Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 02:09:02

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 22
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 27
Total: 27

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

CC3D flips after crash

Started by MattyC, Saturday,April 11, 2015, 20:10:51

Previous topic - Next topic

MattyC

Hi all,

I have now had a few instances where after a crash my quad tries to flip onto its side. I know the props and motors are correct because it flew OK before the crash.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I have been thinking of changing to a naze32, but I will see if I can fix the cc3d first.

Cheers

Matt

MattyC

Also for the same throttle level the quad won';t always stay at the same height, I am not sure if this is normal.

F.P.V. Aaron

Hi mate, You might need to recalibrate Your radio settings in the op ground station ( stick movements ) , You can also check your gyros health on the op ground station. Let me know if that helps? :hmm:

Cheers...Aaron

GdLookinMingeR

Quote from: MattyC on Saturday,April 11, 2015, 20:14:19
Also for the same throttle level the quad won';t always stay at the same height, I am not sure if this is normal.
Due to power use
the same amount of throttle input may not be the same
as the full input at 1 min as the same input at 6 mins.

Reason I say that is 5 mins seems like nothing when your having fun
listening to the alarm after 3 mins wondering what its on about
i just got it in the air feeling!

Hope that makes sense.
Jay
Carbon Tricopter with KK2 mini because you have to own a Tri and Falcon Evo FPV (rebuild again) with fatshark 600mw vtx & pz2040 cam. New addition (hidden from the missus!) 250 quad.

MattyC

The change in height happens at any time during the flight. I will check the fc on ground station when I get some time. The problem only really happens after a crash it is like it knock the gyros out. The crashes I have aren';t that hard, the last one i killed the power and it fell into a bush, no broken props etc.

arturios

It';s cause the CC3D does not have a barometer. Your stick (throttle) control and you make up the barometer. Other more experienced pilots here helped with that bit of knowledge and it';s helped. As to the flipping, that may be a sign that there';s not enough power to lift the quad off the ground, like GdLookinMingeR stated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

james

Quote from: arturios on Sunday,April 12, 2015, 09:26:54
It';s cause the CC3D does not have a barometer. Your stick (throttle) control and you make up the barometer. Other more experienced pilots here helped with that bit of knowledge and it';s helped. As to the flipping, that may be a sign that there';s not enough power to lift the quad off the ground, like GdLookinMingeR stated.

Yeah, CC3D does just attitude stabilisation, not position/alt hold. Look to APM or similar if you want full position+alt hold.

The flipping - you say after a crash, are you sure that none of the motors or props suffered damage? Motor damage isn';t always visible, but you can feel it in excessive movement if you try to rock the casing (bearing damage, at least). Sounds like you might be pretty marginal on weight/mass, in any case.

MattyC

Hi all,

Thanks for your replys, i have checked all the motors, there is no free play in them and they all turn with about the same amount of force applied.

i have checked the settings on the board and they all seem ok, so i recalibrated the transmiter inputs.

i turned off the setting that zeros the gyros when arming the aircraft incase that is throwing up some problems.

just need the weather to improve so i can give it a test.

Cheers

Matt

arturios

Quote from: MattyC on Sunday,April 12, 2015, 13:35:33
i turned off the setting that zeros the gyros when arming the aircraft incase that is throwing up some problems.

I have thought of that but avoided switching it off. Instead I plug in the the battery and wait approximately 30 seconds for the gyro to stabilise before arming. Does the trick! ::)

_SYC_

I was having an issue where following a crash the quad wouldn';t hover like before, had to re level in the field using the GSC on the laptop and it was fine, seemed the bump messed with the gyro.
Also found tha one of the mounts for the board had snapped so whilst firm with the other 3, in a crash it would let the board move.
Hop that helps.
FC: Naze32 Rev5
Craft: TSX220 x2, TSX200,
Fatshark Dom V3
Taranis

Oakley

If it';s any help, I had some trouble keeping my CC3D level after I ditched it into the ground, i had to clear the firmware and run through the setup again to get it working as a simple level calibration didn';t work.
UAS Pilot at SKYLINK with PFAW