Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 21:09:05

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 23
Total: 23

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Interesting in the wind

Started by Rappy Freak, Saturday,February 02, 2013, 18:16:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Rappy Freak

Been out for a fly today with Mike and the wind made it interesting.  It even moved the the camera position lol.  In the end we had a sort spell with lower winds so I thought go for it.  Got the Discovery setup for FPV and off I went.  Well........never FPVed the Discovery before today and it was very interesting  :whistling:  The Discovery is like a sports car compared with the Scorpion.  Not most effect flight ever, but did not crash lol.  Lots more stick time needed me thinks.  Still need to watch the video back  ;D
SkyNet shall rise!!!!!!

eyeflying

I';ve also been out with my Discovery in what were really quite windy conditions today. A friend has just bought a Phantom and he was desperate to take it on its maiden flight but I was a bit apprehensive due the strong gusts. However, he insisted so off we went...

My Discovery was a bit twitchy but overall, it performed well. I did have a few issues with holding my altitude though. For some reason the Naza wouldn';t play ball - I think it could have been caused by moving from the warm indoors to the cold air outside - maybe it upset the barometer. Anyway, I fought the altitude changes and the flight went reasonably well despite an increasing wind - probably 15mph gusting to 20mph.

Anyway, my mate then fired up the Phantom - launched it into the ever increasing North Easterly and I waited for his new toy to get blown into the distance... but it didn';t... it just sat there, glued to the spot - about 10ft off the ground. Then he whipped it to about 50ft - same again, it just sat there, dipping it nose slightly to fight the oncoming wind.

After a several circuits of our flying field, I';ve got to say that the Phantom really impressed me. Basically, it stuck up two fingers to the wind and flew as if there was no wind at all - a very impressive piece of kit and great if you want something that';ll just fly, with no fiddling or tweaking - its a great confidence booster too.

Wind? - what wind?

guest325

It has to be said that the biggest problem with wind is yourself not your model, but I have to admit that a well set up multi with all of the goodies makes things much easier.
I';ve flown my Wot4 foam-e in up to 30 mph gusts, it was very interesting to say the least and landing was fun but not impossible. Glad you survived unscathed and enjoyed it!

Rappy Freak

Defo will need to fine tune a few settings for wind.  Next time will stick to LOS in wind until I get a bit better at FPV with it  :laugh:
SkyNet shall rise!!!!!!