Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,March 29, 2024, 13:06:53

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 24
Total: 24

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

A Story of Success

Started by hibbo, Tuesday,January 29, 2013, 20:27:23

Previous topic - Next topic

hibbo

This makes a nice change for me as I have only been on here asking about this and that.

Since I got my quad it seems I have had nothing but issues as some of you may know of lol.  Tonight it all got sorted out.

My quad used to bounce around all over the place and was "A Pig to Fly", I put this down to vibrations, poor props and rubbish motors, and then a missing cir-clip on one of the motors which lead to a crash.  Well for some reason I always had a hunch that the PID';s had been scrambled when I originally had problems trying to connect the bluetooth to WinGui. 

It turns out that the "P" on my pitch and roll and was up at 8.1 instead of the default 4, so it was forever trying to balance itself out and over shoot then back and so and and so forth.  It was never stable at all.

So after I butchered an old motor and used the cir-clip and bearing that was missing from the quad, re-set the multiwii defaults, switched her on and it hovered straight away in my living room, woo hoo.  A word to the warning, DO NOT FLY INSIDE WHEN YOU HAVE A COAL FIRE, it sucked the smoke right out of the fire and filled the room lol.  So out into the windy darkness I went, onto the drying green amongst the snow patches and various washing lines at head height.  It was so easy to fly especially when your last flying memory was of the Esky HoneyBee.

I';d like to say thank you to everyone here and happy flying.

Hibbo

Jumpy07

Good news Hibbo... always good to get to the bottom of something that';s been bugging you for a while.
BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

Gaza07

Excellent news Hibbo  ~~ the smoke being pulled into your room made me think that people with gas fires should be careful as it may well end up pulling all the fumes out of the fire and filling the room with carbon monoxide which can lead to death  :blink  ~~
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

hibbo

As a Biomass engineer you think I';d know better lol.  You';re right about the gas fires tho, only the old open flued ones, but I think you';d have to leave a Quad on for a long time.

guest325

Good news, well done - nice to see things getting sorted.
In the Fires front, you shouldn';t get CO from any modern gas fire, they are fitted with a device called an oxypilot - this will turn the burner off if there is not enough oxygen available for the fire to burn clean.

KK1W

I';ve been following your trials and tribulations but being new really couldn';t have much help to offer. So glad to hear it';s up and hovering like it should  :smiley:

I think something like your coal smoke episode would get me banished from the house! :whistling:, who me?

I follow a few of the quad groups but this one universally seems to offer the most ';real'; help of them all. Thanks to all the folks who are always willing to spend some of their time helping others :beer2:
Jim/KK1W