Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,March 28, 2024, 17:38:04

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 16
Total: 17

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Yuneec 500+

Started by Sweet Pickle, Tuesday,May 26, 2015, 22:01:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweet Pickle

So, what are fellow board members opinion of the plus model?
So it';s not 4k or lightbridge or DJI but I have to say I like the look of it. Video quality looks very nice.
For the money the 2 batteries, carry case and hand held gimbal make it a pretty attractice buy.
I like to build, so it seems like a dirty cheat.... but I';m tempted.
Interested in the follow me etc.

quadfather

-rw-rw-rw-  –  The Number of the Beast

agrs1974

I was gonna buy this a few months back but I wanted to FPV it with my fatsharks but you are unable to. Opted for the phantom instead.
Taranis x9d plus
Mavic pro with Dji Goggles
Shendrones 5" (new build)
Hglrc 145mm
Bqe pixel
Happymodel Mantis 85

dockman

Not heard anything bad about them, they dont need a tablet or phone to view the video which is worth considering.  Plus they are including the steady grip free for the camera. 
I fly stuff

Sweet Pickle

Quote from: quadfather on Tuesday,May 26, 2015, 22:20:39
Am I looking at the wrong aircraft?  It seems only a little cheaper than a Phantom 3 with 4k camera.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1133519-REG/yuneec_yunq501artfus_typhoon_q500_rtf_in.html

vs

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1133098-REG/dji_phantom_3_professional_quadcopter.html

BUT take into account it has a decent Ally case, 2 batteries a gimbal hand grip to use with the camera and as mentioned the TX has a built in screen so in the unlikely event you don';t have a suitable phone/tablet then you';ve saved a few bob.
Video quality from the Youtube videos is very nice and if you don';t have a 4K TV then it';s a good option.

DGmulti

We tested a demo one and it does not handle turbulence well - wind speed limit in the manual s only 12mph...
GPS position lock is pretty loose.
The smart follow me function works ok but it stays pointing in one direction, it does not keep the camera aimed at the pilot. Props are flimsy..

Friskle

Quote from: dockman on Tuesday,May 26, 2015, 23:00:55
Not heard anything bad about them, they dont need a tablet or phone to view the video which is worth considering.  Plus they are including the steady grip free for the camera.

To be fair, the Hand grip, does nothing for me, by that i mean, thats would not sway me to buy something that looks cheap and tacky in the flesh, watched one being tested out side the store, for someone who was buying one, and i was far from impressed with its GPS functionality, in so called Hold position, it drifted really quite a lot, i would certainly not accept that amount of drift in GPS position hold.

It does seem like a lot of features for the money, but whether they actually function properly is kind of where it matters.

The bloke did not buy the Yuneec after the test, as he said, his mates Phantom flies far better than this one.

end of the day though, its upto the individual, but after seeing one, i would never pay thats money for one.
Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
DJI 450 frame + Naza M V2 = GPS
ZMR 250
250 Pro - Dys 2300kv motors , Naze32 Acro
300 Folding Frame sporting a Naza Lite + GPS

quadfather

Quote from: Sweet Pickle on Tuesday,May 26, 2015, 23:22:50
BUT take into account it has a decent Ally case, 2 batteries a gimbal hand grip to use with the camera and as mentioned the TX has a built in screen so in the unlikely event you don';t have a suitable phone/tablet then you';ve saved a few bob.
Video quality from the Youtube videos is very nice and if you don';t have a 4K TV then it';s a good option.

I';m still not sold, I';m afraid.  ;)

If you went with a P3 and the comparable camera it would cost you less.  For example with this bundle with the 1080p60 camera and a 2nd battery you';d have change for a case.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1138184-REG/dji_djp3awb_phantom_3_quadcopter_1080p_camera_battery.html

I guess the point I';m trying to make is that if I was to fork out a grand on an RTF model I would go with an established company rather than an "unknown".  I';m not advocating the P3, although powerlord';s footage has me impressed!  I say unknown because I never heard of the name until you posted it.

