Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 19, 2024, 04:37:40

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 23
Total: 23

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Open Pilot firmware 14.10 ‘mini me’

Started by flybywire, Saturday,December 06, 2014, 16:34:36

Previous topic - Next topic

flybywire

I heard somebody mention new CC3D firmware the other day, so I checked it out myself!  I haven't flown my 250 for some time, so decided to blow the dust off and upgrade (I can't resist new firmware!).
So I updated my GCS software on my Mac, and proceeded to flash the board.  All went well, so I proceeded to redo my settings.  I have to say, I did this Friday evening after work, so wasn't in the best frame of mind for these things.  Anyhow, I did the necessaries, all seemed to be well, until I tried to arm the beast.  It wouldn't.
I'll cut to the chase, I tried the usuals, and had a browse on the OP forum, and found similar relating to an alarm.  I checked this out in GCS, sure enough it was saying a servo output issue, FC was in failsafe.
I had to leave it, and took another look today.  I decided to really start from scratch, and used the vehicle setup wizard.
This is where you notice the difference to the GCS software, as they have added some new stuff!
The feature to select a few preset models is great, and appears to borrow the idea from Spektrum Tx's, and the ability to download models from the website.

So I chose the QAV 250, and proceeded to move through the wizard.  It does look different to how I recall the last wizard looked, and all in all it's a very polished interface, taking you through all steps from esc calibration to idle & endpoint settings.

After I saved the config to the CC3D itself, I rebooted it and gave it a test.
Hey presto!  the motors duly spun up, and gave her a quick test flight.  She feels really nice and stable, and seems to react well to stick inputs.
I had a 7:30 min hover in the house, before the lip gave out, about a couple of mintes early, due no doubt to the setup drain.

I can well recommend 14.10 'Mini Me'  The OP guys have done sterling work here!

I guess it's a little boring if you're not flying it, but if you stick it out to about 2:25 you'll be rewarded with a decent track!

CC3D new fware test from Andy on Vimeo.</p>
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

guest325

Had a quick flit around on my 500 Woodie with the latest firmware update and have to say that it rocks!!! Got 3 modes set up, attitude is so stable,  ratitude is real fun,  stable until you start stick banging ::) and acro mode is scary - so responsive but very locked in!
All that I can say is the developers deserve a medal!!!

tupoar

Looks like I';ll be flashing mine back to OpenPilot when I get home then...
A new way of buying and selling RC Gear.

[url="//www.rcmungo.com"]www.rcmungo.com[/url]

Craft: RE Decker 180, RE X1, HK Thorax, Hubsan X4, Q4
FC: Naze32, Flip32, Sparky, CC3D, SP Racing F3
VRX: RCD T-Box - 40 Channel Diversity

Sweet Pickle

LOL. I';d pin a medal on their chest myself if the could get mine to hover without it going off on one.

guest325

Quote from: Sweet Pickle on Saturday,December 06, 2014, 17:57:31
LOL. I';d pin a medal on their chest myself if the could get mine to hover without it going off on one.
My advice is to get yourself to a decent obstacle free space and learn what the sticks do! If you are in the habit of panicking and over correcting it just gets worse and worse;  move the sticks gently and deliberately until you get the feel of what';s needed. Over correction is the most common cause of crashes flying rc models - I know from experience of lots of bin bag jobbies ::)
I now fly with zero expo on my tx and fly with tiny stick movements,  it';s taken a long time but it';s been well worth the effort!

kilby

Funny enough I was going to ask if anybody else out there flies with zero expo,  as I have never set any up though I suspect my life would have been a bit easier I life I has set up some expo at the start
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

guest325

Expo can be counter productive,  once you get through the expo it suddenly becomes very much more responsive which can again give rise to over correction,  no one said it was going to be easy.
The maximum expo I';ve used since I learned to fly properly is 20%, this is on my pylon racer where it would just be too twitchy without.

Hands0n

I';d have to say that I almost never use expo - and where I do it is only with the Throttle, nothing else.   I';m not some hard case 3D flier, mostly I didn';t even know expo existed until well through my 5th or 6th set of economy Firefly motor arms :rofl: and by then I was beginning to get the "feel" that Darrell is talking about.

--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

flybywire

Totally agree about the expo.  I used to find it helpful on my trex 250 heli, as it was hugely squirrelly, but not really too useful on the quads.
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
Keep it emax, capiche?

guest325

Quote from: flybywire on Saturday,December 06, 2014, 19:02:53
Totally agree about the expo.  I used to find it helpful on my trex 250 heli, as it was hugely squirrelly, but not really too useful on the quads.
I think it causes you to loose track of what';s going on and as I said before can easily lead to the dreaded yoyo effect.
In fact I found it hard to fly my CG022 on anything but 100% rate because of the stupid amount of expo on the 20 & 60% modes!

Hands0n

I';m itching to give Mini Me a go but if I make a start on it right now I';ll get the phone call to go be taxi driver that I';m currently on standby for at this precise moment ::) 

I';ll tackle it at my leisure during the week.
--
Danny

Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

flybywire

Quote from: Hands0n on Saturday,December 06, 2014, 23:00:06
I';m itching to give Mini Me a go but if I make a start on it right now I';ll get the phone call to go be taxi driver that I';m currently on standby for at this precise moment ::) 
G
I';ll tackle it at my leisure during the week.

He He, you';re damn right there Danny!
I had 5 hours of quality ';me'; time today, wife & daughter otherwise engaged!   ~~
It';s truly magnificent when this stuff works, plenty of coffee consumed, then later the beer.   :beer2:  that';s after the flight testing of course   ;)

What';s that sound?  Ah, yes, silence!  :sleep:

Keep it emax, capiche?

Hands0n

Quote from: flybywire on Saturday,December 06, 2014, 23:09:21
What';s that sound?  Ah, yes, silence!  :sleep:

Ha ha - I so value silence. This is usually a noisy house. So it is a moment of private bliss when everyone is out and i';m left to my own devices.  :smiley:

It feels almost rude to go work on the multi-rotor stuff when I can be chilling quite so much  :laugh:
--
Danny

guest325

Nowt like it,  trouble is for me it';s as rare as rocking horse pooh :-(

Sweet Pickle

Missus and kids at a panto all alone and knocking around the house, bucketing with rain outside so no flying/crashing for me today.
Time to spark up the 3D projector and watch some indulgent rubbish that the missus doesn';t usually go for.  :popcorn: :popcorn: