Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,March 28, 2024, 11:56:23

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 30
Total: 31

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

TBS Discovery 1.4km and Back!!

Started by Rudeboy, Thursday,February 07, 2013, 18:59:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudeboy

For those that may not have already seen it on the other forums,

Out flying the discovery today with the intention of beating my 650metres, well i done that, managed to push out to 1.4km, still had perfect video and battery was good, maybe a third used so could go further, maybe next time but i';m happy with that!

Google earth pic using measuring tool

Video,

TBS Discovery 1.4km Out & Back!

Needing a new DVR so can record flight cam and OSD, also got more footage from today';s flights that I';ll edit and upload later tonight!!
My YouTube Channel
Rudeboy's FPV Facebook Page

eyeflying

Nice one! - what';s your Discovery fitted with (size /make of motors, props, battery, etc)?

neagron

Hi Rudeboy very nice,was that a Naza,welcome to the forum and I look forward to speaking to you when you return home,marty. :scotland: :scotland:

Rudeboy

Hey buddy, In the Air, motors are the 900kv TBS motors (Tigers), Props are RC Timer 9x5 carbon props, exactly same size and shape as graupner 9x5 e props but half the price and batteries are zippy compact 4S 4000mah, Vtx is the 5.8 long range immersion rc with skew antenna from flyn on fpvhub, gopro 3 silver for recording, sony 600tvl from security cam 2000 for FPV,  EzOSD/current sensor and EzUHF control

On the Ground, new imrc duo 5800 v3 with another skew from flyn and imrc 13dbi patch which is mounted on a pole in my backpack so when extended it sits about a metre or so above my head, can kinda see itin this snapshot,

My YouTube Channel

Rudeboy

Quote from: neagron on Thursday,February 07, 2013, 19:18:21
Hi Rudeboy very nice,was that a Naza,welcome to the forum and I look forward to speaking to you when you return home,marty. :scotland: :scotland:

Hey marty, yes mate thats the Naza, yeah mate look forward to meeting up when I';m back!! :scotland:
My YouTube Channel

Rudeboy

here';s a better photo of the antenna set up!!

My YouTube Channel

mickyt

Well done Rudeboy i hope to eventually get that sort of distance, can i ask where you got your antennas from and how much they were?. i have the fat shark spiro';s but i still get crappy video break ups even though i have the long range vtx. Jury is still out on ezuhf at mo as id need to change my tx spektrum does not play well with ezuhf so it may be a futaba tranny next if i go that route,
If someone throw's a stone at you throw a flower at them just remember to throw the pot with it.

Gaza07

[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

Rudeboy

Quote from: mickyt on Thursday,February 07, 2013, 20:45:47
Well done Rudeboy i hope to eventually get that sort of distance, can i ask where you got your antennas from and how much they were?. i have the fat shark spiro';s but i still get crappy video break ups even though i have the long range vtx. Jury is still out on ezuhf at mo as id need to change my tx spektrum does not play well with ezuhf so it may be a futaba tranny next if i go that route,

hey mate I got my Skews from forum member flyn on fpv hub, he makes them for £30 a pair, good quality and been reports of up to 1.7km on them! I';m also using the immersion rc 13dbi patch antenna, have skew and patch mounted on a duo V3 which is mounted on a pole so it sits about a metre above my head when flying!! 
My YouTube Channel

Rudeboy

mickyt, have you tried different channels with your antenna, I was only getting to about 350metres originally on the skews so spoke with flyn and hetoldme that unless otherwise requested he makes them all to 5800 which was channel 3 I think, i was running on channel 1, changed channel and bingo 650 metres no problem, could have easily went more but weather that day wasnt great!!
My YouTube Channel

mickyt

Hi rudeboy ill give that a go and see what happens hopefully this will work  i was thinking of the 5.8 dual diversity receiver but im still unsure of which way i intend to go do i stick with 2.4 tranny and 5.8 video or uhf and 2.4 video oh the choices lol.
If someone throw's a stone at you throw a flower at them just remember to throw the pot with it.

Jumpy07

Good one Rudi,

Not quite at that stage myself yet, sounds like we have near identical setups, so hopefully will follow in your footsteps

Thanks for sharing
BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

Rudeboy

Quote from: mickyt on Thursday,February 07, 2013, 21:28:02
Hi rudeboy ill give that a go and see what happens hopefully this will work  i was thinking of the 5.8 dual diversity receiver but im still unsure of which way i intend to go do i stick with 2.4 tranny and 5.8 video or uhf and 2.4 video oh the choices lol.

yeah micky I';ve got a 2.4 vtx, vrx and some skews also that Ive yet to try, its just I';ve spent that much now on the 5.8 set up that I';m reluctant to start over again with 2.4!!
My YouTube Channel

Rappy Freak

Good range fella.  Just got a set from Flyn as well soon really looking forward to getting the TBS   ;)
SkyNet shall rise!!!!!!

mickyt

The rate your going you';ll be hitting 2.5 km';s before long and we will all be playing catch up ~~

Rudeboy

Quote from: mickyt on Saturday,February 09, 2013, 01:17:38
The rate your going you';ll be hitting 2.5 km';s before long and we will all be playing catch up ~~

next step is 2km!! was hoping to do that today but busy all day so will have to wait til tomorrow!!
My YouTube Channel