Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,April 23, 2024, 22:28:08

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,426
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 36
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 20
Total: 20

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

What did the postman bring today?

Started by PaulJC, Wednesday,May 27, 2015, 16:08:51

Previous topic - Next topic

shawdreamer

thought Id give one a bash at £30 from HK
550 custom H-copter (redesigned)
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie
[url="https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs"]https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs[/url]

apollo7

Volantex Ranger 1600/2000, Ranger 1200 G2, Phoenix S 1600 AR900 Miniskyhunter, ZOHD Dart 635 and a few 680 batwings plus old faithful C1 chaser and a lot of eagletree guardians

hoverfly

Totally unrelated to multirotor but yipppeee a  new W.C.  .The old one was to low and I had trouble getting out in the morning.  Had  a hell of a job finding one at the right height ,most modern ones are only 8 inches off the floor, plus mattress.
Gone for the Victorian iron style, assembly tomorrow. :smiley:
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

shawdreamer

Quote from: hoverfly on Tuesday,November 07, 2017, 19:34:18
Totally unrelated to multirotor but yipppeee a  new W.C.  .The old one was to low and I had trouble getting out in the morning.  Had  a hell of a job finding one at the right height ,most modern ones are only 8 inches off the floor, plus mattress.
Gone for the Victorian iron style, assembly tomorrow. :smiley:

uhuh, old people often have trouble getting off the toilet but just how lazy can you be to also have a mattress on it? :whistling:
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie
[url="https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs"]https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs[/url]

Reman

Quote from: shawdreamer on Tuesday,November 07, 2017, 15:43:08

thought Id give one a bash at £30 from HK

I've kept looking at them because it's a stonking price for a Flysky compatible TX with decent quality gimbels, But I REALLY can't warrant getting one because I've only just got an FS-i10 (Same design gimbels, But using black plastic and no illumination). I was also a bit put off by the built in battery and it not having anywhere convenient to mount my FPV screen on it (I still have trouble using my Quanum V2's and prefer using a TX mounted 7" screen)........ But this all still doesn't stop me looking at them and thinking "But it's only 30 quid, And it would be fine for LOS flying". :)
I need a pay rise........ Though I'd settle for a reduction in the amount of hours I need to work to get the same money.

shawdreamer

Quote from: Reman on Tuesday,November 07, 2017, 20:38:03
I've kept looking at them because it's a stonking price for a Flysky compatible TX with decent quality gimbels, But I REALLY can't warrant getting one because I've only just got an FS-i10 (Same design gimbels, But using black plastic and no illumination). I was also a bit put off by the built in battery and it not having anywhere convenient to mount my FPV screen on it (I still have trouble using my Quanum V2's and prefer using a TX mounted 7" screen)........ But this all still doesn't stop me looking at them and thinking "But it's only 30 quid, And it would be fine for LOS flying". :)

wont take me long to come up with some 3d printed designs for mounting a fpv screen, think theres one on thingiverse already but I dont think I liked the look of it, barring that Ill make a belt clip style hanger for it so it can be either hooked onto a belt or hooked onto a pocket for easy carrying.

I agree though, so far its seeming like a crackin deal at 30 notes, even with a i10 available its a good back-up unit, as for the battery, I sat here messin about with it straight out the box for near one an hour and its battery power was only half full when it came out the box and even then it was only sat at a quarter when I finally put it down and put it on charge.

add in the fact you can carry on using it and simply plug in a portable usb charger pack and your set.
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie

Sweet Pickle

Held one in my basket for 4 days. Finally gave in when the little micro Rx turned up on offer for £4. Bunged a few in, topped up with a shed load of cheapie batteries as well. Whim purchase ended up costing another £90 with the other bits.

atomiclama

New motors from Hobbyking sale.

[attachment id=0 msg=202160]

Now what to do with them  :hmm:

edit: what's happened to the picture attachment? Can't do the inline expandable anymore  :(
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

Bad Raven

Quote from: Bad Raven on Tuesday,November 07, 2017, 09:31:28
I'm rather expecting trouble with one thing likely to come soon by Parcelforce as well. I originally bought from UK warehouse Hobbyking but the item was no good. They are replacing F.O.C. but have sent from China. It's the sort of size that attracts customs attention, which is why I bought from UK and so have already paid duty within cost.   Will they try to charge me duty/handling on replacement?    :sweating: :crossfingers:

So, well into yesterday, a text from ParcelForce arrived notifying of delivering an international parcel "today". Odd as they usually give several days warning, and odder as they offered a range of alternatives, not done that before, maybe as notice was late or is this new policy? (be good if it is!)

