Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,March 28, 2024, 15:47:26

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 23
Total: 24

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

CC3D setup

Started by Gav, Sunday,January 11, 2015, 15:26:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Gav

I';ve just been setting up a cc3d on a mini quad but noticed the assistant software (open pilot)was not always saving settings.  Anyone else noticed?  I mean when adjusting the stabilisation banks for example and hitting Save, when reloading or going out for a test flight, the thing hadn';t actually saved the settings at all.

One set of props smashed as it went into manual  but I';d actually saved it as rate mode.  Hmmmmmmm

Also when reconnecting the expo graph has reset to default too?

quadfather

I only noticed settings not sticking when I unplugged the board too soon after hitting save.  :shrug:
-rw-rw-rw-  –  The Number of the Beast

bazzerh

Have you got save settings in real time checked? If so uncheck it. I usually click disconnect before pulling the usb out but don';t think it';s actually necessary. In your experience I';d definitely plug it all back in again after changing anything to be sure it';d saved. Try clicking save twice before doing unplug as well
Round By Round Qualifying and Finals For All.

it just makes sense

Friskle

i noticed this happening with mine, once i had updated to v4 bootloader, its been fine ever since.
Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
DJI 450 frame + Naza M V2 = GPS
ZMR 250
250 Pro - Dys 2300kv motors , Naze32 Acro
300 Folding Frame sporting a Naza Lite + GPS

Gav

cheers all for the replies.

currently loading open pilot on a different computer and will reflash the sucker.

cheers
Gav

Gav

Well re flashing the boot loader v4 worked for a while.  I mean I was able to adjust setting briefly.  But then I was locked out again without being able to save adjusments.  maybe I';m not allowing enough time for it to update the board before I click on something else?  I';ll try again later in the week.

bazzerh

i have found some issues with the GCS as well, namely it not working at all on my windows 8.1, it just crashes. it used to work but not anymore

got an old decrepit notepad that runs linux and it all works perfectly, albeit slowly

totally gave up on running it on windows after a couple of hours on the forums.

it just makes sense

Friskle

I wonder if it does not like something somewhere, as i put the GCS on my Win 8.1 Asus Tablet, and it has not messed about at all, yet on the main PC, which more everything, it has its moments at packing up....weird.
Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
ZMR 250

bazzerh

i mght try it again tomorrow, got a lot of spare time after a minor op to mess with things right now! it was temperamental before i upgraded to v4 but now windows just throws a wobbly (technical term) and crashes the gcs as soon as i plug in the cc3d.

couldn';t find a lot of info about it at the time so just abandoned it after a few reinstalls. something about a driver but as far as my very limited knowledge goes it doesn';t need any drivers to communicate via the usb to cc3d?

i really am useless at computers though, i can copy instructions to solve stuff but if there aren';t any thats game over  :frantic:

it just makes sense

flybywire

I must admit, I use my Mac for most things hobby-wise, although there are one or two apps I use that only run on Windows, so I dual boot to Win7.  Of course, I cross myself several times and say three hail-Mary';s whilst doing so of course.   ;)
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

Gav

well - setting it up with USB power only seemed to work.  I mean not powering the esc';s and receiver with the main lipo just USB supply to the FC only.  At least I was able to adjust the gains and flight mode switch allocation and save to the FC without issue.  Green Tick when clicking on SAVE yipeee

Friskle

i always just plug the USB in now to alter anything without main battery connected, think it works alot better that way.
Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
ZMR 250

flybywire

Of course you do need the main flight pack connected to use the vehicle setup wizard and calibrate etc.
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

Friskle

yes, if re-doing the wizard or recalibrating the TX, then you need it, but for most general changes you dont.
Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
ZMR 250

Gav

Yes that';s true and it does seem to allow you to do that once after resetting the bootloader. Then after the wizard is done it would seem to be best to use Usb power only. 

Maybe a timing issue when the receiver is communicating with the FC at the same time as having Usb connected?

Anyway at least there';s a way around it.  USB connected ONLY for adjusments / pid tweaks

WetSparks

I';ve had some weird problems with flashing my CC3D. After the ';upgrade'; the board just sat there with the blue light slowly flashing and nothing else. I couldn';t connect to it, not even using STM32. In the end I disconnected every thing from the board, bridged out the boot pins and powered it, just the power light came on, nothing else. Then I unbridged the pads and re-powered the board and to my surprise it works like a treat, all upgraded and everything. Strange  :shrug:

arturios

I too had a weird experience upgrading to 15.01. The first time I had the transmitter controls on screen doing weird movements and had to go through the process again from scratch. works perfectly fine now. Also seems that the best thing is to give time to processes to complete before power cycling and just to be safe disconnect everything, including the lipo too.

Dino

Quote from: arturios on Monday,February 16, 2015, 12:00:34
I too had a weird experience upgrading to 15.01. The first time I had the transmitter controls on screen doing weird movements and had to go through the process again from scratch. works perfectly fine now. Also seems that the best thing is to give time to processes to complete before power cycling and just to be safe disconnect everything, including the lipo too.
I had transmitter dramas after updating also, although I was also setting up with the Tananis & D4R-II for the first time and put it down to me doing something wrong.

Thinking about it, I didn';t really do anything with the setup to fix it, it just seemed to work after about the 3rd or 4th (maybe more) iteration of me going through the setup wizard, recycling power and disconnecting and reconnecting the board.

arturios

Quote from: Dino on Monday,February 16, 2015, 13:27:31
I had transmitter dramas after updating also, although I was also setting up with the Tananis & D4R-II for the first time and put it down to me doing something wrong.

Thinking about it, I didn';t really do anything with the setup to fix it, it just seemed to work after about the 3rd or 4th (maybe more) iteration of me going through the setup wizard, recycling power and disconnecting and reconnecting the board.

Basically, it seem when doing the upgrade, everything has to be redone

Pinx

Quote from: arturios on Monday,February 16, 2015, 12:00:34
I too had a weird experience upgrading to 15.01. The first time I had the transmitter controls on screen doing weird movements and had to go through the process again from scratch.

I have this very problem now, when i move the sticks, on the screen my throttle stick is jumping all over the place, instead of mirroring what im doing on the RC.

arturios

Make sure you do a FC firmware update/upgrade, then run through the wizard setup for both FC & Tx. Whatever the issue its all gone now.