Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 23:34:03

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 22
Total: 22

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

first time the naza fail safe kicked in pretty scrary but she flew home safe

Started by sendtohim, Sunday,February 10, 2013, 10:55:57

Previous topic - Next topic

sendtohim

dji f550, still running standerd running gear, with auora 9 controller, 2 x 6000mah nano-tech, 1 x 8400mah nano-tech, 1 x 5000mah turnigy, carbon gimbal with Aeroxcraft landing gear, gopro 3 black edition camera, and to top it off LED's all round for night flying (has to be done)

Smeagol

That must take some nerve the first time, esp as it was away over houses and roads  :cool:

Is the return home speed controllable.

Loved the closing comment "you beauty"  ~~

sendtohim

lol i flew over the lake to find the misses as she went to feed the ducks with her niece but it went out of range, once its activated you cant switch to manual mode so you have to just watch and hope it lands safe  ~~
dji f550, still running standerd running gear, with auora 9 controller, 2 x 6000mah nano-tech, 1 x 8400mah nano-tech, 1 x 5000mah turnigy, carbon gimbal with Aeroxcraft landing gear, gopro 3 black edition camera, and to top it off LED's all round for night flying (has to be done)

Rudeboy

youcan swith back mate, once you think its back in range flick between gps/atti/manual and back an you regain control, I done this the other day when my failsafe unexpectadly kicked in, just make sure your throttle is above 50%.
My YouTube Channel
Rudeboy's FPV Facebook Page

sendtohim

ooo ok top stuff thanks i kept flicking the failsafe back and fowards but il give that a try next time  ~~  :crossfingers:

Smeagol

Cheers rudeboy, I assumed you could go back to control, nice to know for sure.

Jumpy07

Quote from: Rudeboy on Sunday,February 10, 2013, 11:31:52
youcan swith back mate, once you think its back in range flick between gps/atti/manual and back an you regain control, I done this the other day when my failsafe unexpectadly kicked in, just make sure your throttle is above 50%.

I found that out pure by mistake in panic mode...     clean pair of trousers later........ :-)
BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

XH558

I discovered it by accident too .... I was testing RTH in the garden and only sent it 50 yds away and switched into failsafe then watched, fascinated, as it went through it';s routine .... but on descending I realised that the first GPS ';fix'; was a bit off and it was going to land right astride the garden fence about 4 feet sideways from where it took off :blink

So I frantically started flicking switches in panic mode as it was still coming down and suddenly I had control but was not expecting it and had the sticks all over the place and it shot sideways and landed on the bungalow roof with a thump and then rolled down the roof pitch and tumbled onto the lawn  :o :o

Broke the landing frame and the camera mount ... so bought a new frame and now have a spare as only one was side broken and I had to buy a whole frame... that also encouraged me to build myself a better camera mount  :rolleyes:

So got away with it lightly but after that I realised you could do what is described above and take back control ... and... if it';s planned... it works fine  ::)  So now I';ve done several RTH and as it gets low I flick out of it and go off for another just to get confidence that it';ll do as its told  :azn

David :)
[url="//www.mh434.com"]www.mh434.com[/url]
[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]

Smeagol

Quote from: XH558 on Sunday,February 10, 2013, 14:06:02
So I frantically started flicking switches in panic mode as it was still coming down and suddenly I had control but was not expecting it and had the sticks all over the place and it shot sideways and landed on the bungalow roof with a thump and then rolled down the roof pitch and tumbled onto the lawn  :o :o

Love it - I just couldn';t write the script  :rofl:

sendtohim

shortly after the fail safe incident yesterday this happened  :cry but all is ok i knocked the naza gps ariel off but it stuck straight back on here gos watch out for the lamp post

http://youtu.be/o6-Z4EI5Sd0

XH558

OOOooo trying to ';buzz'; the ladies and that lampost jumped right out in front of you  :azn :azn

PS You fly very bravely from your home.. distance wise ... I daren';t fly more than 50 yds from the house ';just in case';    :whistling:
David :)
[url="//www.mh434.com"]www.mh434.com[/url]
[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]

Biffa

What amazes me about these urban FPV videos, is all the trampolines in the gardens :o
Steve

sendtohim

lol i certainly buzzed the ladies, if i fly without the goggles as long as i can see it i know i have control at night with the led';s on i fly even futher as i use green up front-red on the rear-and purple on the side that way you can see the direction your going but if it gos that bit too far i just use home lock and pull back and it comes towards me. again the naza software would save the day, im running quanum telemetry so i know what my lipo is at so when it gets low it beeps and time to fly home

teslahed

There';s some nice flying there are you';ve obviously got a good level of control over your vehicle.