Anyway I was in, and yes it was the replacement model, with a huge suspicious looking cardboard patch on the outer box side. This was covering an impact hole that went through the outer box, through the large bubble wrap, and through the inner model box!!  :banghead:  :blink

Luckily (and incredibly!) the model was seemingly undamaged, and the two main problems with No1 forcing the claim and replacement were not present, so have gone ahead and "built" it.  Set up to info on box end label (!) and seems to have ooodles of thrust.

Weather was grot early and now its finally gone OK I have school club to set up (GRRR) so maybe tomorrow.

Sweet Pickle

Stroll on atomiclama, can you post a bigger pic instead of the thumbnail? I can barely see it on my laptop.  :laugh: :laugh:

atomiclama

Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

hoverfly

Couple of lens hoods, one for the "video Mavic" and one for the "photo Mavic"   :smiley: :smiley:

.Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...

Bad Raven

I have been using a customised GearBest headset, length tuned to my sight.  The VRX was replaced way WAY back with a Lumenier and then a while back I added a Eachine DVR, the tiny orange cased one.

Never that happy with the DVR quality (though OK for the price!) , Banggood suddenly offered the Aomway Diversity VRX with built in DVR at an OK price.

It arrived today, and this evening I have grafted it onto my "backup" headset, which is the same type as above, similarly modified, but was still running the internal VRX and no DVR.

After a false start using a shorter jack lead for convenience which proved to be inconvenient  :evil as it was faulty  ( :banghead: ), I now have it up and running.

Hopefully a field test tomorrow. :crossfingers:

Saleem

Bajadre

Had some goodies from gaza07 today in the post thanks again matey really appreciate it  ~~  :beer2:
sorry the pics aren't too good as my mobiles from the 1940s lol  :laugh:
will wear them with pride  :cool:

Emax nighthawk 280,Emax x4,Blade 350qx3,dx6 (gen2),fatshark doms v2.

shawdreamer

Alot of crap totally unrelated to quadcopters so I was only mildly interested (mostly vape gear, Kanthal wire, jap cotton and a Avacado 24 RDTA), and a Naze32 rev5 to replace the second Naze Rev6 in my Sparkie that seems to be going the same way the original (these Rev6's are too bloody delicate)
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie

Hozza

Good service from maplin, ordered on Friday at 23:00 with free delivery arrived at 10:00 this morning.

JeremyE

Quote from: Hozza on Monday,November 13, 2017, 13:08:15
Good service from maplin, ordered on Friday at 23:00 with free delivery arrived at 10:00 this morning.

I picked up on of these on Saturday. Now I need to test it out...

nate80

Savings took a pretty big hit today.  No multi rotor parts but all related in some (small) way.

New metal extruder assembly for the Malyan M150... to print better multi rotor parts.

iPhone X... for viewing the Multirotor forum when I'm out and about!

XBox One X Project Scorpio... to, erm, relax with after I've been out with my drones!?  Okay that ones a bit of a stretch!  :laugh:

[attachment id=0 msg=202327]

[attachment id=1 msg=202327]

[attachment id=2 msg=202327]

Bad Raven

Another loads of LED light strings, some to populate some more Hula Hoops, and some because..........well it's shortly Christmas!!

Hozza

nate80

Quote from: Hozza on Monday,November 13, 2017, 13:08:15

Quote from: JeremyE on Monday,November 13, 2017, 13:42:12
I picked up on of these on Saturday. Now I need to test it out...

Did you guys get a good deal on the Spark, and what are your thoughts so far?  Most of what I hear about the little drone is great, so I've been considering picking one up (trying to justify it really) for travelling etc. but thought I'd wait for Black Friday to see if any deals happen.

