Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 01:49:29

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 28
Total: 28

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

RIP Simplecopter Tcopter - to be recycled as Conduit Tcopter!

Started by guest325, Thursday,July 10, 2014, 21:53:15

Previous topic - Next topic

guest325

More progress, battery mount made and attached - looks like it should work well and allows a bit of movement to adjust the cog!
Itching to give it a go but started raining again, bl@@dy weather!!!
Just looking at it,  I should have shares in a cable tie company ::) ::) ::)

guest325

Had some gentle moving about today and a not too hard tail in landing - yaw mechanism is not robust,  servo arm broke and opposite pivot pin came off.
Back to the drawing board for the yaw mechanism...... oh well nothing ventured nothing gained!

guest325

At long last after a long break from doing anything I';ve got to get back to sorting this out!
Decided to go back to wood again, conduit doesn';t damp vibration at all - wood does hence the decision!
Anyhoo - redesigned the yaw mechanism and I think I';m on to a winner,  going to test it complete with motor prop etc on the bench before I build it into a new wooden tri!
Enough gassing, here it is - very simple and direct, no slop (unless it';s a crap servo).

guest2350

That idea looks great Darrel. Hopefully it works as good as it looks!

Hands0n

Another of your elegant designs Darrell - welcome back fella.  This looks like it will do the business. Would I be correct in thinking that the brass 90 degree angled bit of metal is a screw-in wall hook? ::) ~~
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

guest325

Quote from: Hands0n on Sunday,September 07, 2014, 15:39:28
Another of your elegant designs Darrell - welcome back fella.  This looks like it will do the business. Would I be correct in thinking that the brass 90 degree angled bit of metal is a screw-in wall hook? ::) ~~
::) Yes it';s a square cup hook, been thinking what to use for that end for ages and saw one in a gift shop hanging mugs up - quick trip to B&Q with a ruler and bobs your uncle ! 6 for £2.49 can';t go wrong.
Anyhoo, got it ready for bench testing now - I';m going to connect it up to a receiver and try it under power to see if it';s robust before it takes to the air!
Piccies:

guest325

Well, it works very nicely - next comes the hard decision, do I cobble it onto the part dismantled conduit tri or do I make a new wooden frame????
.........................to be continued ::)

Hands0n

My vote would be to go for the wood build for all the great qualities wood posesses ~~
--
Danny

Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

guest325

I gave up on the Conduit because I found that at certain throttle openings there was a resonance which seriously upset the performance, it was strange because there would be nothing vibration wise to worry about then suddenly it felt as though it was going to shake itself apart.
Back to the drawing board - no idea why it happened, the only thing I wondered about was the fact that the ones who have been successful have run much lower kv motors and bigger props???

Hands0n

Plastic and resonance sounds familiar to me. The MHQ 250 was great up to a point. Then a resonance would set in and if left unchecked the motor mount would shatter off the rotor arm itself.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

--
Danny

Cloudbuster

Blimey you lot will try and make anything fly LOL !!! I reckon we should have a competition to see who can build the weirdest multi that works ... What do yah reckon chaps ????

Regards rob
life is too short to worry about what others think !!!

[url="//www.skynamite.co.uk"]www.Skynamite.co.uk[/url]

Hands0n

Heh heh  :laugh:  The nice thing about multi-rotors is that pretty much anything is eligible for an air frame.  How airworthy it ends up is another matter altogether.  But I have to say that Old Planky is standing up to some serious abuse. Gawd bless Wickes finest pine.  :rofl:

A compo huh?  Sounds like a plan.
--
Danny

guest325

Quote from: Hands0n on Sunday,November 30, 2014, 20:46:30
Heh heh  :laugh:  The nice thing about multi-rotors is that pretty much anything is eligible for an air frame.  How airworthy it ends up is another matter altogether.  But I have to say that Old Planky is standing up to some serious abuse. Gawd bless Wickes finest pine.  :rofl:

A compo huh?  Sounds like a plan.
My 500 woodie was great today, on 8*4.5';s it was quite windy but it flew like a good ';un ::)
I';ve got to say for bang for buck you can';t beat a wooden frame,  mine cost about £2.50 ::)