Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,March 28, 2024, 22:24:08

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 29
Total: 29

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

anoying issues with the Naza M V2 on my quad...

Started by Gearymeister, Sunday,September 22, 2013, 18:03:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Gearymeister

just got the Naza V2 and fitted it to my quad.

managed to get a really unstable flight out of it. although the altitude lock seemed really good the quad was spinning slowly but enough to be a pain in the backside.

now when i connect the battery i get the flashing red LED and the error says its because of the sticks not being centred even though the software shows all is good.

anyone got any advice. i';m starting to regret switching from AMP.

everything i read is raving about how amazing the Naza M V2 is. i';m clearly going wrong...

cheers

chris
I started off with nothing... I still have most of it left.

flybywire

Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

happyal

Hi Chris,

I';m really new to the Naza, but I hope I can help.

Before you take off you need to wait for the 10 rapid green flashes. If it';s flashing red that means it doesn';t have a gps lock.

Also all controls need to be entered in order to get a single flash, including the throttle. No idea why that would be useful, but that';s the way it is on my Naza.

Gearymeister

hey guys,

I have the latest firmware 2.18

I am still waiting fort the GPS to arrive which is a total pain in the hoop but I should still be able to play in the meantime.
like i said, the fault says there is a problem with the control centre point...  which is totally daft.

ALSO WHEN IT DID FLY, (oops caps lock) Atti mode didn';t acknowledge any stick input from the throttle untill after the stick was above the centre point... surely this isn';t right. whets it all about? lol

chris

flybywire

Quote from: Gearymeister on Monday,September 23, 2013, 00:32:29
hey guys,

I am still waiting fort the GPS to arrive which is a total pain in the hoop but I should still be able to play in the meantime.
like i said, the fault says there is a problem with the control centre point...  which is totally daft.

ALSO WHEN IT DID FLY, (oops caps lock) Atti mode didn';t acknowledge any stick input from the throttle untill after the stick was above the centre point... surely this isn';t right. whets it all about? lol

chris

Chris
Didn';t realise you had no GPS!  Ok, so you got v 4.oo fware (so I know where you';re at!).  SCuse me if you';ve stated this in earlier posts.  You';ve set it up with a clean Acro model?  Calibrated your transmtter (both on your Tx itself) and in the Naza assistant? Made sure you have no trim and all sub-trims are 0?
All sticks are green when in centre?
Just checking.
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
Keep it emax, capiche?

KK1W

Quote from: Gearymeister on Monday,September 23, 2013, 00:32:29
hey guys,

chris

Chris,

When you';re in ATTI moving the throttle stick won';t have any effect until you go past the 50% point. In MAN mode it will behave normally but if you';re new at this I would stay out of MAN for awhile  :(

The double flash will go away when the throttle stick is centered. Many of the manuals mention the stick centering doesn';t apply to the throttle stick but it does. Once the throttle stick is centered you will have a single yellow flash in ATTI mode when the other controls are centered.

Sounds like you';re doing fine, hope this helps

Jim
Jim/KK1W

Gearymeister

hi guys, thanks for the replies

yeah, i went through all that but some reason it just wouldnt start up. I went over it all again this morning and withougt actually changing anything it all works again... Total confusion.

flying nicely but needs a bit of a tune up so I';m now at the stage where i';m setting my gains and trying to get the Atti mode to work properly.
Currently it reduces throttle and starts to oscillate really badly at ground level (sort of bouncing). Manual mode is good though.

think i';m at the trial and error stage that I was past with AMP.
it is coming to me but slowly.

however it seems i';m curssed. the screws securing the motors onto the arms keep loosening and despite using thread lock and then upgrading to super glue, and checking then as part of the pre flight checks, one of the motors just came off mid flight. the annoying thing about it is that I noticed just before but it came off just before i could land.  The result was a bent arm and broken carbon prop. I made a new arm and fixed it all up only to discover that one of the motor shafts is now badly bent. how many weeks do i have to wait for more motors to arrive from bloody china or america?

i';m getting so frustrated. All i want to do is get the quad flying and have some fun but it seems the Gods are against me lol

any suggestions on where';s good in the uk to order motors?

cheers,

Chris

flybywire

Quote from: Gearymeister on Monday,September 23, 2013, 14:10:55
hi guys, thanks for the replies

yeah, i went through all that but some reason it just wouldn';t start up. I went over it all again this morning and without actually changing anything it all works again... Total confusion.

flying nicely but needs a bit of a tune up so I';m now at the stage where I';m setting my gains and trying to get the Atti mode to work properly.
Currently it reduces throttle and starts to oscillate really badly at ground level (sort of bouncing). Manual mode is good though.

think i';m at the trial and error stage that I was past with AMP.
it is coming to me but slowly.

however it seems i';m curssed. the screws securing the motors onto the arms keep loosening and despite using thread lock and then upgrading to super glue, and checking then as part of the pre flight checks, one of the motors just came off mid flight. the annoying thing about it is that I noticed just before but it came off just before i could land.  The result was a bent arm and broken carbon prop. I made a new arm and fixed it all up only to discover that one of the motor shafts is now badly bent. how many weeks do i have to wait for more motors to arrive from bloody china or america?

i';m getting so frustrated. All i want to do is get the quad flying and have some fun but it seems the Gods are against me lol

any suggestions on where';s good in the uk to order motors?

cheers,

Chris

Chris
Sounds like ur having a bad hair day!  It also sounds like your motors/props are w-a-y out of balance.  It makes sense how you describe it, FC';s hate vibes of any kind, and will have the effect of making the craft uncontrollable.
As a rule of thumb, if you take the props off, then run it up to full chat, Ideally you';d feel virtually no vibes, but in reality as long as it';s not hurting your fingers it';s probably OK!  Then all you need to do is carefully balance your props on a prop balancing device, available cheaply throughout the internet.  I think once you';ve done that, unless there is actually a fault with the device itself, (rare) then your multi should fly sweet as a nut, whether in manual, Atti or GPS/Atti.
:smiley:

P.S just bought some 10x5 carbons from HK really cheap (for my Naza/hex build), took couple of weeks.  xcellent quality though. Other than that, Electric Wingman is probably the best.  A cheaper alternative are APC props, not quite as elegant as Graupners/Gemfans, but hey, they';ll get u back in the air whilst you';re waiting for the slow boat!
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__39774__10x5E_Carbon_Fiber_Propellers_L_H_and_R_H_Rotation_1_pair_.html?strSearch=10x5 carbon
Saying out of stock though  :angry:
Keep it emax, capiche?

Gearymeister

bad hair day lol yeah something like that.
such a beautiful day, day off work and I cant get out there...

I have all the props balanced perfect. vibration is not a problem. like i say, the quad is fine in manual mode. think its just about setting the gains. (in manual it kichs AMP';s butt!)

Ive got spare carbon props. i learned that lesson at the very beginning.  :laugh:

but i don';t have a spare motor. to be honest i';m not sure the motors i';ve been using are really the best ones.
I';ve got the 28-26s 1200KV Propdrive from HK http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__25084__NTM_Prop_Drive_Series_28_26A_1200kv_250w_short_shaft_version_.html

I dont know an aweful lot about what KV I should be using. I see a lot of poeple saying they have the 700KV. does this represent the strength of the motor or the power draw?

Now there';s a rookie question. I just haven';t been able to find a description of the ratings and what it all means.

i garantee the GPS unit arrives tomorrow and I cant play lol

cheers,

Chris

Gearymeister

The GPS JUST ARRIVED TODAY!!! happy times ahead. I also got more motors yesterday so things are looking good.

flybywire

Keep it emax, capiche?