Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,March 28, 2024, 12:58:55

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 18
Total: 20

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Emax 12a Simon Series

Started by tupoar, Thursday,September 18, 2014, 10:32:54

Previous topic - Next topic

tupoar

A new way of buying and selling RC Gear.

[url="//www.rcmungo.com"]www.rcmungo.com[/url]

Craft: RE Decker 180, RE X1, HK Thorax, Hubsan X4, Q4
FC: Naze32, Flip32, Sparky, CC3D, SP Racing F3
VRX: RCD T-Box - 40 Channel Diversity

atomiclama

might have to get one of those
just tried it by using the motor test part of base flight configurator and waggling the master slider up and down when needed, should have worked. but was a bit different to that video. I';ll try again tomorrow, whne not so tired.
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

DebianDave

Hang on a sec, 3v cutout? Anyone know what the voltage sag on a 1500mah 3s 35c lipo would be like on DYS 1806 motors and 5030 props? I';ve been having a few problems with my 250 of late that end like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XiMrQTOeZo&list=UUKD_wBL7RUGEPohuKmgp0-A

BUT... all the times it has happened, there';s not been a peep out of my LV alarm... and on freshly baked batteries. I';ve been pouring over the wiring and receiver with no joy.  :shrug:
[url="https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-London-Multirotor-Pilots/835897706429581"]https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-London-Multirotor-Pilots/835897706429581[/url]

Live in and around North London? Please like, share and participate on this page

tupoar

I';m thinking of turning off the lv bit. See if that helps.

Hands0n

Either turn off or turn down the Low Voltage protection.  I';d turn it off personally, take the hit on the LiPo - you can get them back from <3.0v.  It stops the ESC dumping the multi-rotor if there is a temporary voltage drop.   

I have had a couple of instances where I';m bringing the multi-rotor in for a landing and before I can get it on the ground it falls from the air. The LiPo is on its last knockings, the battery alarm is beeping furiously, but just a few seconds more is all that I need.  So I did wonder if LV was enabled by default - seems that it is, at least in BL-Heli that we all now know is on the Emax Simon Series ESC.
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

philtrum

Hi, if the programming card is something people want I';ll get some and stock then with the esc too

Cheers Phil
Many Thanks
Phil
[url="//www.makeitbuildit.co.uk"]www.makeitbuildit.co.uk[/url]

teslahed

Turn LV cutoff off and fly with a timer and / or a low voltage alarm.

Unless you are totally clueless then you';ll know when your LiPo is running low. The timer will go off and / or the alarm will sound. Worst case scenario you might just notice a serious lack of power in climbs. Even if you destroy the LiPo bringing the multirotor down in a hard landing with the last little bit of juice remaining in your cells; that';s still better than destroying your multirotor when the motors cut out at altitude instead because of the low voltage cut off.

Small LiPos are cheap. Miniquads aren';t. I';d rather lose my LiPo any time.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

atomiclama

Quote from: DebianDave on Wednesday,September 24, 2014, 23:09:02
Hang on a sec, 3v cutout? Anyone know what the voltage sag on a 1500mah 3s 35c lipo would be like on DYS 1806 motors and 5030 props? I';ve been having a few problems with my 250 of late that end like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XiMrQTOeZo&list=UUKD_wBL7RUGEPohuKmgp0-A

BUT... all the times it has happened, there';s not been a peep out of my LV alarm... and on freshly baked batteries. I';ve been pouring over the wiring and receiver with no joy.  :shrug:
No idea what the sag would be on your set up but the symptoms I was having were:

After a few minutes of flying so not fresh lipo if I did a full throttle climb it would wobble, you could hear the motors backing off basically it would struggle to climb.
Also when looping and flipping hard one or more of the motors would shut down, CRASH.

