Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,May 10, 2024, 10:12:49

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Members
  • Total Members: 8,197
  • Latest: bluebat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,428
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 21
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Go Pro HD Black OR Sony NEX 5R

Started by bunnygirl80, Tuesday,January 29, 2013, 20:56:56

Previous topic - Next topic

bunnygirl80

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had considered the Sony NEX 5R instead of the Go Pro. The Sony seems to have better specs and it';s very light. It has a large image sensor and the ability to change lenses if needed for different shots!

Taylor Swift - NEX5R Commercial for Sony

User review of NEX-5R compact camera from Sony: Packed with useful new functions

What do you think?

Stef
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. [url="//www.aerialworx.co.uk"]www.aerialworx.co.uk[/url]

mickyt

Well I';m going to with the nex5 if I build another hex and stick with gopro on the TBS Discovery I';ve only got the hero2 not the 3, the fish eye effect is ok but if you want proper pic';s its got to be Nex5
If someone throw's a stone at you throw a flower at them just remember to throw the pot with it.

bunnygirl80

Hi Mick, Yeah, that what I thought. I';ve looked at a lot of YouTube vids of the GoPro and NEX5 series in similar settings (i.e. action shots) and the NEX wins all the time.
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. [url="//www.aerialworx.co.uk"]www.aerialworx.co.uk[/url]

mickyt

Yeah the gopro is an action cam designed to take a fair bit of rough handling, but if you going to be flying a hex or quad and you want good quality images then you need a proper camera and the reviews for the Nex5 sells it its perfect for our hobby. ~~
If someone throw's a stone at you throw a flower at them just remember to throw the pot with it.

QuadBod

Hi Stef,

Seriously? Absolutely no comparison. If your budget can stretch to the NEX5R, I wouldn';t even consider a GoPro! I have a Sony HX9V (and a GoPro Hero2) but if the 5R had been available, and the budget would have stretched, I know what I would have got!

Matt.

Balders

Agreed. I don';t own one, but looked very seriously at the Nex7 for my photography stuff.
Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified
[url="//sbaps.co.uk"]Sbaps.co.uk[/url]

shaktar

Yeh it is a nice camera but at a price. I would just be worried about it on my Hex.

Saying that my all time goal is to get a 5D MkIII in the air :D
[url="http://www.facebook.com/TMadeImages"]http://www.facebook.com/TMadeImages[/url].