Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Wednesday,April 24, 2024, 08:08:21

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 17
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

FPV question

Started by Biffa, Wednesday,January 30, 2013, 17:34:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Biffa

I have a budget FPV set up consisting of FS Aviator goggles, 100mw and 600mw TX, and a Sony Super HAD camera.

I have it wired using a 2 cell LiPo but with the camera fed directly from the same LiPo to avoid heat build up on the TX.

Works fine in the kitchen goofing around pestering the dog, moving around the house and stuff but as soon as I step outside it suffers with loads of interference and if fitted to any form of flying thing would render it useless and is the same with both TX';s and both the standard and spironet antennas.

However if I take it a little further up the road to an open area with no buildings and it seems to be OK and I guess would be flyable. I have no idea of possible range as my son was moaning about running with the camera looking like an idiot and how cold it was :wack0

So my question is this: Is this a downfall of flying near buildings and other junk you find in a built up area or could this be down to a particular component? Like the RX in the goggles perhaps.

Any input will be gratefully received. If you want more specific info or pictures I will be more than happy to oblige.

Steve

Jumpy07

I take this is 5.8ghz tx ?

Normally the ImmersionRC / Fatshark TX kit runs off 3s batts balance lead..  if you using 2 cells it wont be enough voltage  ?.. same for Chineese Tx';s..  require @12v

Also make sure u set the channel to 5.740 ghz as this is the channel least like to get or give interference.

Flying near other sources of radio rf is an issue.. as it near buildings.. but with 600mw and spiros you shouldnt be having too many problems..

Onboard the multi.. if you dont use the balance lead LC filter from the Fatshark kit.. then install a good LC filter

BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

Biffa

Quote from: Jumpy07 on Wednesday,January 30, 2013, 17:42:49
I take this is 5.8ghz tx ?

Normally the ImmersionRC / Fatshark TX kit runs off 3s batts balance lead..  if you using 2 cells it wont be enough voltage  ?.. same for Chineese Tx';s..  require @12v

Also make sure u set the channel to 5.740 ghz as this is the channel least like to get or give interference.

Flying near other sources of radio rf is an issue.. as it near buildings.. but with 600mw and spiros you shouldnt be having too many problems..

Onboard the multi.. if you dont use the balance lead LC filter from the Fatshark kit.. then install a good LC filter

Cheers Jumpy, Yes it';s 5.8gHz.

I got the goggle and TX';s used and as such there is no lead to fit a LiPo balance plug, any chance you can provide a link to the item?

In the mean time I';ll chuck it all on a 3 cell and see what happens. The LC filter did cross my mind but this test was done with it not fitted to the quad.

Thanks for the info ~~
Steve

Jumpy07

BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

Biffa

Quote from: Jumpy07 on Wednesday,January 30, 2013, 18:50:09
There is one on Ebay  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fat-Shark-ImmersionRC-Filtered-Balance-Lead-Power-Adapter-FPV-orangeRX-uk-/190728997647?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item2c68558b0f
Just noticed that it can be used with 2S/3S.. so scratch my previous comment re: voltage..

Thanks for that. I';ll still try the set up on 3';s and see what happens. Always worth a shot.
Steve

Biffa

Seemed a little better on a 3 cell to be honest so there may be something in what you said :hmm: but it was a little too cold and windy last night to draw any real conclusion but it sure looked like I got less signal loss.

Hopefully I';ll get out to test again in a while.
Steve

Balders

almost sounds like your antenna';s are not making proper contact in either the vtx or vrx to me.  You';ve not got a female-female connection going on anywhere?
Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified
[url="//sbaps.co.uk"]Sbaps.co.uk[/url]

Biffa

Quote from: Balders on Thursday,January 31, 2013, 11:28:24
almost sounds like your antenna';s are not making proper contact in either the vtx or vrx to me.  You';ve not got a female-female connection going on anywhere?

Both sets of antennas have male SMA into female on the TX';s and RX fitted in the goggles so nothing out of place there.

I have just taken them back up to the field and my helper got a fair distance away and no degredation or interference until he dropped out of my line of sight as the path dips off from level a little and after that was only the trees and and other bits and bobs in the way that caused any problems.

So I am guessing once fitted to my quad and up in the air with clear line of sight between the antennas I will be good to go :cool:

I had no idea though that buildings in close proximity would cause so much problems with reception. That scuppers my idea of sitting in the garden in the summer and buzzing around the neighbours houses :whistling: :wack0

I seem to remember reading somewhere about ';signal reflection'; could this be that?
Steve

Balders

It';s called "multipath interference" and is common with whip antennas near any surface, be it a wall, building hedge whatever.

CP antenna';s do alleviate the vast majority of these problems, but I imagine if you are fairly close to the transmitter, the bounced signal may be strong enough to have an influence.
Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified
[url="//sbaps.co.uk"]Sbaps.co.uk[/url]