Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,March 29, 2024, 11:29:33

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 28
Total: 28

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

tries to flip on take off

Started by deano, Friday,February 27, 2015, 11:38:34

Previous topic - Next topic

deano

Cant figure out why my quad tries to flip on take off.
cc3d on a qav250 clone frame. Ive had it flying then i swapped everything to a fibreglass frame to practice with.
every thing is in the same place nothing was unplugged.

Any ideas?
dji f330
q450 hk clone
3 whitesheep

JAB1a

Quote from: deano on Friday,February 27, 2015, 11:38:34
Cant figure out why my quad tries to flip on take off.
cc3d on a qav250 clone frame. Ive had it flying then i swapped everything to a fibreglass frame to practice with.
every thing is in the same place nothing was unplugged.

Any ideas?

Sounds like you need to check your motor directions and your props directions again, check and double check, so easy to get something mixed up in a huge change up like you have done. Good luck  ~~

deano

Props were left on. And motor are soldered to the esc and the esc is soldered to a overcraft pdb plate. Nothing has moved.
dji f330
q450 hk clone
3 whitesheep

agrs1974

Flip usually means that the board is facing the wrong way. Is the arrow on the board facing forward?

Hope that helps
Taranis x9d plus
Mavic pro with Dji Goggles
Shendrones 5" (new build)
Hglrc 145mm
Bqe pixel
Happymodel Mantis 85

deano

The board is in the same place. Usb facing the rear
dji f330
q450 hk clone
3 whitesheep

Revs

Are you absolutely sure you got the motors/ESCs in the same position after the transfer? It does sound very much like something got put in a different position. I can';t think of owt else other than checking that it';s still calibrated properly.

deano

200% sure. Everything is soldered. The only bits i changed is the bottom plate and the arms
dji f330
q450 hk clone
3 whitesheep

quadfather

Did you confirm that all motors spin the correct direction and that the props are appropriate for that direction?

I know you said it';s all soldered.  It has to be that or the board is rotated.  I can';t think of anything else, TBH.

[attachimg=1]
-rw-rw-rw-  –  The Number of the Beast

Revs

Quote from: deano on Friday,February 27, 2015, 14:20:27
200% sure. Everything is soldered. The only bits i changed is the bottom plate and the arms

I meant you could have both the motor and ESC in a different position, as in; the motor and ESC from arm 1 fitted to arm 2 for example. All it would take is an accidental swapping round during the transfer. Easily done.. I know, I';ve done it! :p

deano

Nope its impossibe to do that all esc are soldered to the overcraft pdb its tge same size and shape as the middle and bottom plate on the qav250 clone frame. The only other thing ive noticed is front left motor (motor 1) seems to spin faster than the rest ive tried re calibrating them and setting the speed with the sliders but nothings changed
dji f330
q450 hk clone
3 whitesheep

quadfather

To get this straight in my head, you took the PDB with attached FC and ESCs and put it into a fibre glass frame?

If you also replaced the arms, can you check that none of the mounting screws touch the motor windings?

deano

Yep thats correct motors soldered to esc and esc soldered to pdb

. Thats the only otherthing thats crossed my mind. But im at work so cant check.
dji f330
q450 hk clone
3 whitesheep

quadfather

Quote from: deano on Friday,February 27, 2015, 15:18:23
Yep thats correct motors soldered to esc and esc soldered to pdb

. Thats the only otherthing thats crossed my mind. But im at work so cant check.

Please let us know when you check.  I';m curious about this one.

deano

Thinking about it atleast 2 of the motors were getting hot. To hot to touch for long than a few seconds
dji f330
q450 hk clone
3 whitesheep

flybywire

Quote from: deano on Friday,February 27, 2015, 15:23:53
Thinking about it atleast 2 of the motors were getting hot. To hot to touch for long than a few seconds

Ouch!  Sounds like a short somewhere.
I was going to suggest going through the ';New vehicle setup wizard'; again, It can';t do any harm, and will, if nothing else, confirm that all is set up as it should be vis-a-vis motor position etc, but after your last post, I';m not certain that it would help.
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

Revs

Yeah that';s not right, they should be warm after a fly but not hot. Are all the motors running freely. No stiff/lumpy bearings?

I think we';re homing in, here...

When it';s trying to flip, is it tilting in the direction of the hot motors?

deano

one motor wasnt as smooth as the others. But its was flying fine.

I think it was tilting i that direction
dji f330
q450 hk clone
3 whitesheep

bazzerh

my friends had similar problems. we think its cos he calibrated his escs, not sure if all escs should be calibrated? his are the favourite simonk 12a that philtrum sells. it was hovering fine and poodling around fine but when he pumped the gas it wanted to flip the quad.

when we had it on the bench yesterday you could hear one motor was spinning faster than the others at full throttle. when u came to zero throttle it took a good few seconds longer to stop than the others. we went in to the gcs and limited the signal so it sounded and acted like the others.

not had a chance to test our rough fix yet as hes having spektrum radio issues now.
Round By Round Qualifying and Finals For All.

it just makes sense

deano

The other is out tonight so ill be uninterupted. So i should have a good chance of sorting this out.
dji f330
q450 hk clone
3 whitesheep

deano

made some progress. its seem to be a short somewhere causing the 2 right motors to lose power they still spin but not fast. ive got it to hover then something happens and the rights side drops
dji f330
q450 hk clone
3 whitesheep

Revs

I';d say the next thing to do is to swap the motors around (not the ESCs), 1 with 3, 2 with 4. If it goes the same way you know it';s the ESCs.

deano

so far so good i re soldered the motors to the esc and ive been flying/ crashing in the bed room broke around 8 pros but flying

big thanks to every one who replied
dji f330
q450 hk clone
3 whitesheep