Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 12:05:36

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 27
Total: 27

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

What did the postman bring today?

Started by PaulJC, Wednesday,May 27, 2015, 16:08:51

Previous topic - Next topic

sh0wtime

Just some LiPo bags to help contain the heat should they decide to cook off at some point
Happened in a buddys garage & it made a right mess  :blink

my red FC for my SCX Redback build & a set of the blue Cobra 2450';s in case i ever want to add blue to a build  :rolleyes: :whistling:
In for a penny, In for a Grand!

CornishMule

Quote from: sh0wtime on Monday,September 18, 2017, 18:20:02
Just some LiPo bags to help contain the heat should they decide to cook off at some point
Happened in a buddys garage & it made a right mess  :blink

Were his batteries charging at the time? Or just spontaneously go off? Any sign of damage to them before they went? always nervous about LiPos.
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3TrMC0tVrhYuz939ZRQy2g"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3TrMC0tVrhYuz939ZRQy2g[/url]
[url="https://www.instagram.com/cornishmulefpv/"]https://www.instagram.com/cornishmulefpv/[/url]

sh0wtime

they were charging at the time as far as i can remember. it was about 5 years or so ago...
the guy chaging them was an experienced RC operator as at the time he was Craig Dreschers mechanic, it was Craigs gear that got burned!

personally i';m not frightened of LiPo';s. been using them for years without issue but since i';ve recently bought 11 or so soft cased LiPo';s i';m thinking it would be a good idea to add a little flameproof barrier between me & them as i generally store them indoors  :whistling:

i won';t put them in the cupboard under the stairs as i have around 7 gallons of 25% Nitro fuel in there already  :blink :whistling:

Bad Raven

Today Mr Parcelforce brought a HK Euro order for LiPos. I';d used Euro as UK OOS for a while.

3 of 3 Cell 2200mAh 60C 120C surge.

As usual each had packaging carefully opened, visual inspection and check inc wire security at plugs. Then, straight onto cell checker.

1 pack found to have Cell 2 at zero volts.

New territory for me after many many OK orders, a Warranty Claim!  (requesting replacement not refund)

Received batteries @ 15:45, Claim with photos 16:20, Inspected, Authorised, and Passed for Settlement within 30 minutes.

I';ll keep you informed, but so far nothing adverse to say.

Bad Raven

Quote from: Bad Raven on Tuesday,September 19, 2017, 18:47:47
Today Mr Parcelforce brought a HK Euro order for LiPos. I';d used Euro as UK OOS for a while.

3 of 3 Cell 2200mAh 60C 120C surge.

As usual each had packaging carefully opened, visual inspection and check inc wire security at plugs. Then, straight onto cell checker.

1 pack found to have Cell 2 at zero volts.

New territory for me after many many OK orders, a Warranty Claim!  (requesting replacement not refund)

Received batteries @ 15:45, Claim with photos 16:20, Inspected, Authorised, and Passed for Settlement within 30 minutes.

I';ll keep you informed, but so far nothing adverse to say.

So, I';d fully expected a further exchange over this, even though I had indicated how I wanted it resolved, but not so. Further Email arrived here stating very sorry for issues and replacement sent.

So far so good then.

atomiclama

Hopefully this will not burn out like me LB20 did.

Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

Saleem

4x dys 1407 4300,quite nice motors to look at and feel,i teresting to see how they shape up to racestar and brotherhobby 1407 (got these versions already)
:smiley:

sh0wtime

I got some tips (for the iron) & some solder.
kinda still a bit stuck til the iron gets here  :shrug:

Bad Raven

So, the replacement battery from HK for the one with a 0v cell 2 (see my previous posts if not aware) arrived last week.  And.......... it had one cell (No3) down at 2.2v    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :thumbdown:

MMM, what now, do I claim, or do I try inform they have a batch issue and maybe agree to try recover it back OK,

SO, I tried to contact via their RMA but kept getting a website error message about no post record found, claim not processed. Tried three times, the last even shutting PC down and coming back in, same error, it just would not action the form entry.

Or so I thought.  :confused:

Today I get a claim authorised post  with a note "sorry you have had so much trouble".   :shrug:

Assuming the error messages were terminal and I';d get no further, over the weekend I slowly recovered the battery cell back to over 3.5v on NIMH trickle charge (outdoors and watching it), then put on the balancer (again outside) till it balanced, then charged it the rest of the way. It ended this balanced within 2mV.  Since then I have hovered a quad with it down to 3.7v and then balance charged it normally at 1C, and its sitting on my desk charged and in balance to 3mV, so I suppose this one has been recovered.