I wouldn';t recommend flying over people, houses or cars though - definitely not at the height you are in the videos you';ve posted.

The DJI Naza is one of the better flight controllers available for multirotors but it';s still ';hobby grade'; hardware. It could still fail at any time for no apparent reason and when it does you can';t blaim the DJI people.

If you want to stay safe you would be better off flying over grass or wasteland where you can crash without necessarily hitting someone or their property.

And chasing those women down the road - whilst funny - could have gone horribly wrong in so many ways. The tabloids will have a field day with the first person to hit a member of the public with one of these thing and actually cause some damage.

It didn';t look like you got that close to disaster in any of the movies i';ve seen so far - but you';ve got to think what things will be like in a few years time when this stuff is even cheaper and easier to get in to and everyone wants to play with one!
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

sendtohim

:whistling: if you look after your equipment and maintain it right you wont get failures 8 years in the rc game and 2 years at sponsored professional level i know what is evolved in keep your rc gear maintained it was down to me for not having my glasses on and getting the angle alittle off by 2 inches.
its just a video to show people be careful and to say that that dji f550 it very robust and i recommend it to anyone as a hexcopter with the dji software

enjoy the videos guys and there plenty more to come in the near future as we will be out on the boat in the summer wakeboarding and kneeboarding and i shall be filming from above i hope.
its one big learning curve and we all learn from our mistakes (so please no more rants saying what we should do and what we shouldn';t) ~~

Biffa

In all fairness a failure can happen at anytime, probably even more likely now that you have crashed it. Loose solder joint, stress fracture - anything. Also hardly ';professional'; flying if you can';t see the model properly or buzzing people, kind of rich then saying it';s just a video showing people to be careful :hmm:

Also, if your going to post videos publicly then you can expect people to comment, no good moaning if you get called out on it';s content.
Steve

teslahed

Quote from: sendtohimenjoy the videos guys and there plenty more to come in the near future as we will be out on the boat in the summer wakeboarding and kneeboarding and i shall be filming from above i hope.
its one big learning curve and we all learn from our mistakes (so please no more rants saying what we should do and what we shouldn';t) ~~

My previous comment was about as far away from a rant as i could manage whilst still making the important points i thought needed to be made. We want to encourage new members to join the forum and they will see videos like yours without seeing the 8 years (including 2 professionally) that you';ve been flying to develop your skills and when they try and copy what you are doing it could all end in disaster.

There';s also the fact that the flying you were doing was probably technically illegal as well - but I';m not really bothered about that. I';m more concerned that new fliers might copy what they see in your videos and hurt someone.

Quote from: BiffaIn all fairness a failure can happen at anytime, probably even more likely now that you have crashed it. Loose solder joint, stress fracture - anything.

That';s my experience too. If you are buying cheap hardware from the far east then the quality control is variable - sooner or later something is going to fail. That';s why people with expensive cameras tend to fly octocopters.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

sendtohim

my experience is in rc 1/8 scale buggies and truggies and 1/10 touring cars nothing said about flying, just saying i know rc gear including all electrics etc and software and how to maintain it the hex was taken apart and all looked over after the knock on the lamp post and to me thats how it should be done.

Biffa

Oh so you';re not a ';professional'; flyer so no third party insurance or anything like that, good job it was only a lamppost you hit.

Plenty of us know how to maintain the gear we use, still doesn';t stop the unexpected failures though. Still, you gave it a look over so it';s all good :rolleyes:
Steve

sendtohim

pete-c

Hi

Really great shots, shows what can be done with a multirotor.Can';t wait to get my DJI f450 flying.