Out of curiosity, what price did you see it advertised as and where?
-rw-rw-rw-  –  The Number of the Beast

Revs

Here';s a review if anyone';s interested.. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2328279

EDIT: ... and another.. http://www.fpvguy.com/2015/01/yuneec-q500.html

QuoteOverall, the Q500 are more than the sum of the parts, its a simple easy manageable way for most people to get reasonable good incredible stable video, without having to pick up a lot of flight skils.  For that reason, I will call the Q500 "RECOMMENDED" with the reservation that the camera is going to be disappointing for professional users.

Friskle

Quote from: quadfather on Wednesday,May 27, 2015, 16:20:22
I';m still not sold, I';m afraid.  ;)

If you went with a P3 and the comparable camera it would cost you less.  For example with this bundle with the 1080p60 camera and a 2nd battery you';d have change for a case.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1138184-REG/dji_djp3awb_phantom_3_quadcopter_1080p_camera_battery.html

I guess the point I';m trying to make is that if I was to fork out a grand on an RTF model I would go with an established company rather than an "unknown".  I';m not advocating the P3, although powerlord';s footage has me impressed!  I say unknown because I never heard of the name until you posted it.

Out of curiosity, what price did you see it advertised as and where?

My sentiments exactly, to spend so much money on something relatively unknown would be the issue for me also, i would much prefer to go as you say, with something with more a well known name.
Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
DJI 450 frame + Naza M V2 = GPS
ZMR 250
250 Pro - Dys 2300kv motors , Naze32 Acro
300 Folding Frame sporting a Naza Lite + GPS

Sweet Pickle

http://www.wirelessmadness.com/yuneec-q500-plus-typhoon-quad-copter-with-cg02-camera-and-carry-case-yunq501artfuk?gclid=CjwKEAjws5CrBRD8ze702_2dyjYSJAAAJK9yizOiel_V_6wKUIbAAxSzL83MFE7wYKNNm7ZiSgflZRoCtQ3w_wcB

Just to clarify chaps, I';m not here to champion the cause for this RTF, it just so happened I stupbled across somevideos whist ambling around Youtube and it';s fair to say the majority of videos I watched had the owners wetting their pants in excitement.
Bizzarre how you end up getting sucked into these things, I was initially watching ImmersionRC Vortex videos which is another ball game entirely. Go figure.

Jake Bullit

Jonathon from rc flying UK has been reviewing the Yuneec:

http://youtu.be/qjENUmVaXUw
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Cloudbuster

Hi all.. The chap from our local model shop came out with us last week with one of these yuneec jobbies !!! For my two bobs worth it looks pretty cheapo and i wonder how easy it will be to get spares !!! (DJI where,s my P3 batteries aarrggghh ) having had a good day with the inspire a phantom 3 advance (only one battery aaarrggghh) and the yuneec jobbie i would buy the phantom 3 everytime. I know there are DJI haters amongst you but the phantom 3 ticks all the boxes and i cannot praise it enough. The yuneec seemed somewhat twithy and knowhere near as easy to use as the phantom. It reminds me very much of the walkera stuff !!! Bit like buying a skoda instead of a porsche !!! The biggest difference is the lightbridge as standard on the P3 the app on the ipad is just awsome and light years ahead of anyone else. I would spend the extra £100 and get the P3 advanced... Oh and the camera makes the gopro look rubbish !!!

Regards rob
life is too short to worry about what others think !!!

[url="//www.skynamite.co.uk"]www.Skynamite.co.uk[/url]

Yellow

Have to say I saw these guys at the gadget show. It looked cool from a distance, was a nice stand, but closer look the removeable gumball to use in hand seemed like a cool idea, but it was really jerky and like others have said, a phantom does blow it out the water.
Tough being a new company in this industry, I';m sure it';s perfectly capable, but it';s all catchup from the slick production dji have got to. But we know how fast their improvement has been from the okish p2 to this p3, so anything is possible