Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Sunday,May 05, 2024, 05:18:11

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Members
  • Total Members: 8,197
  • Latest: bluebat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,428
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 27
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

HexaCrafter HC-650

Started by VinHex, Thursday,January 03, 2013, 09:33:39

Previous topic - Next topic

VinHex

Just getting in a HC-650 which should be here in a couple of days. Will keep everyone up to date on build and information on this thread.
Vin,

HEXACRAFTER HC650, DJI WKM, DJI DataLink 2.4Ghz, 4S DesirePower 6200, Aeroxcraft Landing Gear, Xaor 12x6 Pre-Balanced-Props, Spektrum DX8, AR8000 Receiver
TM1000, Fatshark Attitude SD, Sony Exview Had II CCD 650 Line Sony Effio-E, DJI iOSD, Hexacrafter Brushless Gimable Fat-S Spironet Antenna

VinHex

Got to excited to wait until Monday went and picked it up from FedEx local lol.  Must say impressed with instructions very clear like meccano set for 10+ frames well finished. I';m using my existing Aeroxcraft landing gear and gimbal 125 nex5n gimbal. 

Vin,

HEXACRAFTER HC650, DJI WKM, DJI DataLink 2.4Ghz, 4S DesirePower 6200, Aeroxcraft Landing Gear, Xaor 12x6 Pre-Balanced-Props, Spektrum DX8, AR8000 Receiver
TM1000, Fatshark Attitude SD, Sony Exview Had II CCD 650 Line Sony Effio-E, DJI iOSD, Hexacrafter Brushless Gimable Fat-S Spironet Antenna

VinHex

Stripping out my F550 now..  Frame and motors and props are for sale by the way. NOT ESCs
Vin,

mickyt

If someone throw's a stone at you throw a flower at them just remember to throw the pot with it.

VinHex

Quote from: mickyt on Saturday,January 05, 2013, 17:42:01
come on man is it built yet :rofl:

I';m trying buddy, just getting the F550 stripped out and motors ordered.

This is a fantastic frame mate... Looks so strong.
Vin,

mickyt

Looking forward to seeing it built matey plenty of pic';s  too  ~~
If someone throw's a stone at you throw a flower at them just remember to throw the pot with it.

VinHex

Started the build process.
First of the six arms, I used callipers to insert centre standoffs as instructed by on-site build video. Must say impressive quality and feels well strong. So glad I got this..  :cool:

Vin,

VinHex

Just a comparison to show difference in arms.  HC650 are well strong.  Broke an ESC when taking off F550 Arrrrr

Vin,

mickyt

Crikey there';s a little bit of difference lol its going to be quite substantial then, whats the weight of the new frame bare? oh yeah how much was the frame in english money did your have to pay any duty depending on where it came from? ~~

VinHex

Hi Micky the frame weight is 650g very impressed with it. Just broke a ESC pulling of the connector gutted! Frames are about £400 uk
Vin,

VinHex

Just put Aeroxcraft landing gear onto the frame, had a slight mod to do but Andrew from http://www.hexacrafter.com/index.php sent a scaled CAD drawing to drill the 8x3.2 mm holes.  Bang on! Used the extended carbon rods supplied with HC650 to get the gimbal out in front of the props..

Vin,

VinHex

And the build continues wahoo. Done loads today, components placement for easy access to USB ports on wkm all coming together.
Vin,

Gaza07

[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

mickyt

Looking good Vin  so when do you think the maiden flight will be?

johnrs

New to Quads but loving it

My YouTube Channel

Techie-Review

VinHex

Still got top part to complete waiting for funds for motors and props but not long guys maiden flight coming soon.  Just working out wkm and kit to make sure easy access to units which is not too hard as loads of space to use just want it neat and tidy my oCD
Vin,

VinHex

Xoar 12x6 props on the way....  Motors next..
Vin,

VinHex

Well props arrived, very cool..  Motors are now on order and should arrive this week..  I';m blown away with frame it';s wicked!!  Can';t wait to fly her..
Vin,

VinHex

O yes the motors and props have arrived.... Wahooooo it';s carry on build time...
Vin,

mickyt

Should be in the air by tomorrow then lol nice prop';s and motor';s ~~

Gaza07

Very nice but pics of the boxes get ya motors out for the lads   ::)
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

VinHex

Best show them then,  lower assembly without gimbal at the moment.  All fits together so nice.. I can';t wait to get this baby in the air...

Vin,

mickyt

I like they way you have laid the esc';s out Vin a nice and neat install there  ~~

VinHex

That';s the beauty of this Mick all laid out for everything does what it says on the tin.  Just assembling the top half now wahoo
Vin,

VinHex

All coming together now, could be powering up tomorrow.  Even a hover over the weekend... Omg wahooo
Vin,

VinHex

Well after a sleepless night coughing, I decided to carry on will build. It';s nearly ready guys images coming soon... Possible flight over the weekend nice checked motors and weather permitting.
Vin,

Rocket_Col

CarbonCore Y6

VinHex

Well powered up and love it what a craft can';t wait to fly. Waiting for 4s bats for power. Wow what a strong frame that also protects your components. Props going on later once motors are all checked. 
Vin,

mickyt

looking good Vin ~~, tell ya what, that is one well tought out frame you have there mate so tomorrow could be your maiden flight. Keep us posted :crossfingers:

VinHex

Thanks Micky, Andrew is a flyer that decided to create his own bird went all down the routes of looking into well known frames but with cost and re engineering to fit components so he made his own. He';s done she';d loads of research into this.

Just set motors up all running smooth still need to connect to assistant software and tune in. Can';t wait misses has me laying tiles at mo got to keep her happy as I';m sure I will need to spend some more money on stuff lol
Vin,