Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 19, 2024, 16:43:37

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 34
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 22
Total: 22

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

OpenLRS & Orange Tx/Rx - UHF

Started by Jumpy07, Saturday,January 26, 2013, 16:19:34

Previous topic - Next topic

guest2350

in firmware flasher, did you choose the orange rx or hawkeye 1w? I flashed with orx and im getting " EEPROM data not valid or bind jumpper set, forcing bind"
EDIT: forget that!
I was trying to configure the rx, I flashed the tx and configured that and it told me there was no need to configure the rx.. I think its done lol.
ive change the frequence to 459050hz, you think that';s ok?

camerart

Hi,

I hope I can but in with my question.

When programming orangeRX openlrsng as TX, all of the information mentions a buzzer, but there is also an LED flashing.  Do I need to have a buzzer to program them or can I just use the LED as guide?

Cheers, Camerart

teslahed

Quote from: jamie16v on Tuesday,April 22, 2014, 23:29:30 ive change the frequence to 459050hz, you think that';s ok?

You shouldn';t be using just 1 frequency. You should have it set to a range of possible channels around 459mhz with as many channels as you can possibly fit in the UK legal frequency ranges with a 5mhz separation between channels.

QuoteWhen programming orangeRX openlrsng as TX, all of the information mentions a buzzer, but there is also an LED flashing.  Do I need to have a buzzer to program them or can I just use the LED as guide?

Yeah you don';t need to use a buzzer it just helps with certain circumstances, including beep on signal loss if using the telemetry backlink and beeping to let you know when you are trying to bind.

I bet you can add a simple 5 volt buzzer to the pins on the receiver used as a transmitter with a little work though to get your transmitter beeping away when it should.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

guest2350

Hi Chris, I do have it hopping between 6 frequencies I believe lol

teslahed

More would be better. Try to fit in as many as you possibly can.

camerart

Quote from: teslahed on Wednesday,May 28, 2014, 11:27:20

Yeah you don';t need to use a buzzer it just helps with certain circumstances, including beep on signal loss if using the telemetry backlink and beeping to let you know when you are trying to bind.

I bet you can add a simple 5 volt buzzer to the pins on the receiver used as a transmitter with a little work though to get your transmitter beeping away when it should.

Hi Teslahed,

I want to use the OrangeRX openLRSng as TX and RX to send data a short distance with no RC Transmitter.  I hope to inject the data into the PPM pin on the TX and receive it similarly on the RX.

I have tried openLRSng 3.0 3.2 and the latest one, but can';t get either module to try to bind.  i,e, flashing LEDS (No buzzer) TX board selected 3 but I';ve tried 2. I';m using a short from signal to GND on CH3, while connected to a transmitter PPM and GND CH4 (Not sure if this is necessary)

I have the larger TX unit that fits inside a Transmitter, that works, but is jittery (Added for information only)

Cheers, Camerart.

guest2350

How are you trying to bind the modules?
Hold the bind button while turning on the tx from what I remember gets these bound?

camerart

Quote from: jamie16v on Wednesday,May 28, 2014, 13:33:55
How are you trying to bind the modules?
Hold the bind button while turning on the tx from what I remember gets these bound?

Are you replying to me, Camerart?

If so, I';m using two of these: attached.

They don';t have BIND button, but need a jumper across signal to GND on CH3.  I';ve tried with one, but no joy.

Cheers, Camerart.

guest2350

I see, you';re using two receivers and using one of them as a tx.
Ok, I just assumed you were using a tx module.

camerart

Hi Jamie,

Yes, I';m using two modules the same, but with one programmed as TX and one RX.

This isn';t working for my purpose, I think because the normal set-up uses the PPM signal to bind them together.  I want only one channel, that doesn';t need to be bound, just transmit from one to the other.

Cheers, Camerart.

Shadowhelo

Anyone had any issues where they could bind using the TX, i think the bind button may be broken but not sure ?

Thanks Josh

guest2350

Quote from: Shadowhelo on Monday,June 23, 2014, 14:50:03
Anyone had any issues where they could bind using the TX, i think the bind button may be broken but not sure ?

Thanks Josh
have you flashed the latest firmware on both the rx and tx?

guest2350

anybody had issues connecting to their tx module via some ftdi chips?
I found the cause of the problem I was having and you may have the same issue if you`ve cut a slot in the case to connect while you have the modue plugged into the tx.
the problem I has was that the 5v jumper pin was touching the ground of the sma antenna connector when it was pugged in through the slot.
I just cut the 5v pin off from the ftdi chip and it works every time for me now.  :laugh:

teslahed

The Orange coloured openLRSng receivers and transmitters are only rated to 3.3 volts. If you use 5 volt hardware to interface with them you run a very high chance of frying them.

Most FTDIs can be altered to run at 3.3 volts so i';m hoping everyone has done this and is aware of this fact already. Just mentioning it again in case.

camerart

Hi,

Is there a simple way of referring to the different modules, like the ones I posted in #127 and the orange coloured ones so we know which one is which?

Camerart.

nub

has anybody tried this? i';m thinking i might give it a go with my dx7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZf7DFfca9c
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

guest2350

I was going to mod my dx7 but didn';t have the heart to hack it up. I just bought a 9x in the end and glad I did. Flashed it with er9x and it works great.
I';m now tempted to get a taranis but it';s probably no need for the moment, the 9x works just fine.
I think I am going to put the money from selling my dx7 towards an antenna tracker instead  ::)

nub

ach might just bite the bullet, if it works, it works if not ach well :laugh: suppose i may have to consider another Tx but i love ma trusty old DX7.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

guest2350

Quote from: nub on Tuesday,September 02, 2014, 17:33:09
ach might just bite the bullet, if it works, it works if not ach well :laugh: suppose i may have to consider another Tx but i love ma trusty old DX7.
I';m sure it will work. You need to mod the radio too though!

Biffa

Quote from: nub on Tuesday,September 02, 2014, 17:33:09

I was going to do mine this way, seems easy enough ~~

http://www.fpvmanuals.com/2011/03/17/interfacing-spektrum-dx7-to-either-dragonlink-ezuhf-or-tlrs/
Steve

nub

yup that';s to get a better signal from the trainer port, there';s a good chance i will have to do this, but i will also have to mod the orange openlrs tx like in the above video.

i did think about going with a ezuhf system but its going to cost to much unless i can get it cheap 2nd hand.

Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

dp106

Hi guys, decided to jump on the UHF band wagon and my Orange OpenLRS TX and RX finally turned up after ordering on the 20th November!

I went through downloading Arduino and the FTDI driver before I found Chris';s post about the Chrome app - doh!

Using the Chrome app I';ve now flashed the rx and tx. I';ve bound them together and set it up on my Taranis.  So far all looks good, I';m on default settings so far though so I think I need to change them to be uk legal.  Has anyone got the settings I need to set up through the Chrome app?  Do I need to configure it for RSSI or is that output by default?  I can';t see anywhere to configure telemetry, which I want to enable so the tx will squalk when the signal is low?

I must say how easy it was to set up with the Chrome app, a lot easier than I was expecting it to be.

camerart

Hi Dp,

Plug TX into the Chrome app then connect.  I changed mine like this: Uk Legal frequencies.  Best check to make sure none of the frequencies are conflicting with others. (If you look at the spectrum analyzer, and watch for a while to see if there is anything local). Also check there is a Bind code. Save to Eeprom (Bottom right)

Cheers, Camerart.

dp106

Would this be a good set up? I have set it to hop between 19 channels randomly between 458500 and 459500.