Worth a try
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

atomiclama

Yeah Sucess.
This mornings flight was much better, so must have hit the correct programming option  :laugh:

Still one fall from the sky, maybe something else is wrong as well :banghead:
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

DebianDave

Not sure myself. Its flying really well, REALLY, would rather not spend another tenner just to confirm something else is to blame :( I';ll set my LV alarm as high as it will go and work backwards, see if that helps. These pancake crashes really aren';t helping my cloverleaf antenna, will have to get building my own as well!
[url="https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-London-Multirotor-Pilots/835897706429581"]https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-London-Multirotor-Pilots/835897706429581[/url]

Live in and around North London? Please like, share and participate on this page

quadfather

I use the motor sliders in Baseflight to program my ESCs after I managed to screw them up first time round.

It';s pretty easy to do and you will program all of them with the same settings at the same time.  Just took a couple attempts to wrap my head around the beep sequences.
-rw-rw-rw-  –  The Number of the Beast

xeostar

I';ve just fitted six of the 12A to my BO mini hex and I';ve got to say I';m very impressed with them.

They are very smooth and progressive both adding and coming off the power. They give a good feeling of solid reliable power and control.

They are on par with in terms of performance with the Castle Creations quadpacks, which by the way are the best mini multirotor escs by quite a margin IMO (don';t be fooled by the 25a rating they are physically tiny). The castle creation do have the edge slightly and the PC based programming is way better just a shame they are silly expensive.

Next time I';m after some esc the emax will certainly be top of my list.

tupoar

Last week I turned of the LV cutoff and had 2 sessions since with no problems. Last session, I was coming home after my timer went off, when I started to lose power due to a dying battery. No sudden cutoff. I think we may be onto a winner though time will tell.

PS No batteries were harmed during the testing of this theory.

Hands0n

I cut the power wires to my Emax ESC (3 out of 4) ... so now have to use a UBEC (or the ESC with all three wires) to power the programmer while programming the other three ... Bah!
--
Danny

Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

kilby

Quote from: Hands0n on Tuesday,September 30, 2014, 17:03:44
I cut the power wires to my Emax ESC (3 out of 4) ... so now have to use a UBEC (or the ESC with all three wires) to power the programmer while programming the other three ... Bah!

That';s why I pull the +5v line out of the connector and put heatshrink over it, some day I may need that wire and I will get very upset.

Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

quadfather

Quote from: Hands0n on Tuesday,September 30, 2014, 17:03:44

Or use the baseflight motor sliders to do them all at the same time. ~~

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

-rw-rw-rw-  –  The Number of the Beast

Hands0n

Could do that ... Or ... I have a 4-way lead so could use that instead... hmmm  :hmm:
--
Danny

Hands0n

Job done. No sweat.

Connected the one ESC with all three wires to the two-pin power port of the programmer.  Connected, in turn, each remaining two-wire ESC to the programming port and powered up with a LiPo.  It worked a treat.  Stepped to Item 6 (Voltage Protection), changed the value from 2 to 4 (Off) and thats it. All done. Couldn';t be easier.

--
Danny

criticalmass

Just acquired 4 x of these.

Can motor direction be programmed?

If not what is the easiest way?
H1:
DJI F450 FW
******* Retired*******
E300 Propulsion System
Naza M V2
Mobius on 3d Printed Gimbal
FS 600TVL FPV Cam

H2:
ZMR250 CF
Multistar Elite 2204-2300KV
Naze32 Acro
5" Gemfan Props

H3:
TBS Discovery
E300 Propulsion System
Naza M V2
FS 600TVL FPV Cam
600mW Immersion vTx

guest325

Quote from: criticalmass on Sunday,November 30, 2014, 21:09:33

If the motor is rotating the wrong way just swap any two wires from the esc to the motor - job done easy peasy!

tupoar

Quote from: criticalmass on Sunday,November 30, 2014, 21:09:33

Sadly, the motor direction cannot be programmed. You have to do it the old fashioned way.

