Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,April 30, 2024, 04:56:40

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,196
  • Latest: Skyflix
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 18
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 12
Total: 12

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

CarbonCore Cortex YS-X4 ZeroUAV Build Thread

Started by CarbonCore Multicopter, Saturday,May 02, 2015, 15:35:22

Previous topic - Next topic

CarbonCore Multicopter

We';re going to build another Cortex with a flight controller called a YS-X4 YS-Series AUTOPILOT ZeroUAV. We';re not sure what order it reads in. And we';ve just opened the box and found only some small print in English. It looks like a big heavy thing like an A2 but the second box might be a wifi transmitter.

This flight controller was given to us by Malik at www.CopterSquad.com He says they work really well! And he has built a few multi-rotors and tried some controllers!
So we';re hoping this one will give good results right away. Right after we get some instructions.

As we';re at the beginning of a build, now';s a good time to decide what other things might go on this Cortex. It';d be good to get something for the canon or an adjustable gimbal that any hand held can go on. Or we might just do payload testing with this one.

CarbonCore Multicopter

Firstly we';d like to thank all our new customers who had ARFTs and flight tested RTFs, THANKS!
And secondly an apology to anyone who';s been patiently waiting for updates to this thread!
We';re going to try and get back to this thread asap!

In the mean time, here';s a video of a Cortex built by www.CopterSquad.com with a YS-X4 ZeroUAV Flight Controller and Malik';s own Copter Squad lighting system!

! No longer available

This Setup has a single 6S 7500mAh LiPo pack, and this RTF Cortex weighs 3.9Kgs, with that battery and without any payload.

We';ve always recommended to customers to perform the first test flights at the intended finished flying weight, so if the gimbal and camera are not being fitted right away, then an equivalent weight should be fitted instead. As the weight of the multi-rotor changes how it responds to the gain settings in the flight controller, and throttle changes of the motors and propellers. So tuning the multi to the final weight saves having to re-tune it again later  :smiley:

CarbonCore Multicopter

I';ve been getting into this!  :cool:

As if it';s not difficult enough providing customer support via phone, Skype video call cuts out when connecting the ZeroTech YSX4 Wifi data link to set it up...
And I';ve read the manual cover-to-cover twice and started getting bothered by it until... some kind customers let me know that it actually does not make sense,
and probably is not suitable for customer use.  And yet the YSX4 has been recommended to me as probably the Best FC for an X8 multi-rotor.

So once I';ve figured it out, there';ll be a document of probably 2 pages with everything that needs to be done, in the right order and how to do it...

bgroovers

Hi Cameron.

Keen to hear how your getting on with the Zerotech YZ x4 v2.

Any progress?

CarbonCore Multicopter

Hi,

From videos this FC looks like it works well and I';ve heard good things about it.
However I don';t find the setup procedure reassuring. I haven';t made sense of it just yet  ;)

It';s not that easy to do positive control checks on a multi-rotor before takeoff.
I can take the props off and tilt the copter in my hands to see which motors speed up and slow down,
and make sure they turn the correct ways, but until the props are on and it takes off, I won';t know.

Changing the flight mode changes how the LED blinks, if you can remember what it means when doing a test flight.
This is generally the same for all flight controllers - I';m not being mean to ZeroUAV - I can';t wait to fly it!

I need to go and find some recommended gain settings and be happy that the setup made sense.

martinjpainter

Quote from: CarbonCore Multicopter on Thursday,July 09, 2015, 17:08:23 I';ve been getting into this!  :cool:

As if it';s not difficult enough providing customer support via phone, Skype video call cuts out when connecting the ZeroTech YSX4 Wifi data link to set it up...
And I';ve read the manual cover-to-cover twice and started getting bothered by it until... some kind customers let me know that it actually does not make sense,
and probably is not suitable for customer use.  And yet the YSX4 has been recommended to me as probably the Best FC for an X8 multi-rotor.

So once I';ve figured it out, there';ll be a document of probably 2 pages with everything that needs to be done, in the right order and how to do it...

Did you document how to connect to the Ys-X4?

Bad Raven

Well, I applaud you trying for feedback on something posted seven years ago, and wish you well, but in this sphere, development was and is so rapid that three months is usually "a long time" and six months back is pre-history.

Sadly it didn't seem to be going too well in 2015 from the posts back then, and seems very doubtful its matured with age.

What do you have, and what are you trying to achieve?

Bad Raven

OK, found your other post................

Company is still around:-

https://www.zerotech.com

Current control system is Polaris.

From experience unless you get a positive response from them (and IMO that is doubtful) trying to progress that old a system is going to put you deep into a world of pain.