Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 10:39:48

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 36
Total: 36

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

MiniAPM V3.1 Mini ArduPilot Mega 2.6 External Compass

Started by Rammylad, Sunday,June 01, 2014, 16:44:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Rammylad

I';ve just ordered one of these Mini APM boards from Goodluckbuy with the intention of putting it into a scale traditional helicopter,if it works as good as the original APM it should do quite well in a 450 size copter.
I translated some instructions that I found from Chinese into Pigeon English.
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=105379

Board Pinout

Pigeon English Instructions lol.

Marty McFly

Hi Tony,that';s great informatiom and may i wish you good luck on your new scale project,Marty.

everfree

I am going to buy this set with GPS too

just wonder do i need to buy any power module for this ? or it take power from the BEC ESC? do i need to modify the board if take power from BEC ESC? like cut this and that on the circuit board ? if so i will perfer buy the power module instead.... so t he power module is the same one as the big APM 2.6?

please advise... i will use it on my Blackout H quad 250

thx so much for the post

Quote from: Rammylad on Sunday,June 01, 2014, 16:44:20
I';ve just ordered one of these Mini APM boards from Goodluckbuy with the intention of putting it into a scale traditional helicopter,if it works as good as the original APM it should do quite well in a 450 size copter.
I translated some instructions that I found from Chinese into Pigeon English.
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=105379

Oakie

as the power module is not that expensive, I would opt for that. make sure the one you get has a bec installed on the module as they sell them with and without. On the mini board nothing has to be done for this and you will have V I data sent to the board for monitoring the battery state.

If you decide to use the bec on an esc you will need to short the pad JP2.

On the 2.6 board, you need to remove the jumper at the output end. Again the power module will give you more info re battery state.

If you want to use a bec from an esc, leave the mini jumper in place.

Again I would recommend the power module.

Hope it helps

Paul
Only when one looses sight of your toy does FPV become fun and against legislation already in place.

everfree

Ya i know its better to use power module... however its for my mini quad 250...so i wanna make it as low weight as possible... the traditional APM power module seems too big for it...

beside this , according to the picture you posted .... i wonder where can get this IO board ? http://postimg.org/image/q7tett15b/ it didnt comes with the kit when purchuse form good luck buy .... also how can u use the external Compass ? as you can see there is 2 port at GPS end and 1 port at Mini APM board end... i know there is 2 wire at apm end can use for Compass but how can you power up the compass at the GPS unit ?

Please advise . thank you so much

Quote from: Oakie on Tuesday,August 19, 2014, 21:18:01
as the power module is not that expensive, I would opt for that. make sure the one you get has a bec installed on the module as they sell them with and without. On the mini board nothing has to be done for this and you will have V I data sent to the board for monitoring the battery state.

If you decide to use the bec on an esc you will need to short the pad JP2.

On the 2.6 board, you need to remove the jumper at the output end. Again the power module will give you more info re battery state.

If you want to use a bec from an esc, leave the mini jumper in place.

Again I would recommend the power module.

Hope it helps

Paul

sevet

Here is how I mounted the power modules to for my Mini 250 with Mini APM:

[attach=1]  [attach=2]

I chose un soldered one with big tabs so I used it as a PDB :)

Notice also that it is without a BEC so only power sensing, I used a small external BEC: Blue RMRC 3A bec (Readymade RC)
And the 6$ power sensor from Witespy.
http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/readytoflyer-power-module.html

I don';t think the power module added more than 6-10grams, probably less.

everfree

what about the GPS issue i mentioned ?
how can you resolve it ?

Quote from: sevet on Thursday,September 04, 2014, 09:32:40
Here is how I mounted the power modules to for my Mini 250 with Mini APM:

[attach=1]  [attach=2]

I chose un soldered one with big tabs so I used it as a PDB :)

Notice also that it is without a BEC so only power sensing, I used a small external BEC: Blue RMRC 3A bec (Readymade RC)
And the 6$ power sensor from Witespy.
http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/readytoflyer-power-module.html

I don';t think the power module added more than 6-10grams, probably less.

malc

make up a fly lead with two to one, crimp or solder 5v + gnd or call it a Y lead.

teslahed

Took me a while to work out the best way to hook up my ESC wires;

I made a little header pin breakout board to connect up the 4 signals and grounds for all my ESCs.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

Revs

Quote from: teslahed on Tuesday,November 25, 2014, 19:31:28
Took me a while to work out the best way to hook up my ESC wires;

[img=http://s7.postimg.org/4rg7frbnb/Mini_XAPMESCs.jpg]

I made a little header pin breakout board to connect up the 4 signals and grounds for all my ESCs.

