Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 05:23:33

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 29
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 19
Total: 19

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

What did the postman bring today?

Started by PaulJC, Wednesday,May 27, 2015, 16:08:51

Previous topic - Next topic

CornishMule

Decided to upgrade from the FlySky Tx and get myself the Taranis X9D SE and some R-XSR receivers. Very pleased with the upgrade.

Also picked up some Graphene 1300mAh packs. They're not a patch on the Tattu R-line, and seem to perform a little less than the Acehe green packs, but more packs = more flights :)

[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3TrMC0tVrhYuz939ZRQy2g"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3TrMC0tVrhYuz939ZRQy2g[/url]
[url="https://www.instagram.com/cornishmulefpv/"]https://www.instagram.com/cornishmulefpv/[/url]

Biffa

Steve

Bad Raven

TEASE........................     :tongue:

hoverfly

Nice bit of kit, i had a look at the specs and it's impressive. The gyro not so much , extract from description..

Gold fighter version KBAR-V2 using 5.3.4pro software, inherited all the advantages of silver, while the soldiers highlighted emerald green LED lights upgrade to support the official four installation mode while and then the whole solar system exclusively supports four side installation mode, since no wiring installation see someone else's face, so no aileron think how you dress it how loaded!

Google translate has been on the bottle.. :shrug:
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Bad Raven

Quote from: hoverfly on Monday,January 15, 2018, 18:51:44
Nice bit of kit, i had a look at the specs and it's impressive. The gyro not so much , extract from description..

Gold fighter version KBAR-V2 using 5.3.4pro software, inherited all the advantages of silver, while the soldiers highlighted emerald green LED lights upgrade to support the official four installation mode while and then the whole solar system exclusively supports four side installation mode, since no wiring installation see someone else's face, so no aileron think how you dress it how loaded!

Google translate has been on the bottle.. :shrug:

SSSSPERRFEKTLY CKLEER TO MMEE...........hic...................

Biffa

HAHA yeah love the translations  :laugh:

It seems though that the K-Bar is pretty impressive by all accounts, even if the Chinglish would make you think otherwise, I don't think I have seen anyone slagging it off.

That being said I'm not entirely sure if I will be using it on this build, I may go with a Spirit Pro. I have another K-Bar that I may stick on a T-Rex 450 basher that I snatched off eBay that I am currently rebuilding and see how it fairs on that.
Steve

Bad Raven

Quote from: Biffa on Monday,January 15, 2018, 19:45:50
It seems though that the K-Bar is pretty impressive by all accounts, even if the Chinglish would make you think otherwise, I don't think I have seen anyone slagging it off.

Then I'd better oblige!  I have one K-Bar, and have given up on it. I just was frustratingly totally unable to get it configured correctly to move the servos in the right manner for all Roll/Pitch/Collective directions. Such an obvious and simple part of set up usually!

Bearing in mind I have loads of Helis, flybar and flybarless, and have loads of differing Gyros on them, I don't think it's me. As you say, others seem to think they are OK. In the budget field I like the CopterX ones, the 1000 and the later 2000. Seems they are obsolete now though.

http://www.ehirobo.com/copterx-cx-3x2000-flybarless-3-axis-gyro-system.html

The 2000 had a terrible reputation until they did a firmware alteration, when it became the poor man's BeastX (but IMO better). Problem was they were outputting gyros well after the fix still with the dodgy firmware installed and the info people needed was buried!

Most of my Helis, esp the flybar ones, are still on Futaba FASST which is a dream to set up. By comparison a flybar heli on OpenTX is not at all an easy thing to set up!

Reman

That CX-3X2000 looks pretty interesting. I've got a T-Rex 450 that I started converting to flybarless ages back. At first I started trying to make it work with a naze32 clone but couldn't get it to outputs signals recognised by the servos. Then I bought a kbar clone that did pretty much sod all.

I got a bit disheartened by that, chucked it all back in its packing crate, and forgot about it until flybarless systems started getting mentioned in this thread.