Regards

Pete
DIY H Quadcopter with mobius camera  DJI F550 hexacopterwith naza V2 and Firefly camera
DIY Tricopter with kk2.1.5 board
DJI 450 with APM 2.8 and Mobius camera

Cozp83

With out being rude, or getting into a he said, she said, argument; Fpv videos on youtube or any where on the net in built up areas are gonna be used by the powers that be to ban fpv.
SIMPLE.
there should be no debate or arguing
these videos along with stuff like TBS'; Tea time in london are gonna ruin it for all of us.
i fly all over my neighborhood and supermarket car parks, chasing people and cars ( which i admit is stupid) BUT you wont see me posting videos of it;)
If YOU can fly it, I CAN crash it.

MOFO64

That';s got to be one of the dumbest and most irresponsible videos I';ve seen yet. Not only are you delusional about your rc flying abilities, you also appear to be void of any sense of responsibility towards others. If you';d clipped that lamp pole and then hit one of those girls would you still have posted your video with the promise of "more to come guys"?

The fact you stand around trying to look "cool" to your neighbour with the "watch me stand here while my fancy toy lands by itself" stunt. Something no professional rc enthusiast with ANY decent amount of experience and maturity would ever dream of doing.

Best of luck with your professional rc career, with flyin'; like that you won';t be partaking for long :D

Naza V1 | 1040mm Quadcopter | 4x360kv | 4x 1565s | Zippy 5000mah 3S 30c | Hitec Optic Sport 6
My-Fly4 | 660mm M2M Quadcopter | 4x850kv | 4x1045s | Zippy 5000mah 3S 30c | Hitec Optic Sport 6

2.3m Global-hawk EDF UAV | Zippy 2200mah 4S 40c | Hitec Optic Sport 6

dp106

Quote from: Cozp83 on Monday,April 15, 2013, 13:51:44
With out being rude, or getting into a he said, she said, argument; Fpv videos on youtube or any where on the net in built up areas are gonna be used by the powers that be to ban fpv.
SIMPLE.
there should be no debate or arguing
these videos along with stuff like TBS'; Tea time in london are gonna ruin it for all of us.
i fly all over my neighborhood and supermarket car parks, chasing people and cars ( which i admit is stupid) BUT you wont see me posting videos of it;)
Well you said it yourself ;) Not posting your antics on YouTube doesn';t justify it, when you crash into a car / pedestrian it will have similarly detrimental effects on the hobby. And how do you know no one else is filming the event..

powerlord

My DJI flew into me last year - a connection to one of the motors got loose - it whipped out to the side and went into my arm and belly.

It cut 4 or 5 deep slashes through my t-shirt and skin about 1-2 inch long each of them - and deep - into the fat layer. My arm and stomach looked like I';d been in a knife attack.

You just proved how easy it is to have an accident by smashing into a lamppost - if it had hit those people it could have blinded them and would definately have scarred them for life (as I am now).

If you are not familiar with the UK ANO, I suggest you have a read:

http://www.bmfa.org/ANO/

The important parts here are:

- must not fly within 150m of congested area
- must not fly within 50 metres of any vessel, vehicle or structure which is not under the control of the person in charge of the aircraft.
- must not fly (d) subject to paragraphs (3) and (4), within 50 metres of any person.

stu
[url="http://www.youtube.com/powerlord69"]http://www.youtube.com/powerlord69[/url]

Biffa

The phrase "Fall on deaf ears" springs to mind for some reason :hmm:
Steve

fruitsalad

i go flying at a bit of wasteland near my house.
i always wait to get airbourne till i know dog walkers are at a safe distance..
SAFTEY FIRST..rule no 1......
dont grow up,just buy bigger toys!!!!

Cozp83

Quote from: dp106 on Monday,April 15, 2013, 15:31:12
Well you said it yourself ;) Not posting your antics on YouTube doesn';t justify it, when you crash into a car / pedestrian it will have similarly detrimental effects on the hobby. And how do you know no one else is filming the event..

totally true man;) now all my gear works perfectly and is setup itll be flying field only for me;)
If YOU can fly it, I CAN crash it.