Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 17:25:22

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 23
Total: 23

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

flysky th9x failsafe

Started by virginprops, Saturday,January 04, 2014, 11:13:29

Previous topic - Next topic

virginprops

Ive been trying to setup the failsafe on my tx so when i switch off signal is cut but atm when i turn off my tx all signals stay as they were at last position.

am i right in thinking that the only way i can get the failsafe to work is by swapping out the rx for a frsky one?

thanks

Hands0n

What specific RX are you using?  Also with what FC? 
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

virginprops

rx is fs-r9b and fc is crius aiop v2.

Jumpy07

Flysky th9x Does not have failsafe...

You need the change the TX and RX modules..     would recommend the FrSky modules as will give better range as well.
BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

virginprops

Hands0n

The reason I asked is that I have failsafe working on my APM 2.5 with 9x transmitter and 9x8Cv2 (no built-in failsafe).  How this works is that the APM 2.5 PPM Encoder with the latest firmware senses loss of PPM when the TX is out of range or switched off, and it is the PPM Encoder itself that drops the throttle value to 900ppm that is below the FS threshold and thus invokes whatever FS activity you';ve set.

I don';t think that the Crius AIOP has any such capability though.
--
Danny

Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

barneyg

The failsafe from the FC is a function of the firmware so the Crius AIOP can do failsafe with MPNG or MultiWii(sort of) but it is far more advanced in MPNG in that it will chabge to RTH or loiter etc ... In MultiWii as of 2.3 stable it just does a controlled crash - change throttle to specified value for x seconds and then disarm.  There is currently work being done in MultiWii on waypoints etc and there is talk of integrating failsafe into the work.

virginprops

Quote from: barneyg on Saturday,January 04, 2014, 13:27:30
The failsafe from the FC is a function of the firmware so the Crius AIOP can do failsafe with MPNG or MultiWii(sort of) but it is far more advanced in MPNG in that it will chabge to RTH or loiter etc ... In MultiWii as of 2.3 stable it just does a controlled crash - change throttle to specified value for x seconds and then disarm.  There is currently work being done in MultiWii on waypoints etc and there is talk of integrating failsafe into the work.

But for this failsafe to work i will still need a frsky rx?

barneyg

No ... it works by detecting when there are no pulses (or the pulses are below a certain length) on the Throttle channel ... you can test this on the bench buy enabling it and then turning off the TX to see what happens :)

virginprops

For this to work do i need to set ppm to enabled in megapirate? and do you know where the failsafe option is?

Hands0n

Quote from: virginprops on Saturday,January 04, 2014, 20:25:16
For this to work do i need to set ppm to enabled in megapirate? and do you know where the failsafe option is?

No setting of PPM needed as that is what you';re using by default with each of the channels associated with a specific function (Aileron, Elevator, Throttle, Roll). 

The full details on Failsafe setting for Arducopter are in the wiki here: http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/throttle-failsafe/  Work through the steps using Mission Planner and you';ll see where the Failsafe settings are made.    As @barneyg says, you can demonstrate this working on the bench, just by powering the FC - you don';t need to run the main LiPo and motors to see the FC going into RTL or not.

HTH
--
Danny

virginprops

I already tried following this guide but the problem was when i turn off my receiver the output on the throttle channel just stays at whatever it was at when turned off. Thats the reason i thought i needed the frsky RX.

Hands0n

Quote from: virginprops on Saturday,January 04, 2014, 20:44:03
I already tried following this guide but the problem was when i turn off my receiver the output on the throttle channel just stays at whatever it was at when turned off. Thats the reason i thought i needed the frsky RX.

Hmm, that sounds to me like the AIOP doesn';t behave the same as the APM 2.5';s PPM encoder when the pulses stop.  I';m not familiar with AIOP';s workings at that level. @barneyg or one of the others may know it much better in that respect.

Sorry.
--
Danny

virginprops

Ive actually got it working now through the aiop. Im not sure what i did but it now drops down to 900 after about 3 seconds of no signal.