criticalmass

Quote from: DarrellW on Sunday,November 30, 2014, 21:11:22
If the motor is rotating the wrong way just swap any two wires from the esc to the motor - job done easy peasy!
Any two what? Wires?
H1:
DJI F450 FW
******* Retired*******
E300 Propulsion System
Naza M V2
FS 600TVL FPV Cam

H2:
ZMR250 CF
Naze32 Acro
5" Gemfan Props

H3:
TBS Discovery
E300 Propulsion System
Naza M V2
FS 600TVL FPV Cam
600mW Immersion vTx

guest325

Quote from: criticalmass on Sunday,November 30, 2014, 21:13:28
Any two what? Wires?
Haha, take a look at my edit - thought the same myself when I saw what I';d put ::)

criticalmass

Quote from: DarrellW on Sunday,November 30, 2014, 21:15:11
Haha, take a look at my edit - thought the same myself when I saw what I';d put ::)
Ha ha,

gutted that things went pop earlier - little puff of smoke out the motor too (hope this hasn';t gone)

H1:
DJI F450 FW
******* Retired*******
E300 Propulsion System
Naza M V2
FS 600TVL FPV Cam

H2:
ZMR250 CF
Naze32 Acro
5" Gemfan Props

H3:
TBS Discovery
E300 Propulsion System
Naza M V2
FS 600TVL FPV Cam
600mW Immersion vTx

guest325

Oh booger!!! Magic smoke got out  :cry

criticalmass

Quote from: DarrellW on Sunday,November 30, 2014, 21:48:35
Oh booger!!! Magic smoke got out  :cry

Hmmmmm.

Hopefully the motor isn';t completely fried!!!

Anyone got a spare baby beast they want to sell?
H1:
DJI F450 FW
******* Retired*******
E300 Propulsion System
Naza M V2
FS 600TVL FPV Cam

H2:
ZMR250 CF
Naze32 Acro
5" Gemfan Props

H3:
TBS Discovery
E300 Propulsion System
Naza M V2
FS 600TVL FPV Cam
600mW Immersion vTx

Mike00top

Quote from: DebianDave on Thursday,September 18, 2014, 16:45:03
TBH I';ve not had any issue with the stock FW on the Emax 12As I have. They are pretty rapid anyway, working sweet as a nut for me on a Naze32 + BE1806s, if flashing with BLHELI would make them EVEN BETTER, I am all ears!

Anyone have a link to the programmer needed? At work atm and coming up a blank on C8051F MCU uploader/programmer...

+1   i have three mini multi';s  all run DYS1806 2300kv motors, with  Emax 12a Esc,   all mine are superb,  another 12 in the group with no issues on stock FW
Hoverspeed RC ,  support equipment to the FPV Racer

Fletch

Has anybody found a guide on how to flash these with the latest BL Heli

It appears they can be done using "XP_12A_.." code.

Fletch

Resurrection of an old thread to show how to flash these (and possibly the new BLHeli ones to)

I was updating from BLHeli 13 to BLHeli 14 - you may get a few extra messages if flashing for the first time

This was done using BLHeli Suite 14.0.0.3

You will need to connect to these points (ignore the components marked in blue) - i connected a short servo lead and left it permanently connected, so when i flash i don';t have to remove all the heat shrink and resolder each time i want to flash
[attach=1]

Connect to the Uno as shown here
[attach=2]

1 - Connect Uno to PC allow to install drivers, Unzip and Run BLHeli Suite
2 - Select Atmel / Silabs Interface >> Silabs C2 (4w-if)
3 - Make Interfaces Tab, Select UNO board, Select correct COM port
4 - Click Make Arduino General
5 - I selected from the list of files to install - 4wArduino_m328P_16_PB3PB4v14003.hex
6 - Select SiLabs ESC Setup tab
7 - Select Correct COM port
8 - Click Connect
9 - Flash or change settings as required

If you are flashing for the first time you will get a few messages about it not running BLHeli and do you want to flash

The firmware to select from the list is XP_12A_xxxxx

atomiclama

Do you know if this ESC supports DL or braking whatever you want to call it?
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt