Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,March 29, 2024, 15:39:43

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 32
Total: 32

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

What did the postman bring today?

Started by PaulJC, Wednesday,May 27, 2015, 16:08:51

Previous topic - Next topic

ched

Quote from: Andy7 on Sunday,August 06, 2017, 17:27:11
This!!
Flies like a dream. I took a punt on one and fell in love with that pack - okay, I';ve been strapping BRICKS to my quad for the last 5 years, so it';s GONNA be a big difference. There';s a link to the amazon page in the description. They';re only 40c but pack enough punch for me for the timebeing.

I have to be a bit more careful with the fly time though, ';cos I';m used to getting 10-15 mins out of a pack  :o

Looks good. Well done on first rolls. One thing that might be worth looking at is 2 straps on the battery. With one it looks like the battery could slip into props and get chopped up!!!!

I have 2 Floureon 3S 3300mAh that I use on my F450 and find them good but it';s no racer.
I try :-)

Andy7

I just added a rubber mat to the frame and flipped the pack on its side. It';s a MUCH firmer mounting now and better access for the main power wires.
BUT; they do ship with a batter strap so I';ve got plenty now so might have a go at double-strapping....  :whistling:
ZMR200 | EMAX 2206 2300kv | XSRF4PO(BF) | FatShark Dom V3 | Spedix ES25 | 4S 1300mAh | 5045x3 PC HQ Props | FrSky QX7.
Hubsan X4 107 V2
YouTube: [url="//www.youtube.com/user/AndySevern7"]www.youtube.com/user/AndySevern7[/url]

shawdreamer

550 custom H-copter (redesigned)
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie
[url="https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs"]https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs[/url]

Bajadre

Postie brought me a selection of 4" props from fastlads  ~~
Emax nighthawk 280,Emax x4,Blade 350qx3,dx6 (gen2),fatshark doms v2.

Saleem

hoverfly

Microwave  radar sensor module, and adjustable PSU.
The radar is better than  p.I.r  as  its gives less false triggers.
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

apollo7

New set of props for the AQ 600 folding quad, these are 1355 T-series, shown with a 10x4.5 slowfly for scale
I am running 1155 T props at present and want to see if the motors can handle these with out getting warm, hoping they will work well and give me a tiny bit more lift/flight time

free image hosting api

I find it rather funny that i built the AQ600 just because i could, and had the big sunnysky 700kv motors, and now i just love flying it, got it gimbled up with a tiny mobius gimble and getting decent video from it, getting 16 mins flight time from 5200ham 4s, hoping to push it to 18 mins  :cool:
Volantex Ranger 1600/2000, Ranger 1200 G2, Phoenix S 1600 AR900 Miniskyhunter, ZOHD Dart 635 and a few 680 batwings plus old faithful C1 chaser and a lot of eagletree guardians

shawdreamer

good image hosting

figured Id give one of these a go, might be beneficial on some of my smaller builds that have limited space for clutter...
https://www.banggood.com/In-Line-Battery-Voltage-Alarm-With-LED-XT60-Connector-for-2-6S-Lipo-p-1172970.html?rmmds=myorder

tbh Im not 100% sure how its gonna work, If it was set for use with a specific cell count (2s-3s-4s etc) then Itd just measure the overall voltage and average it between cells to decide when to go off but according to the listing its for use with 2-6s...... but......... there seems to be no way of telling it what cell count your using? or for that matter what cell count it comes set on?? hmmmm a little confusing
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie
[url="https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs"]https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs[/url]

Bad Raven

Quote from: shawdreamer on Tuesday,August 15, 2017, 11:43:18
tbh I';m not 100% sure how its gonna work, If it was set for use with a specific cell count (2s-3s-4s etc) then Itd just measure the overall voltage and average it between cells to decide when to go off but according to the listing its for use with 2-6s...... but......... there seems to be no way of telling it what cell count your using? or for that matter what cell count it comes set on?? hmmmm a little confusing

I assume for example that if on connection it sees voltage between 13 and say 17 it will consider it 4S and will start measuring down to whatever minimum voltage per cell is set times the number of cells?

shawdreamer

Quote from: Bad Raven on Tuesday,August 15, 2017, 17:58:24
I assume for example that if on connection it sees voltage between 13 and say 17 it will consider it 4S and will start measuring down to whatever minimum voltage per cell is set times the number of cells?

thats sorta what Im assuming, but then you';d have to be sure of the quality and charge state of any battery you plug in if you expect it to function as it should, otherwise I expect it could get pretty confused pretty feckin quickly.

