Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,March 28, 2024, 09:53:04

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 28
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 32
Total: 32

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Searching for : FPV LCD Monitor Recommendations

Started by bunnygirl80, Monday,July 01, 2013, 11:21:44

Previous topic - Next topic

bunnygirl80

Hi guys,

I';m looking for a nice fpv monitor as a birthday gift for my friend. I normally use my Goggles but he';s struggling with those and is expressing a preference for a monitor. All my past experience with monitors has been a large 21 inch in the boot of the car! LOL. He fancies something a lot smaller like 8 inches on the back of his transmitter.

Do you have any recommendations?
Things to watch out for? Like the blue screen!
Which size is best?
Brackets?
Shades?
etc

Thxx
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. [url="//www.aerialworx.co.uk"]www.aerialworx.co.uk[/url]

ChrisH

Hi Stef,

Like all things, it depends what your friend wants to get from the screen!

I use http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/video-goggles-screens/8-fpv-screen but it weighs in at over 500 grams! The weight isn';t an issues for me as I use the tripod screw mount on the bottom of the screen and stick it on a tripod, receiver on the back of it and a lipo on one leg (of the tripod that is). That said I use it for monitoring the aim of the GoPro rather than true FPV flying. It comes with an optional sunscreen that secures around the edge. Good for my requirements!
Chris
Hubsan X4
DJI F450, Naza, GPS, DX8,
Tarot FY680 Naza, GPS, Hero3 Silver, 5.8 FPV with screen
 :england:

ericb

Alien homemade , 330 homemade wonderful little thing oh and the 250 mini that is wonderful

Ross

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Feelworld-7-Inch-HD-FPV-Monitor-W-Sunhood-High-Resolution-No-Blue-Screen-Outdoor-/180961897734

£74.07 as of todays conversion  (5 AUG /2013)
No blue screen. Sunhood.

BOUGHT one. ~~
Let's be careful out there.
SAFETY is.. NO accident.

jimbo385

Hi Stef,

I was looking for a monitor and found a really good deal on ebay. It';s a car visor monitor which is a bit bulky but with a screen size of 8.5" the display is excellent! It comes with controls on the visor and a remote as well.

Really good value at £34 including shipping!

Cheers.
F450 Clone KK2.0 General Batting around!

FPV550 KK2.0 FPV No gear on it yet!

DJI F350 Naza Lite Naza Experience

FPV 250 With RCTimer Power kit. Pocket Rocket!

Wishlist - Tarot FY680 Pro

teslahed

Quote from: Ross on Monday,August 05, 2013, 15:35:29
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Feelworld-7-Inch-HD-FPV-Monitor-W-Sunhood-High-Resolution-No-Blue-Screen-Outdoor-/180961897734

£74.07 as of todays conversion  (5 AUG /2013)
No blue screen. Sunhood.

BOUGHT one. ~~

That looks like a really good spec screen. Similar to the one i got only with a better menu system and no blue screen on signal lose (great feature!). You';ve paid just over twice what i paid for mine, but it might well be worth it, considering.

I';ll be interested to hear how you get on when it turns up.

QuoteI';m looking the look of this : http://www.goodluckbuy.com/5-8g-7inch-8ch-tft-color-monitor-hd-built-in-lipo-battery-1s-3-7v-for-fpv-aerial-photography.html

I';ve always wondered about screens with built in receivers - how does the reception compare to a separate system? Obviously you wont be able to put the aerial up high in the same way as you could with a separate receiver, but it may not matter much and it looks extremely convenient - you';ll have so much less to carry around.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

Ross

Received this morning.  Ordered 5th August and sent China Post (EMS) and trackable all the way.
No customs dues (They declared it at $50US (!)........China strikes again..... :rofl: 

Well packed ..a box within a box and sturdy as well not the usual thin stuff.
It comes with sun hood,velcro,AC adapter, travel plug etc.,

Not tried out in anger but  when fired up, the lettering on the screen is deffo HD.
It is quite light in weight so should  mount on a tranny METAL  handle quite well, if you get the brackets. This way the receiver can be fitted to the rear of the monitor.

Must get the cameras wired up now.
SAFETY is.. NO accident.

teslahed

That looks similar in spec to my first FPV screen. It should work fine but the resolution is a bit low at 320 x 240 - you';ll be losing half your video quality on the ground which seems like a waste after transmitting it all across the airwaves!

You wont really notice much difference until you want to fly with an OSD - the more detailed the OSD the more quickly you notice the text looks blurry on a low res screen.

640x480 is the resolution most of these FPV cameras put out so ideally you want a screen that does at least 640x480 for maximum video quality.

teslahed

My OSD worked fine on 320x200 - but when i upgraded from the super simple OSD to the more fully featured MinimOSD i found that the increased detail was harder to make out. Swapping up to a 640x480 screen definitely improved legebility.

But it was readable before. It';s just clearer in the full resolution, and it makes it slightly easier to avoid those smaller tree branches and other fine obsticles that tend to dissapear when flying FPV.

Personally i don';t like the idea of losing detail on the screen on the ground - but i was flying at 320x200 for months without issues. If you are on a budget don';t discount the smaller cheaper screens - they work fine.

Ross

.........and the one I just received  the Feelgood)has a resolution of 830x480 HD..No blackout with loss of sig.
SAFETY is.. NO accident.

teslahed

I have a choice with my screen which does 800x480, i can either run the thing in standard format which leaves the proportions intact but results in black lines down the sides of the screen (80 pixels either side assuming 640x480) or i can run it in full screen which stretches the image to fill the available space (and use all available pixels). I had a play but in the end decided that bigger was better and i could put up with slightly skewed proportions.

How do you have yours setup Ross?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140949217415?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

The blue screen is an unfortunate feature but i tested it by setting my FPV hexacopter up inside the house then walking outside and behind another house with the fpv helmet. I was getting a full screen of static without it bluescreening, i could only get it to bluescreen by turning off the transmitter. This tells me the threshold for signal loss is set so that it doesn';t blue screen early - which is good. A screen like yours that doesn';t blue screen - ever - would be better though.

Ross

SAFETY is.. NO accident.