Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 16:16:29

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 34
Total: 34

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Flying, Rules and Regs for all RC Model Aicraft, Multis, FPV and Commercial

Started by Jumpy07, Monday,January 05, 2015, 15:21:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumpy07

Hi William,

Think we met at the Scottish Airshow..  I was on the ARPAS stand with Matt
BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

RPAS

HandsOn, thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

The NATS RPAS website will shortly be complete, and once this is the case, may I seek your advice as to where best to highlight details within MULTIROTOR UK?

I feel it is important to mention that I agree entirely with your comments. There will be many hobbyists keen to learn more details on exactly what the current regulations, and any proposed changes, will mean for them. I myself fly multi-rotors and large petrol 3D fixed wing aircraft, and future regulatory changes have the potential to affect both domains.

I therefore share your passion that the hobby, in whatever format, must survive in a sustainable manner. Therefore working with the CAA and other bodies, NATS are keen to promote safe operations thus preventing knee jerk reactions which would risk the very source of why the growing domain of RPAS, (Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems), have become so popular.

I will keep you up to date with any developments and look forward to speaking with you again in the future.

Kind regards

William Brown

rpas@nats.co.uk

UAVAir

Hi William

Glad to hear of another NQE that is also looking for responsible, drone pilot operators be that commercial or recreational.  Just out of curiosity are you NATS the Air Traffic Control Provider or the Commerical Offshoot of that?

Kind Regards
Aleks

Hands0n

Hi William

Thank you for the follow up information. It will be good to see the website when it is up and running.

I think that the appropriate place to put the formal posting about this topic would be here --> http://www.multi-rotor.co.uk/index.php?board=90.0  Permission For Aerial Work, NQE';s and UK Training 

That section contains a lot of the info around CAA, RPQ, BNUC and so on.  Once you';ve posted we can sticky the post so it is always prominent and additions to that thread will be easy to locate.

If you';re not sure or want some help at the time just drop me a PM on here and I';ll be pleased to assist.

Regards
Danny
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

RPAS

Thank you for all your help Danny.
Aleks, we are indeed NATS, (National Air Traffic Services), the UK';s ANSP.
Kind regards
William Brown
Rpas@nats.co.uk

Area21

CAP 393 166 (4)

Can someone please confirm I am reading the CAP 393 / 166 / (4)  correct regarding sub 7 kg aircraft mass.

The person in charge of a small unmanned aircraft which has a mass of more
than 7kg excluding its fuel but including any articles or equipment installed in or
attached to the aircraft at the commencement of its flight, must not fly the
aircraft:

Does the word Fuel mean Lipo Batteries?  Becuase if this does then by taking away my 3kg batteries, modifying a few unnecessary non safety components on my SkyJib X4, Switching to a ligher camera and gimbal, I recon I would be < 7g.

Interesting.
[url="//www.skycaptain.co.uk"]www.SkyCaptain.co.uk[/url]

Jumpy07

BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"