Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 00:08:27

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Martian iii 220

Started by ched, Wednesday,July 05, 2017, 15:26:42

Previous topic - Next topic

ched

New Omnibus F4 Pro V2 installed.
OSD now working  ::)

Just have one slight issue with LED strip.... When powered by lipo and usb the leds work perfect. When just Lipo they are not the right colours and dont change on arming etc....
I did retry the CLI resource MOTOR 6 NONE , then resource led_strip a8 but no difference.
I am guessing it';s a 5v issue. The Omnibus F4 Pro V2 has 5v issues as they made it with a 1A diode not a 3A one!!!! But I am only running rx and the LED from the built in 5v. VTX and RunCam slit are from 4in1 esc 5v regulator.

Anyway will have a look at LEDs later. For now it is all together (minus props) including the vtx and antennas. Still trying to work out how to get the VTX03 mounted as it is so small and wont quite fit where cable ties will hold it well not with the button accessible and the display visible.
Anyway I will get some picys soon.
I try :-)

Dippi

Ched can you please add some pictures or a small video. Just curious to follow your build and maybe get some ideas from it.

ched

Here are a few images.

how to upload pictures on the internet

Cant get images of leds at moment as the buzzer will go off and wake people  ::)

Just checked weight 365gms + battery @175gms = 540gms

ched

Back to square one..... :banghead:
Testing voltages to see why the LEDs are not working the FC just stopped working!! No Leds, tried different USB cable, different computer, flight battery nothing!!!!!
I am sure I didnt short anything or apply power where it shouldn';t have been. I have lots of experience working on fault finding at component level so I don';t think it was my fault......

Think I will give up with Omnibus FC even though it fitted all my needs.

So once again build on hold.   :cry

ched

Right, after lots of searching for an alternative FC with all the bells and whistles I would like I can';t find one!
So after 2 Omnibus F4 V2 Pro clones and unmannedtech (UK Airbot supplier) having a V2 image on their V3 product and them not replying to emails I have decided to go with GdLookinMingeR';s suggestion of a Matek F405-OSD F4 ( see: http://www.multi-rotor.co.uk/index.php?topic=21825.0.
So I will order on from a UK supplier in the next few days.

Hopefully my build will get finished soon  ::) Not that I have time to fly for another 2 weeks....  :cry

Cheredanine

I had one of the matek to test, worked fine but used the matek pdb and ribbon connector

ched

Quote from: Cheredanine on Saturday,August 12, 2017, 11:13:07
I had one of the matek to test, worked fine but used the matek pdb and ribbon connector
Cheers, good to know you had a working one  :smiley:
I would have bought the pdb but it wont fit in the stack! I only have 2mm to spare! Actually thinking about it that is not true. If I moved my rx from the top of the stack I have extra space....... Now there';s a thought. Can I find space for my rx??? That way I can get a current sensor  ::)
I will have to have a look and see if there is any space for rx. The rx is a Flysky x6b so 35mm x 20.
then again that means the RunCam Split is on top so the sd card cant be removed..
Lots to think about.

ched

Change of plan. Decided I really wanted current sensor  ::). So ordered an Omnibus F3 Pro V2 from Unmanned Tech. So hopefully an original Omnibus will be reliable. Just have to avoid the inbuilt 5v supply. That';s no big deal as my 4in1 esc has 5v 3A regulator which will be fine. 0.6A for RunCam Split, 0.4A LEDs, 0.6A vtx03, plus x6b rx and the F3 it';s self. So I should be OK with 3Amps.
Should arrive Wednesday, Thursday  ::)

ched

Not much progress as the Omnibus F3 V2 Pro I received from Unmanned Tech didn';t work!

Basically flight controller had intermittent gryos. I had not soldered to the board. Sometimes on power up gyro traces would show and board moved same as model in BF. Other times Accelerometers and Baro working but no traces on gyro. Power Cycle sometimes cured it other times not. Flashed with 3.1.7 still same issue, tried with full erase still intermittent.
So not reliable to trust in quad.

