package clearly and largely labelled "FRAGILE - DO NOT DROP" on both faces over a two metre high fence and several metres down the concrete path!!!

I got some small LiPO today of a type that have been OOS everywhere for months, one of the smaller Hong Kong sellers. Takes a while but good comms and well packed.

apollo7

Quote from: Bad Raven on Saturday,December 22, 2018, 18:07:42
There are two UK sellers that I now specify NOT via Yodel. (They use Yodel and R Mail)

I'm greatly surprised that our local Mr Yodel is able to stand unassisted and without instruction.

The final straw some time ago now was when he lobbed a package clearly and largely labelled "FRAGILE - DO NOT DROP" on both faces over a two metre high fence and several metres down the concrete path!!!

I got some small LiPO today of a type that have been OOS everywhere for months, one of the smaller Hong Kong sellers. Takes a while but good comms and well packed.

Same here, if a company spec Yodel i wont buy, they are a laughing stock, seems for each parcel they correctly deliver there are lots that never turn up or damaged and there web help is a joke.......just not a funny one
Volantex Ranger 1600/2000, Ranger 1200 G2, Phoenix S 1600 AR900 Miniskyhunter, ZOHD Dart 635 and a few 680 batwings plus old faithful C1 chaser and a lot of eagletree guardians

trebor

ched

Quote from: trebor on Saturday,December 22, 2018, 18:38:16
Mobula 7 turned up yesterday  ::) :bounce:
Mine turned up today. Ordered 2nd Nov dispatched 14th dec arrived today via Yodl!!!!
Mine has 4x300mAh HV lipos not the 250mAh ones advertised. Fine by me  ::)

I was only allowed to check there were batteries there (as there might have been time to get them from Amazon). It was then wrapped and put under the Christmas tree next to my Ender 3 printer that was the replacement Christmas present as my partner thought I wouldn't have anything to do on Christmas day if the Mobula7 didn't arrive.  So she thought I should have a 3D printer  ::) ::) ::) ::) I am very happy, but she is worried I wont have time now to cook Christmas dinner  :whistling:

Have you been allowed to play with your mobula7?  :laugh:

Bad Raven

Quote from: ched999uk on Saturday,December 22, 2018, 19:10:17

There's no need for that sort of smut.............  ::) ::)

I went the other route and got the 3" Babyhawk Race, but be interested in how you pair get on.

trebor

Quote from: ched999uk on Saturday,December 22, 2018, 19:10:17

Yes mine has been airborne indoors with both 1s and 2s lipos, no problems but I dont think the frame will last so I have a V2 frame on order just in case. The other half said to me " Is that another new one so I told her it was a re vamped one"  :shrug: :blink My lips are sealed  :help:

trebor

Just in case the Mob 7 takes a dive this Xmas  ;)

payne

a pass the parcel all the way from Gatwick
it contained a DJI transmitter with a note to pass it on in two days time
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
if it goes skyward I'll try not to crash it

Bad Raven

If you heard what you thought might be a sonic bang just now, rest easy, is was just the post Christmas glut of travel brochures breaking my door mat.

Last post before Christmas included a pack of four LiPo from Banggood. They seem to have re-found a route into the UK, this time via Belgium.  Maybe its being assisted by the Eurocrats trying to fire-bomb our postal system.

Unfortunately, one 2S pack out of four was faulty, one cell dead, but Banggood have today refunded that cost inc. that proportion of the postage.  ~~

ched

Quote from: Bad Raven on Thursday,December 27, 2018, 12:03:49

Last post before Christmas included a pack of four LiPo from Banggood. They seem to have re-found a route into the UK, this time via Belgium.  Maybe its being assisted by the Eurocrats trying to fire-bomb our postal system.

I did notice that BG don't seem to have warnings about not being able to deliver lipos to UK. No idea how long it might last.

As for unwanted travel brochures, just print a address label back to the company and stick it over your address. Then pop it in the post box and the company will have to pay the return postage fee  :smiley:
Seems to work for most unwanted mail!!! Mind you after 10 years of telling BT a previous owner moved out  years ago I had to get Information Commissioner’s Office to tel them to correct their database!!!!

