Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,April 23, 2024, 19:49:42

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,426
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 36
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 16
Total: 16

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

CC3D bank settings for newbie

Started by Roland Sausage, Monday,April 27, 2015, 20:13:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Roland Sausage

I';m fairly happy with my ZMR250 build now and it seems to hover and behave itself.

I';m stuck with what to do next.  I know the simple answer is FLY! but I have no idea if the settings I have stored from GCS are suitable for a sausage-fingered noob.

I used the ZMR250 preset - is this just the PIDs or does the preset include tweaked rates etc from the user who submitted it?  I';ve been playing around with a little Hubsan X4 until I got the ZMR so I suppose I need to make sure bank 1 is set to attitude at fairly tame settings, with bank 2 a little more aggressive and maybe bank 3 with rattitude and cruise control for when I get brave?

Does that sound okay? Can anyone provide info on suggested rates for pitch/roll and yaw with suggested expo etc? 

Thanks,

Jon

NorcoT

Hey Jon, just came across your old post, you';ve probably progressed from this since the post.

I was wondering the same thing, I think the ZMR250 present in OP has customised rates as well as PID. My EMax 250 Nighthawk seems to fly alright on this preset but I cant help thinking it could probably be better. Did you do any further tuning to it since?

Also I can thoroughly recommend rattitude and cruise control mode for some flipping fun! I put it on last month and went from having never flipped or rolled to flipping and rolling all the time :p I even got the courage to learn in rate mode too after gaining confidence of how quickly it can perform the flip.

Roland Sausage

Hey! I';ve not progressed much tbh.  I did add rattitude and cruise control but haven';t tried it yet. 

I';m currently set up as you saw in my screenshots.  I';m only using settings bank 1 but have my 3 way switch set for:

1.attitude
2.attitude with cruise control
3.rattitude with cruise control

I';ve got an old netbook up and running with GCS on so I can tweak in the field when we meet up.  I might need to up my max rate limit to get some flips and rolls on the go.  It';s currently at 300.  What are you set to?

NorcoT

I think my rates are set about 350 or 400 d/sec so just under a second for a flip. I went for a quick flight today and had it back on rattitude for a few laps, doing double flips [emoji14] went for a triple and ended up in the grass..

Make sure you set the rattitude limit to 90deg too if you want it for flips. Means you can whack the throttle to full and full roll and it does it all for you by cutting the thorttle when the quad reaches 90deg, and goes back to full throttle when its completed the roll. I was doing rolls today at just above head head and could have went lower.

Im learning to fly rate at the moment, but i think i need to do some PI tuning, so for sure we can do a meet up tuning session.

Can show you the rate of rotation too when we meet up. I think my rattitude mode is using bank 2 settings with high rates and my rate and attitude modes use bank 1 with lower rotation rates.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Roland Sausage

I followed the flips and rolls for n00bs guide https://forums.openpilot.org/topic/38524-flips-and-rolls-for-noobs/

I had my rates set to 500 as per the OP illustration but dropped them to 360.  I thought I';d gone down to 300 but just double checked everything with the new GCS install on my netbook.  360 is also recommended here: https://wiki.openpilot.org/display/WIKI/Rattitude+Mode (sorry if you';ve seen these already).

Is the rattitude limit the ';max angle'; in cruise control settings? I';ve got rattitude ';mode transition'; set to 80% stick throw.

Really looking forward to getting out for a play now  ::)

NorcoT

Yeh sorry my bad, i meant cruise control limit, not rattitude limit (theres no such thing).

Tip is to give it full throttle momentairly to give it some upward acceleration first before you crank the roll over to full, this should reduce the height you loose in the roll. Do it with some altitude first time too so if all else fails theres space to recover.

If youre not brave enough i can show you how my quad reacts when we meet up.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Roland Sausage

Cheers! If I';m out before we meet up I';ll give it a go!