They asked me to test and show pictures which I did. They said send it back and we will send new one out when we receive it. Sent back, took them 2 days to look at it after it arrived, they couldn';t replicate issue ( I had same gyro issues on win7 desktop, win7laptop and win10 tablet with different cables!).  The didn';t have any replacements in (they hadn';t when they said return it and they will send new one, I assumed they knew they had stock on way!) and I wasn';t keen on having the same FC back as I had no confidence in it. So they said they would refund as they could sell the one I returned!!!!!  First refund was £7.50 less than purchase price, I queried it so the refunded an additional £3.50 saying new guy made a mistake. So I was still down £4. They then refused to answer my emails. PayPal claim initiated and they would not talk to PayPal either! So Paypal refunded the whole amount.

So I was very disappointed by their actions. OK so an intermittent fault may be difficult to replicate but I just wanted a working replacement! I wasn';t trying to get a refund, just a working F3 V2 Pro.
So my experience of Unmanned Tech was such that I will never use them again. I suggest others think carefully as their customer service was very poor when things went wrong.

Cheredanine

Hi mate,
Sorry to hear your woes, have you got a replacement fc yet?

ched

Quote from: Cheredanine on Wednesday,September 06, 2017, 10:54:35
Hi mate,
Sorry to hear your woes, have you got a replacement fc yet?
Thanks.
Not yet. Going to use a F4 Pro that doesn';t have working video chip to get in the air. Just trying to work out easiest way to get voltage display.
Might have to get a MicroSwift 2 as it would give me voltage and is small enough to fit easily.

ched

Thanks to hobby rc I have a runcam micro swift 2.
I have now flown about 10 batteries worth.
My initial thoughts flying los:
Hovers at about 35% throttle!
Boy is throttle control difficult, trying to stay at constant height is difficult. Even with throttle expo at 0.6!
Orientation is difficult at anything over about 50m.
Controls so much more sensitive than the f450!
FPV takes some getting used to but again that is down to my fingers not used to such fine adjustments.
Only tried acro for a few seconds as it quickly gets away from me los.

It does very well in the wind. I wouldn';t take the f450 out at over 15mps wind but it has been gusting upto 30mph and it copes well.

So it';s just practice practice practice and hoping
the rain stays away 😀

sh0wtime

thats a shame, i was quite interested in the Omnibus FC until i read about your problems.

a quick google turned up this thread elsewhere - http://intofpv.com/t-omnibus-f4-pro-v2-fried

which may or not help  ~~
In for a penny, In for a Grand!

ched

I think the clones are iffy. It';s just lucky if you get one that works. I do think the original airbot ones are good and he does great support.
The omnibus is really the only FC that meets my wish list. I would like current sensor for 4in1 esc, SD card for Blackbox and bar so I can ensure I stay under 400ft.

Currently running omnibus f4 with no osd. It does fly well and logs (now I have the win app) look good with height and current readings. CPU load is low running dshot600 and BF3. 2rc4 with dynamic filters on.

Must admit I will stick with the semi broken FC and keep my eyes out for new FC coming out.
Other FC I would go for if I had to would be the kakuta but it doesn';t have sd card slot or baro.

ched

So after my first week flying I am very impressed with the Martian3 and the cheapy components. Mainly flying LOS in angle mode. By the end of the week my control is so much better. I can stay within a few feet of the ground flying squares, fig 8 etc. Did some fpv again in angle mode and getting better at judging height.

Impressed with my Infinity 4s 1500mAh batteries. This shows you have slow I am flying but I can almost get 10mins flight time.

Had lots of soft landings in the grass and a couple of ';safety'; landings into a tree or 2  :smiley: Only broke, well bent 1 prop! Amazing strength from props (KingKong).

Had issues with video feed but now back home looking at that. Have 1000uF 35v low esr caps on order and going to check pigtail etc.

Cheredanine

:) glad you are enjoying yourself mate.
For fpv really you need to get to acro mode, but go at your own rate ;) - see what I did there!