Did test it with my two newest multistars (1800mah 3s, 1800mah 4s) with the alarm set to 3.7v (its highest setting) and alongside a standard balance plug lipo alarm and they both went off pretty much the same time on both the 3s and 4s so its doing something right to figure out what cell count/full charge status its connected too and when to trigger.

either way it works like it should on 3s and 4s so I cant complain....bloody 5050smd LED if properly BRIGHT too.
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie

Hozza

ched

My genuine Omnibus F3 V4 Pro  ::) Should have arrived yesterday but RM48 was RM72!! Unmanned tech dispatched it on 15th as they said they would, so should have arrived yesterday when I had free time!!!!
Today I have a busy afternoon/early evening  :cry

Hopefully get to finish my Martian3 late tonight.  ::)

LuMan

A rather James Bond-esque fairing from Potensic....

F181DH with carry case and a load of stuff! I wanted a cheapish FPV RTF to take on holiday (after -ahem- ';losing'; my FQ..) and this looked just the job. Not flown it yet, but I';ve had a play with the camera and monitor and the quality';s not that bad at all.

[attach=1]

The Tx is a bit toy-ish, but does seem to have some good features and is reasonably well set out. It';s also got removable undercarriage, but I quite like the look of the thing without the skids and prop guards hanging off it.

[attach=2]

I did the obligatory Google and YouTubing first, to make sure it was OK, so I';m looking forward to getting it airborne!  ~~
Potensic F181DH  -  Ghost 250 (blue)  -  Cheerson CX-10/A  -  Syma X11C  -  FQ777-FQ17W  -  Eachine E57  -  BetaFPV 65S  -  Robocat 280 (in build)  -  Ghost 250 LED (in build) - And lots of broken stuff!

PilksUK

2x Little Hubsan x4 h107 quads i got on ebay for a bargin £4.26! thought it would be perfect for my niece she loves it her first little quad she spent hours over the field flying (I will remember not to take so many batteries with me next time  :sleep:)

AmiSMB

My RacerStar 4 in 1 35A Blheli_32 esc arrived for my Bolt Kraken 5 worx build.
Diatone GT R-349
Snapper 7
BoltRC Kraken 2206 2350kv
KC250 RS2205 2300kv SPF3 DAL 5 x 4.5 BN
EMAX MT2204 2300kv SPF3 DAL 5 x 4.5 BN
Gravity 250 DYS 1806 2300kv SPF3 DAL 5 x 4.5BN

Controlled by FrSky Taranis

nate80

A sheet of Velleman glass for my 3D printer.  Not very exciting, but hopefully very useful!   ;D

Cheredanine

hoverfly

Twenty kilos of chopped and compressed  teabag trimmings,(dust extracted)  so it';s  new bedding tonight :laugh:
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Reman

Got some "Spare" 1407 motors and another 112 frame (For 3" props).......... Trouble is that I';ve got a habit of getting bored and building spares up into yet another quad.
I need a pay rise........ Though I'd settle for a reduction in the amount of hours I need to work to get the same money.