Does anyone know if there are any UK stockists of the CX-3X2000?
I need a pay rise........ Though I'd settle for a reduction in the amount of hours I need to work to get the same money.

Biffa

Quote from: Bad Raven on Tuesday,January 16, 2018, 08:44:24
Then I'd better oblige!  I have one K-Bar, and have given up on it. I just was frustratingly totally unable to get it configured correctly to move the servos in the right manner for all Roll/Pitch/Collective directions. Such an obvious and simple part of set up usually!

That's interesting, maybe a dud? I'll soon enough find out about mine  :laugh:
Steve

Lamaule

Runcam split mini.  Already fitted and it’s saved me another 8g from the micro! Very pleased! [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bad Raven

Much to my surprise, the E013 quad set (with headset) ordered Jan 11th has just arrived!  So, with headset and quad, that has two LiPo in it, but go to website today and when you try to order now post the LiPo suspension:-

“This warehouse can not ship to your location.”

So this one got through just before they were suspended, and the timing makes me wonder if the suspension is actually within  China and not within the UK.

WEIRDLY, on the box it is called (in big letters) “Small Pepper”…though it has to be said that is better than Small Pecker!!!   :blink   :whistling:

Bad Raven

Quote from: Reman on Tuesday,January 16, 2018, 09:53:03
Does anyone know if there are any UK stockists of the CX-3X2000?

Not that I know of, USA with free UK shipping, but not UK.

For info the original problem with the 2000 was that they jacked up the sampling rate hugely, then ran into vibration issues. A really smooth model would be OK, but many were not.  They reduced it back (but not as much as the 1000).  The other thing was that the 1000 was Tx gyro rate settable, and the 2000 had the pots on board to set. Some people thought that they could use both!

I have three 2000's in use, inc one on a three blade "scale" Sikorsky Dragonfly 450 and another on a four blade (Westland Whirlwind) 450.  I have a 1000 on a Hirobo Sceadu with 56 TT Redline engine with a tuned pipe running 25% nitro, Heli head converted to FBL with cheap "align compatible" gear and it has been excellent, NO vibration issues despite the very powerful engine.

Biffa

Steve

Biffa

Quote from: Bad Raven on Wednesday,January 17, 2018, 19:43:49

Item location: Shenzhen, Cina, China

I know, but you can't get them in the UK, hence "worth a punt" if this one is specifically wanted.

Steve

Reman

Quote from: Biffa on Wednesday,January 17, 2018, 21:11:55
I know, but you can't get them in the UK, hence "worth a punt" if this one is specifically wanted.

After digging around one evening I found that the CX-3X2000 was a pretty rare toy these days. Most places that were advertising them (Even the Chinese sites) didn't have any in stock. I didn't want to take a chance on Ebay with a unit from China that may or may not arrive within the 30 to 45 day delivery time window, So I gave up on it and bought one of the TGZ380 microbeast clones for the time being instead. It should at least allow me to get my T-Rex back into a flyable state.

Anyway, Back on topic. I ordered some bits to build another slightly bigger indoor brushed toy quad (Pretty much just so I can use the couple big bags of 75mm blades I bought in error ages back. :) ) And a few bit's to upgrade my QX90. Unfortunately my BangGood motor curse has reared it's ugly head again. I bought 2 sets of the racerstar 8520 motors, But received 1 full set, And 4 CCW motors. :(

For indoors I really like my brushed micros. Not so much power that it's a constant battle not to be hitting the ceiling, And light enough not to break windows/TV/Ornaments/Dogs. :)

Also received the 120 brushed frame for these motors, And a funky little Brushed F3 with OSD. I'm going to fit a tiny CMOS cam and one of the ATX03 VTX's I got on sale a while back. Should be a nice addition to the fleet.

