Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,May 10, 2024, 20:16:04

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Members
  • Total Members: 8,197
  • Latest: bluebat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,428
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 21
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 14
Total: 14

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

FUTABA T9C TRANSMITTER FOR FPV

Started by Gav, Friday,January 11, 2013, 10:40:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Gav

FUTABA T9C
Just posting this as a helpful thread providing a nice transmitter option for anyone looking to go fpv and wanting to get some kind of moderate range (1.5km - 2.5km usimg 2.4GHz in my case) and failsafe RTH in place.  (this is only based on my journey into FPV and should not be taken as Gospel  :cool:)

It is well posted in other forums over the last year or so as FPV has become popular, that this is a great transmitter for FPV and still seems a good choice to go for. You can pick one up around the £85.00 - £100.00 mark (2nd hand) delivered and in my case it came with a 2.4GHz module.  If you sell your old tx then the outlay is not very much (that';s what I kept telling myself anyway).  I doubt I will use the 35MHz option but it is still an amazing transmitter with quality feel and look.  Programming is great with the big display and easy to navigate options.

Here are some photos of the tx and 2.4GHz module:

I love the side variable sliders which I will use for my camera gimbal (I don';t need to take my fingers off the sticks to adjust the gimbal  ~~).  The 3 front adjustable knobs are great for being able to adjust the gyro gains on my Naza in flight too.

As for failsafe I will need to replace the module and receiver on the model.  I will keep the FASST 2.4GHz module so I can still go back and fly other models with futaba receiver or until I swap out all receivers.

Again a well doumented module + receiver  option for FPV and the one I will be using will be:
FrSky DF 2.4Ghz Combo Pack for Futaba w/ Module & RX - http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=14354
With a spec range of 1.5 - 2.5km this will be great and as I dare to go further out, I know I will have the margin for this distance.  My knees are knocking just thinking of flying more than 500m.
I like to keep things simple as possible, so will not get too involved with the telemetry options however I will use the failsafe on the receiver to knock the Naza into RTH if radio signal is lost.  Also the FrSky module will also start to beep at me if radio signal is getting weak, alerting me to turn around.  Other information can be sent back too such as rx voltage, speed, direction etc but that';s for another day. To add, this is the D8R-II PLUS recevier which can do these telemetry options mentioned - do not get it mixed up with FrSky V8R4-II 2.4Ghz 4CH Receiver which does not have telemetry.

EzHUF modules are another option for long range link but gets more expensive.  Using UHF you can then use 2.4GHz for video link.  Sooooo many options.

Hope this is of some use to some and thanks for letting me share   ::)

edited -  photos corrected

Ross

Yes...a very nice transmitter. 
Looks exactly like the 9CAP/9CHP.  Had one  for a few  years now ...Also have a gizmo made in the US by a modeller (FPV man), that plugs in to the receiver and converts 2.4mhz to 35 at the RCVR end -  getting around the clash of model  control 2.4 and the 2.4 for video transmitter  (at that time).... ( or it could be the other way around)  cannot remember as I drifted off FPV some time ago!!...
it';s an age thing..... memory... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Another type I have is the Futaba Robbe  F24 for marine use.  Converted to 35mhz and useful with slider controls (proper sliders) for various add ons.  Apparently these are  able to have stuff added on in modules that can give a whole stack of functions above the usual....gets a bit expensive tho'; :laugh:
Let's be careful out there.
SAFETY is.. NO accident.

KK1W

I';ve had the Futaba 9CHP for quite a few years now and have been very happy with it. I have both 50 MHz and 72 MHz FM modules and the (now discontinued) Spektrum 2.4G module. I';m just getting into quads (working on my first one now) and plan on using the 2.4G Spektrum module.

FWIW I';ve bound a 7 channel Spektrum RX, hooked it up to an APM 2.5 and everything looks fine in Mission Planner. One thing though - don';t forget Futaba is backasswards with the throttle channel - you';ll have to reverse it so it works correctly. I set up one of the 3 position switches without issue. I';m hoping for my maiden within a week or so - a lot depends on the weather here in the NE this winter.
Jim/KK1W

Gav

Sorry you';re not allowed to say Spektrum in this thread oh noo I said it myself DOH

Well happy with the Futaba T9CHP. 

KK1W

Quote from: Gav on Friday,January 11, 2013, 19:03:10
Sorry you';re not allowed to say Spektrum in this thread oh noo I said it myself DOH

Well happy with the Futaba T9CHP.

Ohhh, sorry  :cry - but remember I';m a noob!

Are they not popular on the eastern shore of the Atlantic?  :o Pretty entrenched on this side of the pond.

See, I didn';t say it at all in this post!
Jim/KK1W

Gav

Yeah spekky is a popular choice this side too for model flying but not so popular for fpv.  I am a Futaba fan boy though ;D

mickyt

Oh ive just brought one of these secondhand ive also purchased the Ezuhf tx rx bundle 459 mhz,my current radio is a DX8  so im going to picking your brains for set up info Gav ~~
If someone throw's a stone at you throw a flower at them just remember to throw the pot with it.

Gav

Groovy.  nice with the UHF module.  You';ll be flying miles lol

mickyt

The radio should be here tomorrow but i';ll have to wait for the ezuhf as the rx is on back order so you may be getting some questions at a later date.
If someone throw's a stone at you throw a flower at them just remember to throw the pot with it.

Rudeboy

yeah been using the T9CP Super for a few years and just upgraded to the 8FG, my 9C is now winging its way to Micky as i type, hope your happy with it micky when it arrives, it still is a very good and capable controller, i just fancied treating myself to a new one, I hope I dont regret it.. lol
My YouTube Channel
Rudeboy's FPV Facebook Page