Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Wednesday,June 03, 2020, 10:23:38

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

badger1:
02 Jun 2020 22:09:18
TBS Source One frame with 7" arms
badger1:
02 Jun 2020 22:09:02
my guess was bang on the number - just out on the units!
LiamHowe89:
02 Jun 2020 21:48:33
Just a bit out from your initial guess then  :laugh: What kind of frame do you fly with?
badger1:
02 Jun 2020 18:52:22
shoutbox doesn't like ampersands for some reason
badger1:
02 Jun 2020 18:51:54
and it was more like a 100m fall  :o
badger1:
02 Jun 2020 18:50:36
lol - checked my logging
badger1:
02 Jun 2020 11:52:29
@Liam - no, absolutely fine.  had another couple of flights with it afterwards -  :laugh:
LiamHowe89:
01 Jun 2020 21:23:22
Ouch! Any breakages?
badger1:
01 Jun 2020 19:55:02
failsafe from 100' into a cornfield  :angry:  thank fck for telemetry!  :smiley:
LiamHowe89:
29 May 2020 11:00:54
Banggood fairy for me... tonne of new standoffs  :laugh:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 198555
  • Total Topics: 20018
  • Online Today: 20
  • Online Ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 18
Total: 19

Theme Changer





thumbnail

3d - Printworx

Printing 3d Forum

Twister Mini Quad : o )

Started by bunnygirl80, Thursday,January 31, 2013, 20:14:09

Previous topic - Next topic

bunnygirl80

I';ve recently purchased a Twister Mini Quad. It';s a superb little piece of kit for learning. You can even fly it outdoors. It';s available in mode 1 and 2 and the best thing is, its only £45.

There is no setting up required and four modes from beginner to aerobatic where you can do flips!

If you want to add a little panache'; you can always go hunting around Tesco';s for a clear yoghurt pot for a new authentic proper quad look!  :rofl:

Have fun, highly recommended!  ~~
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. www.aerialworx.co.uk

neagron

Hi bunnygirl,I have the MQX which is very similar,in all my year';s of modeling its the best £100 ive spent,Marty. :scotland:

bunnygirl80

Hi Marty,

Do you have any pictures or links which might be useful for others? I must admit I haven';t heard of that one. I only really bought it due to it';s sub £50 cost. Would love to see what yours looks like.

Stef
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. www.aerialworx.co.uk

neagron

Hi Stef,have a look in the micro/mini quads section of the forum there';s quite a lot written about in,Marty. :scotland:

DarrellW

Thursday,January 31, 2013, 22:22:14 #4 Last Edit: Thursday,January 31, 2013, 23:16:02 by DarrellW
I';m thinking about getting one, my Hubsan is mode 2, I fly Planes and my 450 quad mode 1 so have to think when I';m flying quads - I can';t seem to find anyone selling the Twister mode 1 but can get the MQx bnf to go on my dx6i - it';s a bit of a quandry!
I am naturally ambidextrous so it does help but sometimes brain/thumbs co-ordination is less than perfect!
I think..........I think I am........therefore I am.............I think!

pheasant_plucker

Quote from: DarrellW on Thursday,January 31, 2013, 22:22:14
I';m thinking about getting one, my Hubsan is mode 2, I fly Planes and my 450 quad mode 1 so have to think when I';m flying quads - I can';t seem to find anyone selling the Twister mode 1 but can get the MQx bnf to go on my dx6i - it';s a bit of a quandry!
I am naturally ambidextrous so it does help but sometimes brain/thumbs co-ordination is less than perfect!


Convert it to mode 1 then
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23446706&postcount=11

The only hard bit will be the spring on the stick but if like me you fly finger and thumb and actually hold your stick properly then it won';t be an issue.

Gerry
The man serving me in the canteen said "Look, You can see the face of Jesus in the Margarine" The Asian guy next to me replied "I can't believe it's not Budda"
http://www.namfc.co.uk/pictures/fly.gif

bunnygirl80

I got mine from Steve Webbs if that helps. They did have a few in stock at the time!

http://www.stevewebb.co.uk/
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. www.aerialworx.co.uk

DarrellW

Quote from: bunnygirl80 on Friday,February 01, 2013, 07:26:02
I got mine from Steve Webbs if that helps. They did have a few in stock at the time!

http://www.stevewebb.co.uk/

Thanks for the heads up Stef, pulled the trigger just now - Mode 1 Twister on the way.
::)   :beer2:
I think..........I think I am........therefore I am.............I think!

miniflight

Quote from: pheasant_plucker on Friday,February 01, 2013, 07:24:13
Convert it to mode 1 then
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23446706&postcount=11

The only hard bit will be the spring on the stick but if like me you fly finger and thumb and actually hold your stick properly then it won';t be an issue.

Gerry


Yes I';ve tried that the electronic bit is ok to do but the mechanical bit ..ie unsoidering the sticks from the board would be a problem...ask me how I know !!! :banghead:

bunnygirl80

Quote from: DarrellW on Friday,February 01, 2013, 12:22:37
Thanks for the heads up Stef, pulled the trigger just now - Mode 1 Twister on the way.
::)   :beer2:


Hi Darrel,

Oh! Super. Let us know what you think and how you get on. I was surprised today as I saw a Twister being flown outside. It seemed quite manageable and something i didn';t previously consider.

Stef
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. www.aerialworx.co.uk

DarrellW

Twister arrived and maidened tonight in my lounge - have to say it';s a bit big for in the house but not impossible!
You get a lot of model for your money with this but I think the Hubsan is perhaps better built, time will tell. Will report again when I';ve had a better play with it!
I think..........I think I am........therefore I am.............I think!

p1uke

Hi, how are you all getting on with the twister.

I have the mqx, my 4 year old son has had a go today with it, its his birthday in a couple of weeks so I was thinking of getting him a twister quad as they are half the price of the mqx.

DarrellW

Quote from: p1uke on Saturday,February 23, 2013, 17:48:17
Hi, how are you all getting on with the twister.

I have the mqx, my 4 year old son has had a go today with it, its his birthday in a couple of weeks so I was thinking of getting him a twister quad as they are half the price of the mqx.

Getting on fine with mine, excellent value for money - but don';t buy any of the standard batteries for it £8.99 each from most model shops - £1.75 each from Hobby King UK warehouse 1S 600 mah and a better C rating, more punchy. But be careful they foul the standard canopy - get a clear yoghourt pot like Stef, much better!
I think..........I think I am........therefore I am.............I think!

p1uke

Defo value for money, I payed nearly 100 for a bnf mqx quad.

Looks like they use the same battery as the mqx, if they do I already will have a few batteries.

Thanks mark.