Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 27, 2024, 01:27:43

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Naze-m-Lite - Naza-m-V2 arming and motor test problem

Started by jackson.arw@gmail.com, Thursday,February 05, 2015, 08:59:07

Previous topic - Next topic

jackson.arw@gmail.com

Morning all,
I have a quad with a brand new Naza-m-lite upgraded to V2 by the magic internet method.

Quad used to run an APM board just fine and all I have done is change the APM and GPS for the Naza and GPS.

The Naza fires up and configures just fine, sitting outside it gets GPS OK, changing from manual-atti-gps changes the lights so all good there. Problem is that I cant get anything out of the motors either with the Motor Test or arming the thing. I have checked and tried :-

Plugging each esc into the RX individually, calibrating it and checking it spins the motors, which it does.

Checking the Naza input config is correct TAER and the 2 switches for flight mode and direction hold. Everything is going the right way and on the right stick/switch.

Changing the motor start-up speed higher in increments up to the highest - made no difference.

Any ideas ?

--

Im suspecting the ESC - they are RCTimer 30a running SimonK F/W.

Im thinking of replacing the ESC with either 30a Afros, or one of the 4-in-1 jobbies - http://www.giantshark.co.uk/product/322597/25a-4-in-1-multirotor-simonk-esc.

Halp ...

Adrian

deano

dji f330
q450 hk clone
3 whitesheep

fruitsalad

dont grow up,just buy bigger toys!!!!

DarkButterfly

Quote from: fruitsalad on Thursday,February 05, 2015, 09:16:03
calibrated radio in naza software ??

Once the radio is calibrated and flight modes set up, you need to disconnect the naza from the PC before you can arm it. :smiley:
Why use 4 motors when you can use 6?

YouTube channel
[url="https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386"]https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386[/url]

jackson.arw@gmail.com

Thanks fellas - the radio is calibrated, and its disconnected from the PC when trying to arm. I';ve even cleared the model on the Taranis - made a new one, and tried that. When connected the motor test wont work tho.

As mentioned all the radio inputs go the right way :)

Regards

Adrian

fruitsalad

just a thought but prob not...
are your esc wires the correct way in the naza ......ie black or brown wire is at the top..

jackson.arw@gmail.com

Yes they are - all the signal wires are towards the bottom of the Naza. Thanks :)

DarkButterfly

Quote from: jackson.arw@gmail.com on Thursday,February 05, 2015, 09:59:09
Thanks fellas - the radio is calibrated, and its disconnected from the PC when trying to arm. I';ve even cleared the model on the Taranis - made a new one, and tried that. When connected the motor test wont work tho.

As mentioned all the radio inputs go the right way :)

Regards

Adrian

I just thought of something, reconnect it to the PC, then go to RC tab, do the arming sequence, all the sliders should go to the left or right, if one doesn';t, then reverse it by clicking the norm/Rev button next to the channel.

:smiley:
Why use 4 motors when you can use 6?

YouTube channel
[url="https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386"]https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386[/url]

jackson.arw@gmail.com

Thanks mate - when I do the arming sequence all the sliders move to the left. Ive checked individually that TAER all go the correct direction :)

Regards

Adrian

fruitsalad

hows the throttle trim,centered or at its lowest point..
try putting throttle trim to lowest point on all flight modes,then re-calibrate the radio in the naza assistant...

jackson.arw@gmail.com

Theres no trim added, I have tried arming at full downward trim to no avail. Haven';t calibrated with full trim tho will give that a go.

TAER sliders are all green amd move +/- 1000 in each direction.

Motors dont spin in motor test no matter what tho :(

Regards

Adrian

Chami82923

A couple of suggestions/ things to try,

Do your motors beep when you connect your battery?

The Naza is designed to work with opto esc';s, you may need to disconnect the positive wires from the Naza. (Had to do it on mine with the Afro esc';s) you can get away with it with some esc';s.

To arm the motors you put both sticks to bottom middle (I think bottom outside also works) if you have inadvertently reversed your A or E channel your arming corners could be messed up? Try left stick bottom right, and right stick top left (or top right) to arm.

My money is on needing to pull the esc wires (I just pop them out of the connector and tape safely to the wire). As you have set up a quad before it';s unlikely you have got the controller setup wrong.

Good luck,

Callum
LF 330 with naza & GPS,
Hubsan X4 & Q4
Mini H-quad with naza m lite.
F550 with naza m lite
Diatone Silverline racing 250 (cc3d)

jackson.arw@gmail.com

Thanks Callum,
the ESC do beep when power is connected and I do have both the +ive and -ive wire removed from the ESC wires connected to the Naza - this is the same setup as on the APM I used previously. Does anyone know if the -ve wires are needed or are as surplus as the =ve ones ?