Very tidy job :smiley: I';d be interested to know how you get on with it. I';m thinking about getting one for my 250. Are you using AC3.2?

teslahed

It';s got 3.2 installed on it and everything works except i have the motor order wrong (it flipped on take off).

I';ll get it flying either tomorrow evening or over the weekend. It';s 9:45pm and i';ve run out of energy :rolleyes:

flybywire

That looks very cool Chris, well done.  I love the classic simplicity of the x. Hmm, gps too, i like!

:laugh:
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

kilby

Be nice to see some acro flying with an APM based machine
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

teslahed

I';ll definitely be trying acro with it eventually but the main objective is to use it as an automated flight trainer - as it only weighs 450 grams it';s a lot safer than experimenting with something larger. I';ll still be flying waypoints in a nice empty field but i feel happier experimenting with a smaller quad.

I still have it';s twin with the Naze32 and 4 cell lipo pack for extreme line of sight stunt flying;

teslahed

Quote from: flybywire on Thursday,November 27, 2014, 22:00:19 Hmm, gps too, i like!

I';m going to see if i can squeeze a 433mhz telemetry module on there too ::) Pretty sure there';s space for it...

kilby

Quote from: teslahed on Thursday,November 27, 2014, 22:22:01
I';m going to see if i can squeeze a 433mhz telemetry module on there too ::) Pretty sure there';s space for it...
Certainly have space for it though you may want to change the antenna (I';m thinking of removing the plastic cover off and using silicone fuel tubing to protect it instead)
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

teslahed

I probably wont use the default antenna as I';ve heard it';s a bit rubbish. I';ll either use a 1/4 wave monopole i made or else one of the tiny stubby ones i got from goodluckbuy ages ago.

JeremyE

I';m very interested to see how this little bad boy flies! I have debated the same FC for quite a while.

Hands0n

Quote from: teslahed on Thursday,November 27, 2014, 22:52:29
I probably wont use the default antenna as I';ve heard it';s a bit rubbish. I';ll either use a 1/4 wave monopole i made or else one of the tiny stubby ones i got from goodluckbuy ages ago.

I';ve a pair of those stubbies also - not tried them - kept chickening out ::)

The regular size rubber duck are okay for moderate distance, they certainly seem to keep up with LOS.  I did have some trouble a while back where range fell off to about 3 meters! :o  When examining the aircraft transciever, it was in a 3D printed case, there was a lot of white fuzz in there, mild corrosion where moisture had got in.  I have it a bath in Methylated spirit, good for recovering water damaged mobile phones, a very gentle brushing with a soft bristle toothbrush and it was good as new.  Back in its case and the old range back.

--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

teslahed

Quote from: JeremyE on Thursday,December 04, 2014, 07:03:40
I';m very interested to see how this little bad boy flies! I have debated the same FC for quite a while.

So far so good;

http://youtu.be/UG0ZBrtOOlU

dp106

I';m thinking of dipping my toe in the APM world and the Mini APM looks like a very cheap/affordable route in.  I was thinking about getting this package:  http://www.goodluckbuy.com/mini-apm-v3-1-flight-controller-with-gps-and-telemetry-and-osd-and-power-module-combo.html to put in a plane.

Looks good as I think it has everything I need so I won';t have to worry about getting the right bits that are compatible.  I was hoping it would all just plug together but looks like there are a couple of wiring looms with bare wires so still a bit of figuring things out.

Anyone more experienced able to advice if this is a good bundle for me to get?

teslahed

The specs look good to me. Price as well. Assuming they haven';t cut any corners (like giving you crap quality radio modules for example) i would expect those bits to work well together.

dp106