User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Bajadre: welcome to MRUK chad enjoy buddy :)
    May 20, 2018, 09:25:43
  • Andy7: Hey chad. Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it!
    May 18, 2018, 22:15:38
  • Kellarly: Hi
    May 18, 2018, 21:43:36
  • ChadB: Hello from a new member!
    May 18, 2018, 21:14:11
  • Gaza07: :beer2:  ~~
    May 17, 2018, 19:45:07
  • Bajadre: thanks gaza your a legend brother!!!!
    May 17, 2018, 19:13:46
  • ched999uk: VaNDAL just do the chargeback don't bother threatning just just lose time. I had an F4 with no OSD been flying with out the OSD as rest works fine. Never had an OSD so not really missing it. Do have Swift MicroV2 so batt V OSD.
    May 17, 2018, 18:54:29
  • arashi2009: lantian 90L
    May 15, 2018, 17:00:26
  • VaNDAL_UK: charge*
    May 15, 2018, 12:56:19
  • VaNDAL_UK: Thanks done all that. Pal, ntsc and auto. Tested the beeper all working correct pads ect.. I've put a RMA in with banggood. No responce afte 7 days a carge back warning is in order
    May 15, 2018, 12:55:34
  • ched999uk: VaNDAL make sure the tv system is selected to match the camera. Beeper normally +5v and 0v via beeper pin?
    May 14, 2018, 18:09:07
  • VaNDAL_UK: Anyone got experience with a Fury f3S flight controlelr. I can't get OSD or the beeper working!!!
    May 14, 2018, 16:28:18
  • mo_miah: @HF real talk!
    May 14, 2018, 11:36:47
  • Andy7: Ah... never watch that expecting anything serious. That's why Graham Nortin is the perfect host for that show.
    May 13, 2018, 09:19:01
  • hoverfly: I didn't watch eurovision but saw the winning entry on the news this morning.... w.t.f.   just what is going on  if anything  in the heads of people who think that was anything but  total pig slurry....It should also be remembered these people also vote in general elections  which affect your lives.. ..off to bog to finish puking.. :sick: :sick: :sick:
    May 13, 2018, 09:10:18
  • Andy7: Watching Eurovision and ripping the new map in DRL... yeahh!!
    May 12, 2018, 22:23:35
  • DarkButterfly: I’m just not keen on MAVlink, it’s an unencrypted link and can be pwnd by anyone with a laptop and a modified 433 telemetry radio
    May 12, 2018, 21:44:01
  • shawdreamer: doesnt anyone use a mission planner anymore?,  as much as APM's are getting outdated now I still cant fault their mission planner when your doing range runs, take my laptop or windows pad along with me, program in a simple straight line waypoint route and hit "launch", aslong as your frame got a 433mhz telem radio onboard you can monitor the entire run their and back and worse case scenerio hit RTH on the lappy to bring it home early
    May 12, 2018, 17:36:30
  • DarkButterfly: :laugh:
    May 11, 2018, 20:03:57
  • hoverfly: Don't  panic all hex's  pee themselves on 6s  , it's the excitement.. :laugh:
    May 11, 2018, 19:03:05

Who's Online

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Query time, Rates!  (Read 106 times)

Offline Stactix

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 10
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
Query time, Rates!
« on: May 14, 2018, 20:44:12 »
So I've just decided to take an interest and check my rates on my Rooster and realised they're at 667 degrees roll/yaw.
Should I gradually up them to 900 or so?, I quite enjoy flying a bit nutty.

A week ago or so I did change my rates on the sim from 667 to 900+ and certainly felt a difference. Felt looser so I don't know if I need to adjust anything else If I was to up my rates?

Offline ched999uk

• Liked: 579
Re: Query time, Rates!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 21:05:26 »
I am learning rate and have mine set to about 1000deg/sec but quite a bit of super rate and expo to tame things down centre stick.

I am not sure it that is why I am having difficulty trying to keep hairpin turns tight and not either sliding backwards or gaining too much height.
I am using FPVFreerider and have the settings a bit higher than snappy3 and it does perform similar to my quad.
So I would say practice on the sim with high rates then set them on your quad add a bit of super rate/expo etc to tame centre sticks and you will be fine.

Offline Stactix

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 21:54:47 »
I am learning rate and have mine set to about 1000deg/sec but quite a bit of super rate and expo to tame things down centre stick.

I am not sure it that is why I am having difficulty trying to keep hairpin turns tight and not either sliding backwards or gaining too much height.
I am using FPVFreerider and have the settings a bit higher than snappy3 and it does perform similar to my quad.
So I would say practice on the sim with high rates then set them on your quad add a bit of super rate/expo etc to tame centre sticks and you will be fine.

Ah I see, I think I'll take my work laptop out to the field.. tutut and do some gradual adjustments.
Do you mean turns like the one I did in the little clip I posted? I think for that it was a case of reducing throttle, while applying yaw + roll & then increasing throttle.
Racing practice on the sim helped me a tonne with turning.
my throttle control still could do with plenty of work mind :/

But thanks for that, going to keep watching vids & then hunt for the perfect rates.

Offline ched999uk

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 22:13:14 »
This is the vid I looked at plus some Josh Bardwell like:
Cheers for info on turns. I think you are right lower throttle, turn, bit more forward pitch and bit more throttle  ::)
Practice, practice, it does take me a long time to get my fingers to remember stuff  ::)

Online Cheredanine

• Liked: 1070
  • Everything you have been told is a lie
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 22:20:51 »
There is no right answer to rates, look at skitzo and le drinking, both superb freestyle pilots, they have completely different rates,

Freestyle and race pilots tend to have different rates (generally racers are lower

Your rates are therefore personal to you, set them where they feel most comfortable.

My suggestion is start with rc rate - this is basically a straight line rate, it is modified at the ends by s rate which basically adds expo... so...
Set up F.C. rate where you like the feel in the mid stick (from about 25% to 75% I’d mind stick is 50%

S rate is then used to add extra speed at full stick deflection. You don’t need insane speed, 1000 degrees per second is about three full rotations a second, many pilots don’t go much more than that,

The trick is to stick to rates, things like snap rolls are all about muscle memory, if you change your rates you bugger it up

Try a few settings, find what suits you best

Offline ched999uk

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 22:53:04 »
I seem to remember that in BetaFlight you can have 3 rate profiles that you can use your tx to switch between. That way you can try 3 different ones very easily.

Offline Stactix

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 21:33:29 »
Thanks both as always, will certainly be giving this a try.
Will have to look into setting that up Ched as that'd be very useful.
Thanks!