Have tried the arming options specified here :-

http://www.dji.com/product/naza-m-lite/feature

Regards

Adrian

jackson.arw@gmail.com

Tonight I';ve reflashed the ESC with the latest SimonK f/w, reconnected the -ve wires to the ESC connectors, set the throttle trim as low as possible and recalibrated in the Naza S/W.

None of this worked and I still cant test the motors or arm the thing ... Guess I';d better get the wallet out and get some more ESC.

Thanks for the help.

Regards

Adrian

Rafter

Have you tried what Chami82893 suggested =
To arm the motors you put both sticks to bottom middle (I think bottom outside also works) if you have inadvertently reversed your A or E channel your arming corners could be messed up? Try left stick bottom right, and right stick top left (or top right) to arm.

jackson.arw@gmail.com

Thanks Rafter,
I';ve tried all that. Both to the bottom middle, both to the bottom outside, both to the bottom right and both to the bottom left as per the DJI instructions :-

http://www.dji.com/product/naza-m-lite/feature

I think my problem is more fundamental as I cant motor test either ...

Regards

Adrian

Matt101

Hi Adrian

I did the same to my lite today. I have the Taranis too and, as yours has, it would not arm on sticks in. Now I have gains Low/Med/High set up and if it was not on High gain it would not arm so I would have a look at your gains and see if they need bringing up. As soon as I set mine to High it works every time.

Matt

GdLookinMingeR

Quote from: jackson.arw@gmail.com on Thursday,February 05, 2015, 21:46:29
Tonight I';ve reflashed the ESC with the latest SimonK f/w, reconnected the -ve wires to the ESC connectors, set the throttle trim as low as possible and recalibrated in the Naza S/W.

None of this worked and I still cant test the motors or arm the thing ... Guess I';d better get the wallet out and get some more ESC.

Thanks for the help.

Regards

Adrian
Awesome that you flashed the firmware on the esc ! But did you do the basic esc calibration again? Not the one in naza software!
The manual transmitter calibration plugging into the throttle channel and setting the upper and lower throttle limits ?

Easy mistake to make. Ask me how i know ?  :hmm:
and to arm the naza with simon k i have had to up the setting to high in the naza software.

esc guide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF-PYTE-Mnw

Hope it helps
Jay
Carbon Tricopter with KK2 mini because you have to own a Tri and Falcon Evo FPV (rebuild again) with fatshark 600mw vtx & pz2040 cam. New addition (hidden from the missus!) 250 quad.

jakiberg

Quote from: Matt101 on Wednesday,February 18, 2015, 23:10:15
Hi Adrian

I did the same to my lite today. I have the Taranis too and, as yours has, it would not arm on sticks in. Now I have gains Low/Med/High set up and if it was not on High gain it would not arm so I would have a look at your gains and see if they need bringing up. As soon as I set mine to High it works every time.

Matt

Hi Matt
i have the exact same problem on a NAZA hexa i just asembled... .. - is it the gain levels  in the dji software [basic] -> [gain] that needs to be upped a bit? - -per default they are at 120 to 140%
what does the new settings need to be ?

Or am i completely off?
BR Jacob

manuc0

Hello

I have the same issue with the NAZA V2, cannot arm motors....
Last post suggest to increase the gain , does any one tried and did it solved the problem ?

Thank you

Friskle

Calibrate each ESC seperately, eg, remove all ESC`s from the Naza, and place then in the RX one by one and recalibrate the throttle range, then reconnect them all to teh Naza.

the positive wire only needs removing if its a Switching BEC ESC, so if linear, they dont need to be removed, but no harm doing it if you think you want to.

the gain values, have nothing to do with arming it.

Also make sure your throttle low endpoint is a slight minus value before calibrating.

Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
DJI 450 frame + Naza M V2 = GPS
ZMR 250
250 Pro - Dys 2300kv motors , Naze32 Acro
300 Folding Frame sporting a Naza Lite + GPS

bikerbiker

hi all
been at the semaphore last 2 days nighthawk 250 took the cc3d of that was flying ok but a little unstable put nasa lite on it what a pain in the ???? set it up on dx9 and dx6i
same on both help also needed is it because i am using the esc from the nighthawk
roger

Danred1

Had the same problem with my naza try putting the sticks to centre on the radio. Then power cycle the naza
Regards Dan

cbterry

FWIW, I found that rapidly clicking the individual motor buttons could get the motors to spin up momentarily.

GdLookinMingeR

If you have rapid esc such as simon k or blheli
then you need to turn up the motor idle speed to high before
the multi will arm hope it helps.
Jay
Carbon Tricopter with KK2 mini because you have to own a Tri and Falcon Evo FPV (rebuild again) with fatshark 600mw vtx & pz2040 cam. New addition (hidden from the missus!) 250 quad.