What were your video issues like?

ched

Quote from: Cheredanine on Wednesday,September 20, 2017, 20:34:54
:) glad you are enjoying yourself mate.
For fpv really you need to get to acro mode, but go at your own rate ;) - see what I did there!

What were your video issues like?
Funny you mention rate mode. It only clicked yesterday that the amount of tilt was not proportional to the amount of stick movement in acro! The amount of stick movement determines the ';rate'; of change of tilt!!!!!! Funny how long my brain takes........ I think my brain needs more exercise!!!!

Anyway back to video. Mainly horizontal lines when motors running and goggle dvd cutting out a little. It could be due to me using runcam micro v2 on 5v esc bec. I only did it that way as I wanted to use my runcam split and that was wired at 5v supply. The micro v2 just plugs into same connector as split plus the voltage sense wire. So little reluctant to change 5v supply unless I have to as I want to get split back in there when I can. Due to the FC osd not working I didn';t want to rely on untested tx voltage alarm with x6b rx. I bought a micro v2 to get osd voltage alerts.

Capacitors on way, hope to be fitted at weekend. I will also have a good look at the pigtail and antennas. Hopefully the ipex to sma is OK. Antenna is isolated from frame. Have a couple of antennas that I can test.

Cheers

Cheredanine

Typically if the lines appear when you throttle up, that is motor noise and will be fixed by the cap.

ched

A few picys of the finished Martian3 with a little added grass  :smiley:

how to upload a photo on internet

Just added 1000uF 35v Low esc capacitor and powered Micro V2 from vbat so hopefully vid feed will be better. Seems better on bench although not perfect. Maybe even some lines before arming! I wonder if my old vrx (RC805) is on it';s last legs?

Cheredanine

Make sure there is as much gap as possible between fpv wires and components and other parts, including fpv antenna mate
What antenna you using on Rx?

ched

Quote from: Cheredanine on Saturday,September 23, 2017, 19:41:51
Make sure there is as much gap as possible between fpv wires and components and other parts, including fpv antenna mate
What antenna you using on Rx?
Cheers.
Good point. My vtx is sitting at the rear just above the batt wires! Plus the pigtail is about 10cm long and it only needs to be about 2cm! I will see how I get on next weekend and then maybe look at emf issues if i still have lines flying. I suspect you are right that power wires and components are too close to video wires.
Antenna wise same Pagoda on vrx as you can see on the quad. Only alternatives I have for vrx are standard dipole or LHCP mushroom type but the Pagodas are RHCP. I did try the dipole that came with the vtx03 and seemed same on bench.

pete678

Thats a cracking build. Very tidy  :smiley:.
Puts my little martian 3 to shame. Youve done a great job with not alot of space.

ched

For the last year I have been running without an OSD as it never worked. So time for some new bits  ::)

I was happy with the features of the Omnibus F4 Pro so bought another  ::)
I also bought a Unity Pro HV Race vtx and a Menace Raptor Antenna.
As I was going to have an OSD I also bought a RunCam camera control board.

So yesterday I fitted everything and today was second maiden  ::)
Well a couple of teething issues with Voltage and Current calibration but notes taken so should be able to sort that. I also have a slight left yaw issue. Now fixed as tx wasn't calibrated, well I got my new F4 running same BF version as old one 3.3.1 and copied the diff settings. So looks like I should have checked rx end points and centre stick values as throttle and yaw were slightly off. Fixed now.

So flying with a yaw issue is interesting  ::) as is having lots of info on the screen  :laugh:
The image is so much better than the eachines vtx03 with a gearbest pagoda on quad. I am still using the gearbest pagoda on the goggles but image is so much cleaner. Still get slight issues in certain places but that's probably due to either local wifi (field is next to college with lots of wifi!) or the HV overhead lines above the field.

So very pleased with the rebuild, just need to secure capacitor a bit better and we are all good.

Will soon give the Dal Cyclones T5040C a try once the KingKong tris are destroyed  ::)

Tried to get some footage of me going sideways through the gate, I will see if I can put it together and add it here.