........ A problem just dawned on me while writing this. I haven't got any 8520 prop guards that'll cover 75mm blades........ Bugger ! :)
I need a pay rise........ Though I'd settle for a reduction in the amount of hours I need to work to get the same money.

ched

A little KingKong Tiny7 advanced pack. Bound to my FlySkyi6 easy and my eachines ev100 goggles found vtx freq perfect. Quick setup on BF and working great.
So finally I can practice indoors with my new goggles and tx  ::)

Well happy.
I try :-)

apollo7

Eashine  EV800 goggles..........this is going to be a learning curve  :huh
Volantex Ranger 1600/2000, Ranger 1200 G2, Phoenix S 1600 AR900 Miniskyhunter, ZOHD Dart 635 and a few 680 batwings plus old faithful C1 chaser and a lot of eagletree guardians

Biffa

Quote from: apollo7 on Saturday,January 20, 2018, 12:32:11

First time I put goggle on and flew I nearly fell over and puked :sick:
Steve

Bad Raven

Apollo7, here are the Handy Headset rules:-

1  Put on Goggles
2. Take off Goggles again and find Transmitter
3. Put on Goggles
4. Look for model in goggles
5. Remind yourself you are not able to see model, remember "It's Behind You"
6. Take off  (NO, not the goggles, the model, dummy)
7. Turn in any direction and lose your lunch
8. Find somewhere to sit down (you didn't bring a chair????)
9. Repeat to 7 until you DON'T lose your lunch.
10 Enjoy!!

apollo7

Quote from: Bad Raven on Saturday,January 20, 2018, 16:15:03
Apollo7, here are the Handy Headset rules:-

1  Put on Goggles
2. Take off Goggles again and find Transmitter
3. Put on Goggles
4. Look for model in goggles
5. Remind yourself you are not able to see model, remember "It's Behind You"
6. Take off  (NO, not the goggles, the model, dummy)
7. Turn in any direction and lose your lunch
8. Find somewhere to sit down (you didn't bring a chair????)
9. Repeat to 7 until you DON'T lose your lunch.
10 Enjoy!!

The above sounds about right TBH i am going to struggle as i need reading specs so image is not quite in focus for me and cam does not focus TX02
Volantex Ranger 1600/2000, Ranger 1200 G2, Phoenix S 1600 AR900 Miniskyhunter, ZOHD Dart 635 and a few 680 batwings plus old faithful C1 chaser and a lot of eagletree guardians

Bajadre

Quote from: apollo7 on Saturday,January 20, 2018, 12:32:11

I found it aot easier sat in a cheap camping chair matey  ~~
Emax nighthawk 280,Emax x4,Blade 350qx3,dx6 (gen2),fatshark doms v2.

Saleem

Doms this,doms that,Eachine ev800 gogs rock!
:wack0

Bad Raven

Apollo7,

1. The EV800's split apart to use as a screen.
2. Split them and hold the parts in line but apart with the head part fitted on head, adjusting the gap till the focus is best. Get someone to help and when best focus achieved get measurement of gap.
3. Make a sleeve or for now duct tape the two halves at that gap. I adjusted my two main (different to yours) headset like this and they are now perfect for me with NO glasses.
4. As a suggestion for a better sleeve, I used black "Plasticard" sheet sold for modelling railways, etc 

apollo7

Bad Raven, good tip, hope i dont need to do this

Gavster29

I was worried at first but Bangood managed to get my daughter's E010 and my spare 2 frames!

The box is very battered

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk

daich

[url="https://rotorbuilds.com/profile/2745/"]https://rotorbuilds.com/profile/2745/[/url]
[url="http://youtube.com/c/daichchow"]http://youtube.com/c/daichchow[/url]
[url="https://www.instagram.com/daichfpv"]https://www.instagram.com/daichfpv[/url]

shawdreamer

550 custom H-copter (redesigned)
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie
[url="https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs"]https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs[/url]

Saleem

Quote from: daich on Thursday,January 25, 2018, 17:22:14
::)

My bad its a mini version,didnt realise they had a mini version.
:smiley:

ched

Quote from: Saleem on Thursday,January 25, 2018, 21:46:10
You wont be grinning for long if its v1?

The sd card thingy breaks,it took about 2 gos on mine,wish i’d bought v2.
:smiley:
Any idea if the v2 circuit board is compatible with the v1 camera and if the v2 board is available separately?
I try :-)