Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 20, 2024, 11:38:59

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 22
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 16
Total: 16

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Crius MultiWii SE - Quad Initial Setup Guidelines

Started by bunnygirl80, Tuesday,January 22, 2013, 22:20:52

Previous topic - Next topic

bunnygirl80

Hi,

I';ve recently ordered a new Crius AIOP FC thinking that my existing Crius MultiWii SE FC wasn';t good enough! But, today I watch a couple of videos on YouTube and see quads with the Crius MW SE successfully Position Holding PH within a meter or two and also working successfully with Return to Home RTH and Altitude Hold within 2 meters. This isn';t too bad and a lot better than what I';m getting!

My quad has only been out three times and flies okay whilst under my control, but as soon as I let go of the sticks it drifts to the right and forwards. The last time I took it out, it was purely to try and sort out the auto level and position hold. I';ve tried landing, disarming, throttle top and opposite control, but it doesn';t seem to help and seems to change each time I take off.

My question is... "Is there a guide or guidelines on how to setup the quad for good level without drifting?". I read about doing ACRO mode first, then LEVEL, etc. But, nothing concrete. I think the Acro Mode is when all options are turned off and I did this with the trims of the TX, then i switched to Level Mode and landed and did the stick thing I explained above. It seems a little better, but seems to lose the settings each time I land and change batteries! I think!

Also, is there anything else which I need to setup?

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Stef
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. [url="//www.aerialworx.co.uk"]www.aerialworx.co.uk[/url]

Gaza07

Hi Stef do you balance your props they can cause drifting if out of balance  ~~
they all kind of drift a bit and temperature can affect the esc';s
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

bunnygirl80

I haven';t balanced the props, I will certainly do that! Let';s get the nail varnish out!  ::) Do you do this the same as I do for my planes? with a prop balancer? I read somewhere about removing two adjacent props and putting them on power to see how much vibration and add tape to the prop to test.

Do you think the Quattro AIO ESC will still be affected by temperature?

It seems to drift a lot a lot more than props and ESC would account for! I think! Also in Position Hold it just doesn';t hold and drifts and never hovers and hold.
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. [url="//www.aerialworx.co.uk"]www.aerialworx.co.uk[/url]

KK1W

Quote from: bunnygirl80 on Wednesday,January 23, 2013, 21:21:21
I haven';t balanced the props, I will certainly do that! Let';s get the nail varnish out!  ::) Do you do this the same as I do for my planes? with a prop balancer? I read somewhere about removing two adjacent props and putting them on power to see how much vibration and add tape to the prop to test.

I use the same balancer I use for my planes. I';ve always sanded material off the back side of the heavy blade but whatever works and stays on should be fine. I know it isn';t as good as some of the balancing methods but I feel it is much better than what they started out like. The cheap props I received from RCTimer were very much out of balance.
Jim/KK1W

QuadBod

Let';s get the nail varnish out!  ::)

Interesting.

Do you do this the same as I do for my planes?

Erm... not exactly. But I lie your thinking!

bunnygirl80

Hi guys, well, many many thanks for the advice. I balanced all the props today and wow what a difference. I hovered a meter from the floor in the living room with virtually no hands on the sticks and wow sooo nice! I am well happy! Very very little drifting. The props were from rctimer and they were way off and needed loads of balancing! I should have filmed it all! Oh! Well, at least I don';t have to dust and hoover this weekend! Ha!

Okay, next thing is sorting out the GPS and SONAR, but I';m not sure if these can both be connected in series on the Crius SE! Ideally I want to use both at the same time. I have a HC-SR04 which is not supported in the MW firmware, but I';m on the case and already have it working on my development board. So, going to start looking at changing the MW code over the next few days. ;o) Stef