SO, I await events with interest.......................  :popcorn: :popcorn:    .....................even if you all don';t!   :rofl:

insx

Props and motors for my tiny whoop build. I already have the frame, camera mount and F3 F/C, just waiting for the camera/tx now.

Bad Raven

I was looking around an order time lag ago for suitable stuff for the school RC club, I found and ordered an Eachine VR007Pro headset with "intelligent" battery at less than £33.

I';d hoped this smaller format size would be good for juvenile head sizes.

Got back from flying today to find it had arrived.

I have run it so far with a EMax 200 (std EMax camera), and a micro combo Eachine TX-01. It had no problems finding and displaying either and the smaller size screen didn';t seem to be anything like the penalty I expected.

Quite Impressed!  ~~

shawdreamer

my lad uses one for flyalongs.

small, compact, light and surprisingly good signal pickup and screen clarity.

slap a clover or pagoda on it though, definitely does make a difference
550 custom H-copter (redesigned)
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie
[url="https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs"]https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs[/url]

Bajadre

Got my TBS Anti-Slip Maintenance Mat from rchobby today  ~~ using it as a pc matt for my keyboard and mouse lol  :o  :laugh:
Emax nighthawk 280,Emax x4,Blade 350qx3,dx6 (gen2),fatshark doms v2.

Reman

Had a second TS100 soldering iron arrive today. I really like the original I bought and use it pretty much exclusively at home now. I kept thinking that a second one to put in the flight bag with a XT60 adapter cable would be useful, Then they turned up for £31 in BangGood';s 11th anniversary sale........ Well, It would be rude not to wouldn';t it. :)
I need a pay rise........ Though I'd settle for a reduction in the amount of hours I need to work to get the same money.

Bad Raven

Well that little headset (Eachine VR007Pro) in my last post has been a great success at my club and a couple of other members have decided to take the plunge into FPV and have ordered one after watching me fly with mine. IMO its a game changer.

Of course its not the best, no diversity (not that it seems to need it) and channel/band switching is a bit fiddly with yet another way of band notification, but its light weight is a real attraction to people over my other headsets they have tried. 

Personally I';m still using an extended and heavily modded Gearbest sourced unit with a signal seeking diversity Lumenier VRX, but even that was more than three times the price.

The Eachine K-Loverleaves 5.8G 5dBi 6 Leaf Clover Mushroom Antenna RHCP SMA/RP-SMA, sold as a pair for under £8 are the cheapest and most effective way to gain even better reception and I now use these exclusively.

Reman

Got a Flysky i10 to replace my Turnigy i10......

Seems Hobbyking/Turnigy aren';t currently working on any firmware updates for the TGY i10 (And haven';t been for a while now). After the last couple of updates only seemed to add extra problems I get the impression they';re pulling the plug on this TX as far as support goes . I really liked the hardware, But it was let down by the later Turnigy modified firmwares being total sweaty skidmarked pants.

It seems the only way to have a TGY i10 without bug laden software was to get a FS i10 instead. So I';d been half looking about for ages, but couldn';t warrant the 140 to 250ish quid everywhere was asking for them to get something that I sort of already had. Then I found they were on offer for 116 quid at "TomTop" in their UK warehouse. I kept thinking about that for a fair while and kept looking back every few days, Then suddenly they got included in one of their flash sales for £69.29........"OK, F**k it. Can';t hang about at that price".  :)

I';ve updated the firmware and found it has a nice windows USB games controller option built right in...... Nice !
Spent an enjoyable 10 minutes playing about with FPVFreerider and it dawned on me that the gimbels on the cheapo USB fake TX styled controller I';ve been using are bloody awful !!!!! Live and learn. :)

So far I';m a happy bunny with this new purchase, Hopefully it';ll prove to have the same great hardware as the TGY i10, But without the system toppling firmware issues.

(Oh, And before people start telling me that I should have got a Q X7 for similar money, I';ve got....... erm....... several (I get concerned if I actually count them) quads, a hex, and a couple of helicopters all Flyskyed up. If I switched protocols now it would take a fair few weekends and a couple hundred quid worth of RX';s to refit everything....... And on top of that, I actually really rate Flysky';s current stuff.)
I need a pay rise........ Though I'd settle for a reduction in the amount of hours I need to work to get the same money.

shawdreamer

Some of these (2.4ghz rx aerial';s)

To fix the ones Id either ripped off during crashes or stupidly cut of with my own frames props like the one in the twinboard250 I just finished replacing...

