Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,March 29, 2024, 07:52:49

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 35
Total: 35

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

ezOSD + ezUHF + Naza M - Diagram

Started by Jumpy07, Monday,May 13, 2013, 19:50:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumpy07

BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

Iceman

Hi Jumpy seem to remember the EzOSD/current sensor acts as a pass through and doesn';t stepdown anything meaning you have 4S voltage going directly to your Vtx. My last Immersion vtx (although capable of 16v input) ran very hot and didn';t last more than a couple flights before its range took a nose dive

Ice

Jumpy07

Quote from: Iceman on Tuesday,May 14, 2013, 01:16:12
Hi Jumpy seem to remember the EzOSD/current sensor acts as a pass through and doesn';t stepdown anything meaning you have 4S voltage going directly to your Vtx. My last Immersion vtx (although capable of 16v input) ran very hot and didn';t last more than a couple flights before its range took a nose dive

Ice

Good to know..
Having problems with the ezbus on the rx at the mo.. Sander quoting ground issues on a a few threads.. so loathed to run anything different until I get it going.. but did notice the vtx getting a bit warm
Cheers

Jumpy07

Just checked VTX, it says 2s-6s (7-25v) (5.8ghz long range latest model)
OSD was having issue if VTX was powered via 12v UBEC... so its just connected to the current sensor now..  will see what happens.. does seem hot though.. but not overly so.

Iceman

I opted not to run S Bus as I';m familiar with the old way..  ~~

There was a change with the later EzUHF firmwares in that you now select the outputs via Immersion tools rather than them being pre-set. Seem to remember there was some problems getting Naza/Sbus working together.

Firmwares, when it comes to latest and greatest Its often a lot smarter to let everyone and there dog do the testing before you jump.

Ice

Jumpy07

Beginning to wish had never bought ezOSD..   
Now turns out it does not play well with my WDR 600 Camera.. something to do with frame rates.. after some searching its a well known problem..   manifests itself in not showing the flashing warnings..     chased my tail then changed the cam for an old one.. and hey presto.. arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 
One saga after another..

Iceman

Yip it can be a painful experience trying to get everything working together.

I now stick with known setups that are proven to work even if it costs more initially. I found very quickly trying to skimp round things saving a few bob here and there normally introduces unknowns or worse.

I have an EzOSD/current sensor but feel its overkill on a quad + lots of weight/complexity thats not needed.

I installed a Core/tin shield into my disco. Has Voltage/Mha/ Amps/RSSI/Time running. The only thing I miss is a Home arrow. BTW if you do fit a Core/Shield remember to make a little hole in it so you can adjust OSD functions before its soldered in situ.

Ice

Jumpy07

Not getting any response to support tickets from FPV.. not sure if Simon is around at the moment... so am posting the RX back to him this afternoon for replacement.

The new 8 Channel lite works okay with my ezOSD so def the diversity RX i2C bus that was faulty on the Diversity RX.

ezOSD is def  a bit quirky.. and pernickety.... not loving it at the moment.. never had these sorts of issues with my old Cyclops or my MinimOSD.

Read some posts re: people having probs with dual power supplies, dual pole LC filters, and various camera problems...  it seems to be very fussy about ground connections... in my i2C/ezBUS cable that was supplied.. I noticed that the ground has been removed that was in the earlier cables... Sander indicates this was to stop ground loops..

My setup is pretty standard.. Naza M, PPM SUM, with Naza powering RX etc.. all Immersion ezosd, current sensor, ezOSD and immersion 5.8 Vtx.. all using the cables supplied unmodified....  plug and play.....not really anywhere you can go wrong..  you would think...

Iceman

Think you have just been a little unlucky with that Rx. Having used a TSLRS for a couple years, its not without its problems I tell you.

Moving to EZUHF was a breath of fresh air, but it does have a steep learning curve and you need to pay attention to the immersion support threads as there are lots of firmware updates currently and pay close attention on the how too';s. Overall its a better FPV integrated system + I get superior range at less than 50% power and most importantly its been reliable.

I';ve not used my EzOSD for 18 months LOL but eventually I';ll stick it in a wing again as it sends back the GPS Coordinates to the Ez tracker so you can go fetch if it goes pear shaped

Jumpy07

That';s why I bought it Ice.. wanted longer range than my OpenLRS kit could do, and liked the idea of the integrated setup... its just not as plug and play and the marketing blurb makes out.. but no surprise.
Have tracker half built..  next project
Anyway.. on home straight now.. hopefully Disco will be flying again this evening.. all ready for Sun

RX on its way back to Simon now for replacement..

Iceman

Well Jumpy seems you weren';t the only person to get a faulty RX.

Immersion have done a re-call on the latest batch..

I waited over 3 months. Bit peeved as  FPV Uk insisted I paid Special delivery up front as it was part of a larger order and I needed the other parts. Now I';ll have to fork out another £7 to send it back.

Ice

SimonS

The recall notice does not mention it but the email address for the UK repair centre is ukrepairs@immersionrc.com and the person to contact is Dave Brown. I think that he is based somewhere down south (Dorset?).

Jumpy07

Waited 6 weeks myself......

But the thing that really annoys me was the replies I got on FPVLAB when I was trying to figure it out...... strong denials that nothing was wrong with the rx....and off hand replies at that...

We need more competion both from manufacturing and retail..maybee then they would improve quality and customer care...in most industries they wouldnt get away with it..

bunnygirl80

My ezUHF has arrived now and the cables have been made for my JR DSX9. So, I';m ready to plug it all in and test. Do I need to install the firmware or can I test using the standard pre-installed?
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. [url="//www.aerialworx.co.uk"]www.aerialworx.co.uk[/url]

Jumpy07

Would flash RX and TX with latest...  if they aren';t both on same firmware.. they wont bind

bunnygirl80

Hi matey,

Oh! Thanks. Will upgrade. I just checked and they are both on 1.25a. So, pretty old. I will upgrade to 1.41 tomorrow and then test.

My JR DSX9 transmitter doesnt support PPM, but I';m not sure if the EzUHF TX takes the JR signal via the training port and then converts to PPM before sending to the EzUHF RX. Any ideas? Or will I have to use 7 small cables?

Once I';ve done this I will have a spare Spektrum receiver (from the TBS) for the hex, so that project can move forward.

Speak soon,

Thxx.
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. [url="//www.aerialworx.co.uk"]www.aerialworx.co.uk[/url]

Jumpy07

Should work via trainer port Stef..  not sure if you will have to enable it though... can you disabled the onboard 2.4ghz tx ?

Do you have a lipo powering your TX..?   not sure if you will also need to power the ezUHF externally.. depends on voltage

bunnygirl80

Quote from: Jumpy07 on Monday,May 27, 2013, 23:00:34
Should work via trainer port Stef..  not sure if you will have to enable it though... can you disabled the onboard 2.4ghz tx ?

Do you have a lipo powering your TX..?   not sure if you will also need to power the ezUHF externally.. depends on voltage

Hi hunni, yes, as soon as I plug a training cable into the JR training port, the JR transmitter switches to slave mode and disables the JR tx capabilities. The JR is powered by Nimh and I have a seperate lipo for the ezUHF. I';m happy with this!  The only thing I';ve got left to test now is if the ezUHF converts the training port signal into PPM. I';ll keep you posted on this! Thxx