Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 19:02:44

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Argh! Clunk! Roll! Crash! My first crash!

Started by bunnygirl80, Sunday,February 03, 2013, 08:15:07

Previous topic - Next topic

bunnygirl80

Hi guys, well took my quad out for the fourth time yesterday and had my first crash. All down to headfree mode I think! Anyway, I decided the forums make the hobby (or is it a sport?) out to be easier than it really is and everyone always likes a photo of a good crash! Okay, mine isn';t a right off (luckily!) and I';m  sure you have more spectacular ones! We need more photos of spectacular crashes! ;o) A wise man told me once (we fly, therefore we crash) and another one of his favorite sayings was (there are two types of aircrafts, ones that have crashed and ones that haven';t crashed yet!). Take pride in your crashes, learn from them and smile! ;o) Stef
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. [url="//www.aerialworx.co.uk"]www.aerialworx.co.uk[/url]

guest325

Never mind; doesn';t look too bad - all part of the hobby; it was a wise man who told you that stuff. One of my favs is ';If you don';t crash you';re not trying hard enough'; ;-)
Yours lokks a bit like mine did after learning topiary :-)))

Smeagol

Well the wise old men on here say "buy plenty of props you will need them", there';s the proof.

Looks easy to resolve, hope theres no other damage.

What did you hit,  a tree or try to bury it.

Speaking of topiary Darrell, my first ever flight took it horizontal into a bush on take off, berries all over the place, missus calls the spider "automated shears" now.

neagron

Well Steff first crash with a quad and definately not your last,if your not crashing your not trying,not to bad Steff,look';s like only prop';s,your';s,Marty.

icedfusion

Another quote i heard whilst learning:

"Flying is the small amount of time you spend in-between fixing it."

I crashed two yesterday! My learner sport where I try all sorts of things to see if they will ';work'; (I lost a prop in mid air) - I then switched to my fpv and hit some branches which broke my wooden propellers!

No pics though!

ice.

ice.

Jumpy07

It happens to us all Stef..    you have some good flights.. you get cocky.. and gravity brings you back down :-)

PS: Hoover the carpet lol
BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

hibbo

I hit a tree today, was pretty windy, but the tree caught it nicely then it rolled all the way down through the branches and landed right way up, woot.  Much better than crashing into roofs lol.  Hope all is good, I';ve just ordered way more spares, think I';m gonna need them, and am now trying to dull my quad down as it';s a fair beast  :evil

mickyt

Hi Stef, join the club I';ve now spanked mine twice first time two motor';s three props and three arms :whistling: but it didn';t take long to get it back in the air second time was just three prop';s  ~~. I dare say ill spank the TBS when I sort the thing out and it fly';s.

May it get well soon lol ~~
If someone throw's a stone at you throw a flower at them just remember to throw the pot with it.

Gaza07

That';s a fair bit of spanking in there Micky  :rolleyes: you got something to tell us  :whistling:  ~~
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

marckatzenmaier

Well, i got my first crash on video. And like in most cases pilot error : did not check props well.

http://youtu.be/xZbWVHEKR-8
dynam hawksky, Ripmax MX2 v3, Stm FW190, F16profile EDF, HK parkjet, ASK21, bixler 2, blade MQX, quad SM450v2 multiwii, spider quad apm, wltoys v272

mickyt

If someone throw's a stone at you throw a flower at them just remember to throw the pot with it.

VinHex

They happen look like it made it through..   ~~
Vin,

HEXACRAFTER HC650, DJI WKM, DJI DataLink 2.4Ghz, 4S DesirePower 6200, Aeroxcraft Landing Gear, Xaor 12x6 Pre-Balanced-Props, Spektrum DX8, AR8000 Receiver
TM1000, Fatshark Attitude SD, Sony Exview Had II CCD 650 Line Sony Effio-E, DJI iOSD, Hexacrafter Brushless Gimable Fat-S Spironet Antenna