Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 27, 2024, 05:30:01

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 20
Total: 20

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

What did the postman bring today?

Started by PaulJC, Wednesday,May 27, 2015, 16:08:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Raven

Quote from: Reman on Saturday,September 01, 2018, 23:05:21
Finally decided to upgrade my old FPV screen, So out with the budget 7" single VRX unit, And in with an equally budget orientated 7" screen, but now with diversity and DVR built in !

Woo hoo, What a rock and roll lifestyle I lead.  :laugh:

Start a thread on it and inform of your findings please!

I have a Black Pearl diversity screen (bought ages ago and def not budget) and frankly its rubbish, the menu system being particularly awkward and non user friendly. (no DVR or channel seek either, things I'd now consider essential)

Reman

Quote from: Bad Raven on Sunday,September 02, 2018, 11:52:37
I have a Black Pearl diversity screen (bought ages ago and def not budget) and frankly its rubbish, the menu system being particularly awkward and non user friendly. (no DVR or channel seek either, things I'd now consider essential)

I learnt long ago that if you're buying electronics with a "User interface", The cheaper the device, the less user friendly it's going to be.

I've had several cheap chinese touch screen car stereos, and most of them looked like the software for each feature (DVD, CD, Radio, And config menus) was cobbled together with code wrote for several other units, And by different programers. There was never a common style or method to use any of the layouts like you'd get with a name brand head unit.
I need a pay rise........ Though I'd settle for a reduction in the amount of hours I need to work to get the same money.

Sweet Pickle

Quote from: Hozza on Saturday,September 01, 2018, 04:59:31
Skyzone Sky03 goggles

So want some of these. I had my HD3's, been so tempted to order all week as they went back down to £307 on Banggood.

Hozza

Quote from: Sweet Pickle on Monday,September 03, 2018, 18:14:07
So want some of these. I had my HD3's, been so tempted to order all week as they went back down to £307 on Banggood.

Added the shims to the faceplate and that gave no light leaks, the image quality is far superior to my old fatshark attitude v2 and Sky01.

I picked them up from bg at that price and chose priority direct mail and got them in 6 days

Sweet Pickle

Did you get taxed Hozza?
I'm so jealous.
I had them in my basket for 4 days as well.

Hozza

Quote from: Sweet Pickle on Monday,September 03, 2018, 22:52:18
Did you get taxed Hozza?
I'm so jealous.

No and I never have been from BG.

tipsy trucker

I think I've kept the postman in a job just lately! I'm building a reptile 500 from scratch and every single component is coming through the post (admittedly, about a third has come by courier).

I can't vouch for today, I haven't been home but apparently yesterday my batteries arrived from bg (according to the tracking) but I'm told the parcel claims to be a charger (which is yet to arrive too) so I'm none the wiser.

With a bit of luck, the charger, motors propellers, propeller adapters, 2 meters of each (red and black) 14 awg wire and some strips of leds will all show up this week so I can finish assembling it and start worrying about how to set everything up.....

hoverfly

Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Sweet Pickle

Quote from: Sweet Pickle on Monday,September 03, 2018, 22:52:18
Did you get taxed Hozza?
I'm so jealous.

Well, because it was raining and I was bored I've ordered some red ones. Go with my SWANK X-Lite.
Damn you Hozza you should have said they were pants.

hoverfly

.Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...

Bad Raven

Quote from: tipsy trucker on Tuesday,September 04, 2018, 09:34:53
apparently yesterday my batteries arrived from bg (according to the tracking) but I'm told the parcel claims to be a charger (which is yet to arrive too) so I'm none the wiser.

Are you in UK and did you get the batteries please? I cannot get ANY batteries sent to me in UK by Banggood, the last two (micro quad packs) were intercepted and returned, and now I have "We cannot send to your destination" on all battery pages.

tipsy trucker

Quote from: Bad Raven on Friday,September 07, 2018, 06:16:47
Are you in UK and did you get the batteries please? I cannot get ANY batteries sent to me in UK by Banggood, the last two (micro quad packs) were intercepted and returned, and now I have "We cannot send to your destination" on all battery pages.

Yeah, uk. I guess that's why they were marked as a charger.

HOWEVER, I've since seen some nearly the same on ebay for less and uk seller apparently so I'm not sure I'd worry about buying abroas to be honest.

Bad Raven

Mammoth Micro Fest arrivals ..............................  :smiley:

4 of Eachine E010, two green, two red
2 of five packs of 150mAH 1S with USB Charger
and some stick 1S from Drone Junkie
and 8 Whoover foams from Drone Junkie

Guess what the kids will be doing in Friday's workshop!

hoverfly

New tricopter motor, 22kv  1HP gonna be a bitch ::)

trebor

Its good to get your fingers dirty now and again  ~~

Bad Raven

4 stroke engines............................. spit...................  :sick: Why throw away half the power strokes?   :nananana:   :laugh: :laugh:

What the postman (not the normal guy) got caught doing today was leaving a packet on the doorstop and walking off, no card through door, no knock or ring. His ears likely are still ringing.   :slap:

hoverfly

Quote from: Bad Raven on Friday,September 21, 2018, 17:12:15
4 stroke engines............................. spit...................  :sick: Why throw away half the power strokes?   :nananana:   :laugh: :laugh:

What the postman (not the normal guy) got caught doing today was leaving a packet on the doorstop and walking off, no card through door, no knock or ring. His ears likely are still ringing.   :slap:
Firstly I love the sound,    second  an oil spewing two stroke screamer  don't look good on a Tiger Moth, and lastly my finger slipped when i was just looking. :whistling:

