Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Sunday,April 05, 2020, 20:33:49

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

ched:
27 Mar 2020 21:41:51
We've been in self imposed lock down for last 2 weeks!!! March is going so slowly............................ More time to Whoop around the garden  :D
Gaza07:
27 Mar 2020 21:30:37
Self isolation since tuesday already feels like a month  :wack0
shawdreamer:
27 Mar 2020 12:06:05
YEEEESSSS, we finally have a viable excuse for locking boris johnson in a room by himself were he cant do anymore harm
ched:
24 Mar 2020 18:45:40
Don't bin your Thingiverse account you have lots of good stuff there. It will all quieten down in a few months.Just ignore the muppets as normal.  :D
shawdreamer:
24 Mar 2020 13:45:57
wow Im so binning my thingiverse account.... the amount of knobs hashtagging "covid19" on their just to get hits is just ridicules
dirtymojo69:
18 Mar 2020 05:49:28
how do we get to general discussion chatroom?
DarkButterfly:
17 Mar 2020 11:10:32
@badger1, When my quad got all muddy, a quick rinse under the hot tap, avoiding the electronics, got the worst of it off, then strip down and clean, quick repair to the VTx, it's all good again ~~
Skilloutx:
17 Mar 2020 06:37:19
Thank you for all the stories that come to experience in this place, which is very Dr.
badger1:
16 Mar 2020 19:12:55
last-flight-itis strikes again :(  no damage - just mud though.  :smiley:  unless the damage is under the mud   :angry:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 198000
  • Total Topics: 19976
  • Online Today: 35
  • Online Ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 31
Total: 33

Theme Changer

thumbnail

3d - Printworx

Printing 3d Forum

Cc3d and Emax Simonk Series 12A ESC

Started by Allen Williams, Friday,November 28, 2014, 21:08:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Allen Williams

Hi guys ordered all my gear from bang good to build a 250 quad. I';ve decided to go with the open pilot cc3d board (crazy price of £11) and the Emax Simonk Series 12A ESC';s.

My question is am I right in thinking on 1 esc I leave all 3 wires to the cc3d board (+ - and signal) and on the other three esc';s I just have the signal wires connected I.e remove the + and - ?

Thanks in advance Al
BNUC-S PILOT WITH PFAW

DarrellW

I think you';re right,  but you don';t need to remove the redundant wires, just plug the lead in the other way round if you';ve got room!
I think..........I think I am........therefore I am.............I think!

Allen Williams

BNUC-S PILOT WITH PFAW

tupoar

You can have all 4 fully connected if you really can';t be bothered to mess about with wires. Ideal to have one though but it shouldn';t break anything unless you';re unlucky.
A new way of buying and selling RC Gear.

www.rcmungo.com

Craft: RE Decker 180, RE X1, HK Thorax, Hubsan X4, Q4
FC: Naze32, Flip32, Sparky, CC3D, SP Racing F3
VRX: RCD T-Box - 40 Channel Diversity

DebianDave

You can leave all + and gnd wires on. Iirc only the M1 pins are hooked up on the FC power regulator
https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-London-Multirotor-Pilots/835897706429581

Live in and around North London? Please like, share and participate on this page

quadfather

Regarding those ESCs (I have the same), they are allegedly able to provide 1A from the BEC.  I found that powering my Naze32 with RX attached was running the ESC warm when idle.  After a few minutes of flight it got too hot to touch.  Motor is an EMAX MT1806-2280Kv.

I have since moved to using a dedicated UBEC to power the FC.
-rw-rw-rw-  -  The Number of the Beast

flybywire

Allen, you are correct, that is the open pilot recommended way, it';s also less wires to connect!
Blog: http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

Allen Williams

Thanks guys I can';t wait to start building! Just the big wait from bang good now! Some how I don';t think it will be here in the 4-7 days they said lol
BNUC-S PILOT WITH PFAW