Cheredanine

Wanted some backup goggles, in case my dom v2 go pop
Everyone has doms where I fly :( not interested in hdmi or hd, my cams are all ccd 4:3 and 640x480 so figured I would get a set of attitude v4 anniversary editions, there seems to be a problem with the vrx module that comes with then so got a furious true-d v3.5 too, all arrived today, set about the true-d with a craft knife and side trimmers, 10 mins careful work, not much blood loss and it won';t show up on the attitudes and presto:

pic bbcode

Also got this:

Sundry props, batteries, xm+, cam etc

Bajadre

Nice matey like the layout on the v3.5 wish I would of waited now  :cry
Emax nighthawk 280,Emax x4,Blade 350qx3,dx6 (gen2),fatshark doms v2.

shawdreamer

some legs for my 220Dasher design build....

upload image direct link

2205 2600kv';s
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie

Saleem

2 dys antenna,spare parts for the geprc leopard as i lost the antenna and mount and pigtail in a crash which ground it.5 spare antenna for eachine vtx and 4 racestar 30a esc!
:smiley:

Bad Raven

Yesterday, a pack of disc battery powered LED light strings, three red 2M long and three blue 2M long for insertion into some more Hula Hoop gates for indoor micro racing.

During the time it took for these to arrive from China I received 5 more hoops from UK seller , except they sent the wrong ones, clearly not as ordered. They failed to reply to messages so started a case with EBAY/PayPal, and they did not do as asked, send right ones and return label, but refunded PayPal.

Waited the stated EBay time for a return label, not received, so I suppose they gave up. Looking at EBAY sales record feedback and they have FAR bigger issues than my little order to worry about, there are a LOT of unhappy buyers of other things they sell!

So, had a better look but I cannot light these 550mm dia hoops, they are covered holographic and I have unjointed one to find the hoop under the covering is grey non-translucent plastic so no good taking off the covering. Might be usable at a push in a well lit area of the "track" where the holographic might show them up enough, or maybe garden when the wind is low enough, will try.

Now to the LED strings, advertised as without batteries, and all supply so far no batteries - fair enough, clear when ordering, well, except this time the red ones and only the red ones came with two disc batteries inserted in each set ready to use! Bonus!!

insx

ched

Quote from: insx on Friday,September 01, 2017, 15:45:38

Cute. Which model are they and have you tried them yet? Be interested as a visitors pair :)

JeremyE

My new mill I bagged off ebay :)

[attach=1]

Time to clean and then hopefully mill some stuff...

insx

Quote from: ched999uk on Friday,September 01, 2017, 15:53:41
Cute. Which model are they and have you tried them yet? Be interested as a visitors pair :)

Yep, the very cute and tiny Eachine VR006. I';ve charged them up and switched them on but I don';t have a quad with me. I have some slight concerns about focus as there in no adjustment at all.

Reman

2 deliveries was ment to be here today.

Despite the house having 5 adults in it all day, 4 cars on the drive, And 3 dogs that go bat cr4p mental whenever anyone so much as stops a car outside, the tracker';s now saying no one was here !?!?!?

No doorbells were rung, No dogs barked, No card was left........ NO DELIVERY DRIVER CAME HERE TODAY !!!!! This is the third time stuffs been sent to me Via DPD, And the third time no one';s turned up. So now I have the fun of having to try to get them to redeliver the parcels (Well, that should read "Deliver", As the original delivery attempt wasn';t made !) when I don';t have any DPD reference number (Just one from China)......... Or I should just make a paypal claim against banggood as a way to try and prompt them not to send me stuff via this slow and unreliable company again?

If I';d had a choice of courier I';d have chose having some random homless crackhead bring the parcels to me over DPD, At least I wouldn';t be working under the misconception that I was dealing with a company that actually "Delivered" stuff !
I need a pay rise........ Though I'd settle for a reduction in the amount of hours I need to work to get the same money.

Bad Raven

Quote from: Reman on Saturday,September 02, 2017, 21:23:44
If I';d had a choice of courier I';d have chose having some random homless crackhead bring the parcels to me over DPD, At least I wouldn';t be working under the misconception that I was dealing with a company that actually "Delivered" stuff !

Sorry about your issues with DPD. For the record, I have the same issues with Yodel.  And now the latest MyHermes Zombie is leaving packages standing in clear sight in the middle of my door step with no card through door. And there are plenty of better extremely obvious places.