Oh and finally these cute little things for the spark clone project, just waiting on the 4in1 esc now (christ these things are tiny)....

zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie
[url="https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs"]https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs[/url]

Andy7

Something for the weekend.... two more 4s packs :)
ZMR200 | EMAX 2206 2300kv | XSRF4PO(BF) | FatShark Dom V3 | Spedix ES25 | 4S 1300mAh | 5045x3 PC HQ Props | FrSky QX7.
Hubsan X4 107 V2
YouTube: [url="//www.youtube.com/user/AndySevern7"]www.youtube.com/user/AndySevern7[/url]

Icefever

I';ve received a  4 x 800 mAh pack to help out this weekend also.. :frantic:
With all the beautiful things in the world,  only man could invent boredom.

apollo7

My wing wing Z84 arrived yesterday............and i have nearly finished building it already, went together really well, very happy with it
Volantex Ranger 1600/2000, Ranger 1200 G2, Phoenix S 1600 AR900 Miniskyhunter, ZOHD Dart 635 and a few 680 batwings plus old faithful C1 chaser and a lot of eagletree guardians

atomiclama

Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

Hozza

atomiclama

A big one.

Opps my old charger was charging cell 4 to 4.25 V  :whistling: I now have a few packs that need sorting  :banghead:
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

CornishMule

1 x TrueD Furious Fatshark Module
4 x Spedex 25A ESCs for the Wizard rebuild
1 x Matek F405 FC for new 220 build
1 x Matek PDB for new 220 build
1 x Runcam Swift 2 for new 220 build
1 x Matek VTX for new 220 build
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3TrMC0tVrhYuz939ZRQy2g"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3TrMC0tVrhYuz939ZRQy2g[/url]
[url="https://www.instagram.com/cornishmulefpv/"]https://www.instagram.com/cornishmulefpv/[/url]

Saleem

shawdreamer

a farmfoods leaflet
a sunlife leaflet
and a "we by mobile devices" leaflet

erm yer...... cheers for them fella ~~
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie

Bad Raven

The VR007Pro headset I ordered a few weeks ago at £32.63 and then again at £32.54  for a friend, is today when looking to order for a couple of my school club members at a pretty shocking increase to £46.63.    :o  :thumbdown:

On a happier note, Tues morning I ordered (via EBay) 2 of USB sticks USB2/3 64Gb sticks with 2nd Class Post - they arrived this morning 2 of 256Gb and 1st post. I';d ordered the smaller size as I didn';t know if an old PC they would have to be used with would cope, luckily they seem to. No explanation of the different supply given.   :shrug:

Bad Raven

Quote from: shawdreamer on Tuesday,October 17, 2017, 19:33:54
a farmfoods leaflet
a sunlife leaflet
and a "we buy mobile devices" leaflet

So you can eat yourself silly, be well insured, and stop people annoying you on your mobile............................

RESULT.......................  ~~

apollo7

More a case of what the postman DID NOT bring......waiting for my Micro skyhunter to arrive and its well late, BG keep telling me to wait a few more days........ordered it 31 days back but they are telling me its within the 15-20 working day slot
Volantex Ranger 1600/2000, Ranger 1200 G2, Phoenix S 1600 AR900 Miniskyhunter, ZOHD Dart 635 and a few 680 batwings plus old faithful C1 chaser and a lot of eagletree guardians

Bad Raven

Quote from: apollo7 on Wednesday,October 18, 2017, 16:52:24
More a case of what the postman DID NOT bring......waiting for my Micro skyhunter to arrive and its well late, BG keep telling me to wait a few more days........ordered it 31 days back but they are telling me its within the 15-20 working day slot

After a lot of orders which were OK, I recently had trouble with BG. I';d ordered a battery, then a week later ordered another.

Right at the end of the second one';s expected time slot it arrived, but the first one, by now overdue, was still AWOL.  After several "please wait a few more days", I challenged their process since I';d paid for Insurance and the tracking was definitely iffy with an extra 10 days delayed by China Post before it was allegedly forwarded (I think they lost it in China!).

It never did arrive, unlike one way back that finally got to me two months overdue with the label blackened and part unreadable looking like it had been skidding on a running belt for some considerable time.

The pleasures of international ordering...............................

At that they refunded me.

Recently I have had packages arrive from them by:-

Royal Mail from Sweden Post
Royal Mail from Thailand
MyHermes from Manchester (Yes, really, a Banggood order!)

LiPo always seem to take beyond their expected service times