Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 20, 2024, 01:01:09

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 34
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 24
Total: 24

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

CHINESE SHIPPING

Started by Ross, Wednesday,January 02, 2013, 08:27:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

If you get a twitch about a package ordered from Honkers and you have a tracking number which does not show up on the HK Post Office tracking page..... and no trace of it for a while..take heart. ( It was Christmas) :laugh:

I was told by HOBBYKING that my order had been shipped on 24 Dec,.

Here';s the HK Post office tracking record.
Posting Date  2-Jan-2013

Drop-off Point Origin:   Air Mail Centre (Counter Section) Hong Kong
Date  2 -Jan - 2013  Delivery Status   2-Jan-2013 Hong Kong.

Item posted and is being processed.2-Jan-2013 Hong Kong

Processed for departure. 2-Jan-2013 Hong Kong
The item will leave Hong Kong for its destination  (UK) on 3-Jan-2013
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It';s not always the Post Office fault despite the thousands of packets they handle.
You cannot believe everything HK shippers tell you!!

Still..it';s on its way.
Let's be careful out there.
SAFETY is.. NO accident.

cryptout

I';m also waiting on a HobbyKing package ordered around Dec 10th, just yesterday I received an email asking to pay VAT via paypal. I hope it gets delivered soon.

Gaza07

I got stung for customs once and had to pay by card Ive never heard of paying this viz pay pal is this quite common, have other people paid the fees this way  :rolleyes:
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

Biffa

I got stung when buying two 450 helicopter kits and had to pay the VAT/duty/fees etc but not via Paypal.

The only options I believe was via phone or by cash in the PF office.
Steve

Vidal

I';m not sure if this is true but I was told if you can keep your orders under £100 you don';t usually have to pay tax.

Ross

Customs payment method  ..depends which country you are in. 

As for customs duties etc...In the UK..order a £600 model locomotive  (1:22.5 scale  garden railway type )  from overseas  and just pay VAT -  as it comes under the heading of Toy Trains....!!!  bought loads from the USA.  Parcelforce charge £8 to clear customs.  DHL air freight charge £1.50 approx to clear customs and delivered in 3 days.
Think anything over £28 in the UK inc postage is duty bound..as well as vat depending on the rules book of HMRC (except purchases from an EEC country..

Be aware that customs have cottoned on to the Chinese gag of down marking the cost of the item for you...they shipped  container loads of stuff back to HK from Germany before they opened their warehouse there..that is one of the reasons Hobbyking opened a place in the UK and elsewhere.  Mind you..stuff still slides throught but not as much as it used to.

Think I might be shelling out next week  :cry
SAFETY is.. NO accident.

mickyt

i have never paid any additional charge';s from hong kong or china, but i alway get stung when ordering from the state some order';sfrom hong kong and china have been well over the 100 pound mark where as a 40 dollar item arrived  from the state this morning  i incurred customs duty and uk handling charge paid to the PO
If someone throw's a stone at you throw a flower at them just remember to throw the pot with it.

Ross

Quote from: mickyt on Wednesday,January 02, 2013, 21:49:14
i have never paid any additional charge';s from hong kong or china, but i alway get stung when ordering from the state some order';sfrom hong kong and china have been well over the 100 pound mark where as a 40 dollar item arrived  from the state this morning  i incurred customs duty and uk handling charge paid to the PO

Strangely enough, never have I but that was before the Govt squeeze on everything!!  The way they are going to get every penny I expect to pay something anyday!.  I think tho, there might be so much stuff coming in from Honkers in small packs that they do not have the time (or inclination) to check everything.  The checking is done by Royal Mail staff.,...';nuff said there... :rofl:
SAFETY is.. NO accident.