Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 19:00:41

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 35
Total: 35

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

TBS Discovery 1 day build diary (well thats the plan anyway)

Started by robshaw, Thursday,May 16, 2013, 09:37:20

Previous topic - Next topic

robshaw

Hi folks,

So Ive finally got the time to build my TBS Discovery. I';m going to build this from donor parts from a 450 clone I have plus a few extra goodies. I';m also going to attempt this in one day and update this thread as I go along.

So heres the donor quad....

Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

robshaw

Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

XH558

MMmmmmm that looks suspiciously like the one on Ebay  ::)
David :)
[url="//www.mh434.com"]www.mh434.com[/url]
[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]

robshaw

...the shiney new disco parts with power connector and headers soldered on.......

nub

mmmm nice! :D

shall be interesting to follow, was thinking about doing something similar with my DJI but with a cheap reptile frame.

Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

robshaw

Haha, I wish I had a NAZA to put in it. Unfortunately for me its only a crius and no 600mW vtx either, just a little old 250. The eBay one is still fort sale isn';t it??

robshaw

MOFO64

Naza V1 | 1040mm Quadcopter | 4x360kv | 4x 1565s | Zippy 5000mah 3S 30c | Hitec Optic Sport 6
My-Fly4 | 660mm M2M Quadcopter | 4x850kv | 4x1045s | Zippy 5000mah 3S 30c | Hitec Optic Sport 6

2.3m Global-hawk EDF UAV | Zippy 2200mah 4S 40c | Hitec Optic Sport 6

robshaw

ESC';s, LED';s and and bit bigger UBEC (5A from 3A) soldered in.

robshaw

UBEC supply cable threaded through ferite ring for noise reduction.

robshaw

Power on to check distribution and ';first fix';...

Also crius placed.  Didn';t realise there where holes in base for bolting the crius to the base plate.  Havent got any vibration proof rubber studs so thick sponge double sided will have to do for now.

MOFO64

Naza V1 | 1040mm Quadcopter | 4x360kv | 4x 1565s | Zippy 5000mah 3S 30c | Hitec Optic Sport 6
My-Fly4 | 660mm M2M Quadcopter | 4x850kv | 4x1045s | Zippy 5000mah 3S 30c | Hitec Optic Sport 6

2.3m Global-hawk EDF UAV | Zippy 2200mah 4S 40c | Hitec Optic Sport 6

robshaw

CRIUS AIOP fastened down with several layers of foam tape and sponge tie wrapped over barometer.  Decided against positioning the board on the top plate in attempt to avoid compass interference as the TBS just isnt geared up for this and I wouldnt be able to make use of the integral rx wiring properly.

ChrisH

Quote from: XH558 on Thursday,May 16, 2013, 09:40:23
MMmmmmm that looks suspiciously like the one on Ebay  ::)

Nah! Wrong colour legs and the one on Ebay is still for sale - £235 at the moment!!
:whistling:

Good luck with the build! ~~
Chris
Hubsan X4
DJI F450, Naza, GPS, DX8,
Tarot FY680 Naza, GPS, Hero3 Silver, 5.8 FPV with screen
 :england:

robshaw

Legs fitted and ESC';s mounted. Orientation LED';s strapped on.  I chose against using the TBS screws as they are a bit on the soft side.  I instead used some stainless screws from eBay. All held together with a sparing drop of medium strength loctite.

robshaw

Trying to work out how I can make use of the TBS core connections without actually using the TBS core.....

robshaw

Looking a bit messy wiry.  Minim OSD connected up and stuck down.  Using the VTX connections on the board for connecting up my GPS as my GPS receiver is fitted with header plugs and not the crius molex connections.  Also the cable will be threaded through a hole in the top plate so being able to disconnect it easily is a bonus.

robshaw

robshaw

robshaw

robshaw

And finally, 3dr telemetry, VTX and props fitted. Now for a cuppa before the maiden flight.

Biffa

You haven';t even left yourself enough time to put socks on, awesome ~~
Steve

robshaw

Just had it hovering in my living room nobody here to hold the camera tho so no video I';m afraid. Will try and prop it up. Haha. Your close on the sock thing. I need a shower before I go out for proper flight and yes I need to put socks on. :-[

homersainty

If you find yourself in danger of being taken seriously, then try to do something which undermines or sabotages that perception in some way.

robshaw

Cheers mate. Got megaP 2.9.1 addon flashed onto the crius. Bit nervy of it reading about all the problems, although I';m yet to experience it, so as this is the most valuable beast I have I think I will downgrade to 2.8 before I take it outside.

For the next installment of Robs 1 day builds I have a little 330 frame with an old kk board. I';ve got a spare crius with GPS so I';m gonna rebuild it with the crius. Watch this space. O0 Haha.

Quite enjoyed that.

nub

looks very nice, i really like the TBS frame :drool:
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

mickyt

Crikey you dont mess about fair play and well done matey hope the test flight goes tickety boo look forward to your results
If someone throw's a stone at you throw a flower at them just remember to throw the pot with it.

robshaw

Maiden flight was a success. Flew well.  Unfortunately the same cant be said for my internet connection. Video uploading. at 16% after 25mins. :-( Could be some time.

callaghan48

Postman dropped mine off at 11am it was flying 3.30 pm, rock solid with Naza, jellows a bit tricky to get rid of though.

robshaw

Ha, postman dropped mine off about 2 months ago. :-(  Not even begun with the jello yet.  Was gonna start with some sort of ear plug anti slip mat arrangement. See how I get on with that.

If that fails Im gonna try some of this....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290727036710?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648