I do hate spam mail and mail for old residents who moved out years ago....

Bad Raven

Quote from: ched999uk on Thursday,December 27, 2018, 13:27:25
I did notice that BG don't seem to have warnings about not being able to deliver lipos to UK. No idea how long it might last.

When I noticed it a while back I tongue in cheek asked them if the absence was a mistake, or if they had actually now established a reliable route.

The answer was quite amusing, along the lines of "we send, if you no get, we refund", ending with a (rare) smilie!

apollo7

Yesterday i got my A900 Inav matek wing, but not postie but the friend that built it and went out for maiden
today it was postie that brough a pair of RHCP antenna a 2204 2300 and a 2205 2300, plus a hobbyking 30amp blue and some XT60`s
Volantex Ranger 1600/2000, Ranger 1200 G2, Phoenix S 1600 AR900 Miniskyhunter, ZOHD Dart 635 and a few 680 batwings plus old faithful C1 chaser and a lot of eagletree guardians

ched

Quote from: apollo7 on Friday,December 28, 2018, 21:19:17
Yesterday i got my A900 Inav matek wing, but not postie but the friend that built it and went out for maiden
today it was postie that brough a pair of RHCP antenna a 2204 2300 and a 2205 2300, plus a hobbyking 30amp blue and some XT60`s
So where is the video evidence  ::) ::) ::) ?

apollo7

hoverfly

Flying well, nice landing... :smiley:
Was that a auto start  launch.??
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

apollo7

Quote from: hoverfly on Saturday,December 29, 2018, 10:24:49
Flying well, nice landing... :smiley:
Was that a auto start  launch.??

Yep have to say first try at auto lob was a fail resulting in some very minor damage, no biggie, a phone call to the guru builder that is Pudsey Jon and "did you do this"  no "why not" kind of call, all sorted and then of she went, flies right nice, auto launch is great if you do it right

hoverfly

I've thought about auto launch  but with the Guardian turned up and 3/4 throttle any old ****** can achieve launch.   :laugh:
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

apollo7

Quote from: hoverfly on Saturday,December 29, 2018, 16:43:29
I've thought about auto launch  but with the Guardian turned up and 3/4 throttle any old ****** can achieve launch.   :laugh:

Auto launch on Guardian ? ?

apollo7

Oh Oh so excited got my new crwler yesterday, postie brought it a few days ago but it had faults so took it back th modelsport and got it swapped they were very good even giving me a decent extra battery for my troubles
this is the Carisma scale Lynx 1/10

Reman

Parcel force just delivered some little 450mAh Li-Po's........ At 07:20 !?!?!
I'm wondering what would have happened if the dogs hadn't heard his tapping at the door? Would I have been carded, Or would he come back later to deliver during working hours?

If I'd been carded I also wonder what the time on it would have said ?
I need a pay rise........ Though I'd settle for a reduction in the amount of hours I need to work to get the same money.

Reman

Just got home from a grueling 5 hour stint at work (Mainly spent tidying up the back of my van, The depot, and waiting around until I was sure no more work was going to turn up...... I think this could be only the 5th or 6th time I've got home before 5PM in the last 19 years working for our lot. :) ).

Anyway, Got home to find that the little 450mAh batteries I'd got this morning had been joined by a parcel containing some little 1105 motors and a handful of 2" props....... And another parcel containing the 3x 2S 450mAh batteries from BangGood that I'd assumed had been lost in the post because the tracking on them had stopped over 20 days back while still in Hong Kong......  What would you have thought?

I only bought them to go on a little 80mm indoors toy I built, And I only bought 3 because the "bulk price" ment the extra one was only a few quid more. The first ones that arived were ordered from HobbyKing so that I didn't have to wait to fly this little toy while BangGood did their whole "Wait another week for it to turn up... Now wait ANOTHER week" cr*p before resending. Now I've got 6 2S packs for a single little quad ...... I suppose I could wire 2 of them together to try a 4S on the "Diatone R239" (90mm) build when I get around to finishing it?  :huh