Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,April 23, 2024, 16:09:23

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,426
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 36
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 24
Total: 24

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Release 15.01 is now out - new feature GPS Assist

Started by Hands0n, Wednesday,February 11, 2015, 17:51:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Hands0n

See full details here: https://www.openpilot.org/new-release-15-01/

GPS Assist Setup documentation is here --> http://wiki.openpilot.org/display/WIKI/Revo+-+GPS+Assist+Mode+Setup

Primary new features in this release:
GPSAssist: GPSAssist / Assisted Control provides assistance functions on top of existing flight modes. GPSAssist is the first assisted control option available from OpenPilot. GPSAssist supports Attitude and Rattitude flight modes (making it the first of *any* flight controller capable of gps assisted acro flight) and activates braking and position hold when the pitch/roll sticks are centered. Attitude/Rattitude may be flown with any of the current thrust modes (manual, cruisecontrol, altvario).

GPSAssist for the PositionHold flight mode also introduces a braking sequence when first entering this flight mode and introduces altvario as the thrust mode.

Video of GPSAssist – http://youtu.be/A-F-jQjOcgM

Read full details and instructions for GPSAssist in the project documentation.

Auto reboot: A new feature that allows you to rescue, update,and erase settings while never unplugging your board.

GPS Assist:
GPS Assist is your "helper" while flying.  When you center your transmitter sticks while in flight, this mode will automatically enter into Position Hold, in effect, "pausing the action" and letting you swat that bug, wipe the sweat from your brow, or chase off the dog that';s licking (or chewing on) your leg.

Edit: Added GPS Assist Setup URL
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

Dino

Thanks for the heads up Danny, downloading now!

_SYC_

Will this work on the CC3D I';m still very confused as to what GPS functionality the CC3D has. There';s talk about lack of on board memory for it to work like most systems and seems it';s used more for antenna tracking than anything else.
FC: Naze32 Rev5
Craft: TSX220 x2, TSX200,
Fatshark Dom V3
Taranis

Hands0n

All of the documentation says that the the GPS functions only work on the OP Revo flight controller.
--
Danny

Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

arturios

I have been trying for weeks to get Mini Me to run on Debian Wheezy, even enlisting the help of the guys on the Debian forums. Seems one of the dependency lib6 files that GCS required was newer than the one in Wheezy. Tried all sorts and ended up using LinuxMint to get it to run. OP says they have improved the .deb installer file [* [OP-1666] – Tidy deb package] - I';m hoping this means they have made it backward compatible. I like Debian cause its a rock solid OS and I want to use it as my ';in the field'; ground station. Will install this update on my Debian lappy and test.

Hands0n

@arturios - If you really get stuck and have to play such shenanigans to get stuff working you could try intalling Vagrant on your Debian box.  That way you can spin up a LinuxMint VM on demand just to run quirky stuff like the GCS issue you had.   When done just use "vagrant destroy" to chuck the VM away.  Each time you use vagrant you get a nice fresh VM each time (if you want).

Apologies if you already know about vagrant.
--
Danny

arturios

Thanks Handson... No I didnt know about vagrant, although I had considered running a VM environment. The Tablet I was planning on running it on is a Dell Lattitude ST:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Dell-Latitude-ST-LST01-Tablet-MID.70382.0.html

Really quirky tablet even on Windows. Ubuntu was just plain rubbish although Mint seems fine. Wouldn';t want to do VM on it cause I';d just be pulling my hearing hair out  :rofl:

I have a test eSystem lappy thats running real nice at the moment but will need to get a battery if I want to take it out in the field.

Thanks for the heads up on Vagrant ::)

arturios