With regard to the postman  :o :o should be ashamed of himself, even my rats are house trained.

ched

I am sure you lot have had the postman bring stuff since September!!!
Christmas has arrived early as I wanted a sub 250gms quad.
Well this arrived today:

It's a updated version of the Lizard 105S: https://goo.gl/LXt451 £85. Motors have been improved to 1106 5200KV, the current sensor is now connected and the camera is fixed in the housing correctly. So all the reviews earlier in the year saying it was very wobbly were just due to a loose camera!! The frame is a bit weird but it will record in 720P which is nice. F4 board, BF OSD, 28A esc!!!25/200mW vtx (not FC controllable) it even comes with a 4S 550mAh lipo!
Need to cable tie power leads and antennas and ready to go :-)

Just to see the scale here is it next to my Tiny7:

Hopefully I can get first flight this weekend  ::)
I try :-)

Bad Raven

Quote from: ched999uk on Friday,November 23, 2018, 20:09:32
I am sure you lot have had the postman bring stuff since September!!!

Might Have, wot's it to you?..................   ::) ::)

Lots and lots of bits,

Oh, and another EFX Racer,

and lots more bits,

Oh, and a BabyHawk Race,

Oh, and a Hawk 5.

And I have obtained the parts for and built over 20 "Whoovers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhSohm_r3sY

trebor

That looks like a good laugh 👍 Might have to get one.

Bad Raven

Quote from: trebor on Saturday,November 24, 2018, 07:32:35
That looks like a good laugh 👍 Might have to get one.

I'll start a thread on it.

apollo7

postie brought me a Matek F405 inav wing board........and yes my tiny brain is really struggling to understand any of this inav stuff.........but all my flying pals are telling me it will be worth it. This is going in a freewing 1026 wing, with 2400kv 2207 motor and full fpv set up
Volantex Ranger 1600/2000, Ranger 1200 G2, Phoenix S 1600 AR900 Miniskyhunter, ZOHD Dart 635 and a few 680 batwings plus old faithful C1 chaser and a lot of eagletree guardians

hoverfly

I bought both the 405 and the 411 which has been installed on a wing. It's been shelved for the moment as it 's not behaving itself and i got bored f/ing around with it. I'm not sure the firmware is fully functional.  I might swap to the 405 board.. Inav seems to be very hit and miss there are lots of vids of successful  airframes with it but lots of posts of people getting very mixed results with no solution. :hmm:

apollo7

Quote from: hoverfly on Monday,December 03, 2018, 13:59:49
I bought both the 405 and the 411 which has been installed on a wing. It's been shelved for the moment as it 's not behaving itself and i got bored f/ing around with it. I'm not sure the firmware is fully functional.  I might swap to the 405 board.. Inav seems to be very hit and miss there are lots of vids of successful  airframes with it but lots of posts of people getting very mixed results with no solution. :hmm:

Funny enough i have shelved mine for now, got some health worries going on and not enough mental capacity to try and understand this inav, all my mates are telling me to stick with it but my heart is not in it at the mo, might just order another guardian for the plane the inav was going it
Volantex Ranger 1600/2000, Ranger 1200 G2, Phoenix S 1600 AR900 Miniskyhunter, ZOHD Dart 635 and a few 680 batwings plus old faithful C1 chaser and a lot of eagletree guardians

Bad Raven

Yet another micro camera/vtx combo, so nothing really to say?

Well, no!

Firstly, the Band order if you follow the lettering and numbering and not the four figure frequency has yet again been scrambled.

Secondly, there are greyed out frequencies in Band 3, Channels, 4, 7 and 8, namely 5645, 5925, and 5945.

A chinglish notice states these are withdrawn due to FCC regulations, with the banned frequencies filled from the nearest still legal, so the band goes:-

5705, 5685, 5665, 5665, 5885, 5905, 5905, 5905.

Since the UK band is 5725-5875 you could rightly say its of academic interest, but is this the start of something, as I have read that out of band transmission equipment (of any type, not just video) is likely to be banned from sale.

ched

Quote from: Bad Raven on Monday,December 03, 2018, 18:12:12
Since the UK band is 5725-5875 you could rightly say its of academic interest, but is this the start of something, as I have read that out of band transmission equipment (of any type, not just video) is likely to be banned from sale.
I have a feeling it's all down to Hobby King getting fined big time for selling transmitters that are not FCC compliant. So other US vendors are simply saying they will not buy TX stuff that is not compliant.

The worry is that everything will be FCC compliant not necessarily UK compliant as there are not enough vendors selling enough to put pressure on manufacturers to supply UK versions. Maybe if we keep EU rules they may make EU spec ones like they do with FrSky tx/rx stuff and just have different Firmware.

shawdreamer

Quote from: Bad Raven on Monday,December 03, 2018, 18:12:12

Ill just buy my stuff from Banggood........... they dont seem to give two fecks about regs anyway :laugh:
550 custom H-copter (redesigned)
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie
[url="https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs"]https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs[/url]

Bad Raven

Quote from: shawdreamer on Monday,December 03, 2018, 20:24:57
Ill just buy my stuff from Banggood........... they dont seem to give two fecks about regs anyway :laugh:

This one came from Banggood.   :nananana:

Bad Raven

Four very punchy (yes, tried them already!) ACEHE 650mAh 75C 2S.  For the revived out of unused store (pile?  :whistling:) Eachine Aurora 90, now I have a really big hall to fly it in occasionally and of course the garden.

ched

My conformal coating and a uv torch arrived  ::) So looks like I have some more painting to do this weekend  ::)