Hozza

Quote from: nate80 on Thursday,November 16, 2017, 10:21:14
Did you guys get a good deal on the Spark, and what are your thoughts so far?  Most of what I hear about the little drone is great, so I've been considering picking one up (trying to justify it really) for travelling etc. but thought I'd wait for Black Friday to see if any deals happen.

Maplin were selling it at £200 off the fly more combo which was my justification. So far I'm loving it but it's early day with only 6 flights completed, one went into fail safe and RTH without any dramas. Brought it as a precursor to something like a Mavic, basically wanting to see if I use it or just have an expensive paper weight :laugh:

nate80

Quote from: Hozza on Thursday,November 16, 2017, 10:47:31
Maplin were selling it at £200 off the fly more combo which was my justification. So far I'm loving it but it's early day with only 6 flights completed, one went into fail safe and RTH without any dramas. Brought it as a precursor to something like a Mavic, basically wanting to see if I use it or just have an expensive paper weight :laugh:

Congrats!  That's a bit of a good deal.   ~~  I thought I saw that deal mentioned somewhere.  Back up to full price now.  Maybe they'll be back down for Black Friday.

hoverfly

It was like Xmas coming early today.. got a new egg steamer, micro sd , book, Bluetooth earbug.  :smiley:

Edit.. the micro sd is multi-rotor related it's  a spare for the Runcam..

shawdreamer

yesterday:- a genuine naze32 Rev5 donation from Doug to replace the clone Rev5 I got off ebay which inturn was to replace the Rev6 which inturn was to replace the original rev6 that was in my sparkie design frame.

and people ask why I think cc3ds are less hassle to deal with? :shrug:

today:- an Ia6c reciever for the Sparkie as The turnigy evo TX I recently bought has proven good enough to use with with it (plus I wanted the batt telemetry)

40pairs of HK4050 bullnose props, nope you didnt misread that, I did say 40 pairs, are they that good?....feck knows, they were 1p a pair so who cares :shrug:  (they seem to do ok on the sparkie though, just not anywhere as good as my 4050 KingKong Tri's)
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie

apollo7

Postie brought this HUGE motor, so i fitted a 5" triblade, this is the viking 1308 4100kv..........now what can i use it for...............how about a 24" dead simple wing from foam board   :smiley:

Also got about 40 props in the 1p sale plus lots of 2s lipos
Volantex Ranger 1600/2000, Ranger 1200 G2, Phoenix S 1600 AR900 Miniskyhunter, ZOHD Dart 635 and a few 680 batwings plus old faithful C1 chaser and a lot of eagletree guardians

hoverfly

Bad Raven

Do you know, when you spend ages with finger hovering over a button, in the end your arm tires and you end up pressing it?

Mr ParcelForce brought this..................

Only a taster to see if I want to go deeper.  My wife is a bit shocked, she thought I would get one that was a lot bigger!!

Next time, Dear.....Next Time................  :evil

It's installed, connected up and appears to operate as far as bed movement, but out of time now to set up bed height as Indoor Flying tonight.  I have challenged myself to make models of my first two cars in 2mm/ft, as they fit the time scale of a model Tramway I have under way. I need to make interiors for 12 seaside Shops and a Hotel, too.

Oh, and Mr Postman brought 20 Tropical Shrimp. 

Last time I had shrimp delivered with ordinary 1st post they delivered at 09:15 as they were worried about the "LIVE FISH" labelling. This time the sender used "Special Delivery before 13:00", and they delivered at 12:50!!    :rolleyes:

shawdreamer

last time I net ordered shrimp (20 cherries), only 12 survived the journey :cry

but for some reason the seller had also packed in 10 flame tetra, 4 Bamboo shrimp and a Golden algie eater which I didnt order or pay for.

I called them and they simply said "oops, we cant ask you to send them back as they wont survive, you can either keep them, re-home or simply dispose of them, we wont charge you for them"

the algae eater wasnt in good shape so I expected it to die..... He lasted 4yrs and grew feckin HOOOOOOOOUGE
the tetra thinned out a bit but 5-6 are still kicking about my lads tank
but my poor cherrie shrimp went breeding nuts and there was little baby shrimp everywhere, unfortunetly this then caught the attention of my guppies who also lived in the tank (but generally ignore the shrimp) and they were systematically hunted down for snacks :embarrassed :cry :cry
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie